Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 20

Thread: I am a programmer .. give me some software to write!

  1. #1
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    21

    I am a programmer .. give me some software to write!

    Wanted: somebody to give me an idea for a new software project
    Reward: your software wish granted.


    I am a programmer by trade, and have just got in to the whole car modding scene. Haven't got a CarPC set up yet but I have some time on my hands and would like to contribute to the site by way of open-source software.

    So if you would like some software written that doesn't yet exist, or you would like to see improve, post here with some ideas to keep me busy?

  2. #2
    It ain't easy being a green moderator meddler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Steps out the front of Henson's workshop or Sydney
    Posts
    2,783
    maybe speak to cdrskull about freeice
    Never let the truth get in the way of a good story

  3. #3
    Maximum Bitrate nasa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    696
    What language and OS are you willing to work on? How much work do you want to get involved in?

  4. #4
    Variable Bitrate
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    378
    Perfect project here:
    http://www.mp3car.com/software-and-s...ab-option.html


    I promised to try to create a dll to interface the radio and an existing plugin but haven't had time to even look and won't for another month. If you wanted to work on anything to do with that radio software I think many would be grateful!

  5. #5
    Variable Bitrate Borte's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    445
    Help is always appreciated in OpenMobile. What's your areas of expertise?
    Failure is not an option...
    __________________________________________________ ______________________________
    The only full multizone / multiscreen cross platform open source Front End -> OpenMobile

  6. #6
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    21
    Quote Originally Posted by nasa View Post
    What language and OS are you willing to work on? How much work do you want to get involved in?
    I can work with most languages (bar a few of the less popular ones that I have yet to study - although I pick things up pretty quick), but willing to work on any of the following OSes:

    • Android (v1.5 - v4.0.3)
    • Windows 32 and/or 64 bit (from Win95 to Win8 MetroUI)
    • Linux
    • Mac OS X (from 10.4 to 10.7 Lion)
    • etc etc


    ... and also some embedded systems such as Arduino, Teensy, etc. I have dabbled with iOS platform before but gave up after a few weeks as the Apple Laws say that you can't do anything you want, that Apple rule your life, and that you have to sign away your soul (as well as pay for the privilege of such "licence")

  7. #7
    Variable Bitrate
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Perth, Western Australia
    Posts
    337
    Quote Originally Posted by stretch4x4 View Post
    Perfect project here:
    http://www.mp3car.com/software-and-s...ab-option.html


    I promised to try to create a dll to interface the radio and an existing plugin but haven't had time to even look and won't for another month. If you wanted to work on anything to do with that radio software I think many would be grateful!
    +1!

    I'm even willing to paypal you some cash for you to buy a Realtek based unit for local testing if you want, which would be +2 if you live in a DAB/DAB+ area

  8. #8
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    21
    Quote Originally Posted by Chester View Post
    +1!

    I'm even willing to paypal you some cash for you to buy a Realtek based unit for local testing if you want, which would be +2 if you live in a DAB/DAB+ area
    That would be awesome but ... after reading the SDK and Documentation I might not need a Realtek unit to test with after all.

    Please see my post in this thread: http://www.mp3car.com/software-and-s...-option-8.html

    Although I currently don't have an 2832U to test with, I think I can do this blind...

    Give me 24 hours to knock something up

  9. #9
    Variable Bitrate
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    378
    Hahahaha
    I gave him a link to the SDK

  10. #10
    Maximum Bitrate nasa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    696
    Quote Originally Posted by liamcrayden View Post
    I can work with most languages (bar a few of the less popular ones that I have yet to study - although I pick things up pretty quick), but willing to work on any of the following OSes:

    • Android (v1.5 - v4.0.3)
    • Windows 32 and/or 64 bit (from Win95 to Win8 MetroUI)
    • Linux
    • Mac OS X (from 10.4 to 10.7 Lion)
    • etc etc


    ... and also some embedded systems such as Arduino, Teensy, etc. I have dabbled with iOS platform before but gave up after a few weeks as the Apple Laws say that you can't do anything you want, that Apple rule your life, and that you have to sign away your soul (as well as pay for the privilege of such "licence")
    So...

    Some ideas for you from the *linux* guy:

    1. improve / fix Navit (which is available for both linux and android) -- it really needs a better way to search for addresses. A decent navigation alternative would benefit a lot of people on this forum and OSM seem to be fairly good.
    2. improve bluetooth phone support (for linux and/or windows)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Need Help!! Trying to write software to communicate with Centrafuse
    By Bxsteez in forum Software FAQs, Solutions, Tutorials
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-20-2008, 03:32 AM
  2. Looking for a software programmer.
    By madkad in forum Coders Corner
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 07-26-2007, 02:27 PM
  3. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-22-2007, 12:44 PM
  4. Write your own GPS software
    By boxzer in forum Software & Software Development
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-23-2006, 09:12 AM
  5. software to read/write to 8 DS1621s
    By greenman100 in forum Software & Software Development
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 05-09-2005, 06:05 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •