Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 20 of 20

Thread: Windows 8 carpc video

  1. #11
    Maximum Bitrate david69leonard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    521
    Quote Originally Posted by bmw_car_pc View Post
    What all apps are you running?
    MULTIMEDIA 8 (very useful, allows you to control volume, set up playlists with both videos and music) favorite so far

    MORE MAPS

    ANGRY BIRDS (of course)

    SKYPE

    GOOGLE SEARCH

    MAIL

    PEOPLE

    GPS COMPASS

    YOUTUBE DOWNLOADER (music videos)

  2. #12
    Constant Bitrate FockMasterDan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Westerville, Ohio
    Posts
    140
    Quote Originally Posted by david69leonard View Post
    Thanks for the comments guys, I've been downloading and trying out different media apps all day now and I do have to say... I think Centrafuse and RR are a thing of the past for me! My CarPC has been brought back to life, Its quicker and way more responsive. Microsoft did a fantastic job on this one, two thumbs up from me!!!!!
    This is great to hear for me. I had played with RR but never quite got it where I wanted. This has reinvigorated me for my carpc project.
    Computer is in the car, but in a very "raw" install right now.

    Worklog - here

  3. #13
    Maximum Bitrate
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    725
    A few questions:

    1) Any touch screen friendly offline GPS navigation software work well in "Metro"?
    2) What are you doing for media controls and can they be run alongside the GPS app without having to switch windows?
    3) I'm assuming that we'll receive some sort of touch/metro friendly Sirius/XM and various other tuner apps sometime?

  4. #14
    Variable Bitrate
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Plymouth , MN
    Posts
    313
    Here's a question for you.
    If you had the space to fit the lilliput 12.1 inch monitor without multi-touch in the mp3car store versus the 10.4 inch lilliput with the multi-touch capability, would you pick the larger screen size over the multi-touch functions or verse versa?
    I am redoing my monitor install in my chevy avalanche and have enough space to fit a 12.1 inch monitor in there however I have not found one with a multi -touch display.
    I am debating whether to go down to the smaller size or just go with the larger size and hope that eventually someone will make a multi-touch panel that size so I can just replace panels instead of redoing the whole dash.
    2002 Chevrolet Avalanche
    Zotac NForce 610i ITX, 2GB RAM, 2.6 GHz Intel Pentium Dual Core CPU, 320 GB Hard Drive, 12' VGA touchscreen monitor, 3D mouse
    My Worklog : http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/work...avalanche.html

  5. #15
    FLAC
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    1,024
    Quote Originally Posted by Dluvr22 View Post
    Here's a question for you.
    If you had the space to fit the lilliput 12.1 inch monitor without multi-touch in the mp3car store versus the 10.4 inch lilliput with the multi-touch capability, would you pick the larger screen size over the multi-touch functions or verse versa?
    I am redoing my monitor install in my chevy avalanche and have enough space to fit a 12.1 inch monitor in there however I have not found one with a multi -touch display.
    I am debating whether to go down to the smaller size or just go with the larger size and hope that eventually someone will make a multi-touch panel that size so I can just replace panels instead of redoing the whole dash.
    Check out revo-sys.com, I saw them from another post on here, they have the best line up on monitor and capacitive touch I've seen.

  6. #16
    Variable Bitrate
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Plymouth , MN
    Posts
    313
    Quote Originally Posted by Punky View Post
    Check out revo-sys.com, I saw them from another post on here, they have the best line up on monitor and capacitive touch I've seen.
    Thanks
    Great site. However the pricing of their monitors are way out of my league.
    2002 Chevrolet Avalanche
    Zotac NForce 610i ITX, 2GB RAM, 2.6 GHz Intel Pentium Dual Core CPU, 320 GB Hard Drive, 12' VGA touchscreen monitor, 3D mouse
    My Worklog : http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/work...avalanche.html

  7. #17
    FLAC
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    1,024
    yeah they are on the pricey side, but seems like very high quality monitor. i have inquired if their capacitive touch kit can be purchased seperately.

  8. #18
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    3
    does win8 have any phone control via bluetooth?

    i was planning centrafuse still as i feel phone integration/control is a huge "must have" for my needs ...

  9. #19
    Variable Bitrate bambam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Upstate New York
    Posts
    276
    Quote Originally Posted by stokjeep View Post
    does win8 have any phone control via bluetooth?

    i was planning centrafuse still as i feel phone integration/control is a huge "must have" for my needs ...
    Yeah, I would be interested in that also plus, with GPS navigation, I like RR because it automatically mutes my video/music and puts gps in the front when a turn is coming up. Can this be done in Win8 as a front end?
    "Imagination is more important than knowledge." -AE

  10. #20
    Constant Bitrate FockMasterDan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Westerville, Ohio
    Posts
    140
    Quote Originally Posted by bambam View Post
    Yeah, I would be interested in that also plus, with GPS navigation, I like RR because it automatically mutes my video/music and puts gps in the front when a turn is coming up. Can this be done in Win8 as a front end?
    I would doubt that much of that is built in yet, but once Win8 is more popular that should be pretty easy to program.
    Computer is in the car, but in a very "raw" install right now.

    Worklog - here

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Similar Threads

  1. Lose video after windows starts
    By tyman in forum LCD/Display
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-07-2006, 10:13 PM
  2. Windows XP Media Center 2005 Video
    By n33d45p33d in forum WinNT Based
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 07-06-2006, 03:09 PM
  3. windows vista walkthrough video
    By fventura03 in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-01-2005, 10:02 PM
  4. video not working in windows
    By blackpacu in forum General MP3Car Discussion
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-29-2004, 05:56 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •