4am MUSIC Console 1.5 (music jukebox)
Hi all, I just realized that if I wanted feedback I was to start a new thread, so here's the project information about what 4am Music Console. This originally started as an HTPC(Home Theatre Personal Computing) software project, however I then got emails from users saying it was excellent for car lcd use as well <here's one really nice example> So after debating whether or not it was justified to post about this software in this forum I decided to do it, in the hopes that some of the users here may find it of interest. Here is a summary of the product and what's new...
- Browse your hard drive based CD collection, based on folders/directories
- Use custom resolution display (included are common 4:3 AND 16:9 skins)
- NEW: Display it in window mode (excellent for everyday player useage) or fullscreen mode (for the perfect HTPC player)
- Completely modifiable skin structure, create your own layout of buttons and text, your own sizes for each button etc...
- Use ANY type of files with 4am Music Console (you control the file extensions to be searched.) <HINT for those who want playlists: If you are using winamp, then setup a folder with winamp playlists in it, then you can select a winamp playlist file and it will add the whole playlist for playback. Internal playlist support will be a feature to be added in the coming releases>
- Launch individual files into the default player
- Launch the whole folder using a command line setup
add files to playlist (based on command line directive)
- Edit the playlist (can now be used with the embedded player and Winamp)
- Display cover art
- Display thumbnail view of all CD's
- Display Artist, Album, Date, and Genre information for each CD.
- Auto read ID3 tag information from MP3's to generate above display.
- Sort CD List display by Artist Name, Album Name, Date, or Genre.
- Search/Jump to key points in your CD collection (section A, B etc... or if sorted by Genre jump to different Genre's from the pull-down list)
- Hot Key support for every command
- Embedded Player as well as support for external players (including full support for Winamp version 2.x)
- easy to use setup program
- built in visualizations (excellent for use on plasma screens)
New features, and changes in 1.5
- + play/pause for embedded player and winamp
- + auto scaling feature added - can be set so that 4am Music console can be run as a non-fullscreen interface
- + ability to drag window (when auto scaling is off)
- + overscan adjustment (ability to specify top corner of window when 4am starts when auto scaling is off)
- + Volume control (Shift+F1 = Volume UP, Shift+F2 = Volume DOWN)
- + Thumbnail image support (makes for faster navigation as smaller images need to be resized to fit the smaller image boxes used to display list of 10 CD's)
- + show folder name in CDInfo.ini file editor from within 4am Music Console
- + Show/Hide cursor option
- + Start cursor at specified location
- - Removed show/hide stop, previous, next, rewind, and forward button options (must be controlled via skin editing, done to allow for more skin customization ability and relax restrictions)
fixed some winamp issues regarding music not starting when song is queued and no music is playing
- Removed flash requirement (also means 4am Music Console skins are no longer forced to have the default Overnight Technologies topbar)
Screenshots of version 1.5 with the "Brightness" skin
Playlist Editor View
NOTE: for other skins (including an excellent 640x480 skin) visit this page.
- Windows 98 SE, Windows Me, Windows NT4, Windows 2000, or Windows XP
- 64 MB of free available system RAM
- 4 MB of available disk space
- IMPORTANT: 4am music console requires Microsoft® Windows Media Player™ Series 9 to be installed on your computer.
Microsoft Windows Media Player 9
For more information please visit Overnight Technologies, or the 4am MUSIC console webpage.
Please post feedback and comments here, or alternatively on the Overnight Technologies Forums.
Thank you to everyone that has supported this project, and I hope others will enjoy it.