Page 15 of 20 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314151617181920 LastLast
Results 141 to 150 of 196

Thread: CarBox - First Test Release

  1. #141
    Constant Bitrate NotchbackVW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    120
    Sy,
    Loaded up new release last night. Very pleased with the gamma correction bit, didnt expect it to be adjustable, brilliant.
    The external apps works well too.

    The only prob I have is that when putting the OSK in as an external app for enterenting postcodes for gps it doesnt work because it fills the ext apps window and therefore cannot click the cursor back into the text entry box to enter text.
    Is it possible to have the OSK working as before and an additional button for external apps. Or even better than that ability to use as many buttons for each external app as it is required.
    I understand you dont want to add extra buttons because of messing peoples skins up but could you not have the option of either using one button to launch/go to external apps or buttons for each. Do i make sense saying that if you just replicated the GPS launch bit 9 times this would do this? Then people could personalise either with by somehow entering how many they want to use. Or more simply for you just enter the size of the active buttons not required to 0,0 and ignore them.
    These are just my thoughts, i know nothing about software so sry if I am assuming things to be more simple than they are!!!

    Two more q's, why is it 'can't add a playlist to a playlist'? I assume it is impossible to do for some reason beyond my understanding!

    Also is there any way to play a particular song from an album without having to seach for it. Ie, double click on album name and it then displays tracks? Am i missing somthing?

    Anyway enough of the questions, I will start on my skinning soon, will probably be VW related and am happy for anyone to have it when its done. May also do other makes as i go so will post some pics in a couple of weeks and if you want a particular badge putting in I can do.

    Adam

  2. #142
    Maximum Bitrate GingerPrince's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Leeds, UK
    Posts
    533
    Quote Originally Posted by NotchbackVW
    Sy,
    Loaded up new release last night. Very pleased with the gamma correction bit, didnt expect it to be adjustable, brilliant.
    The external apps works well too.

    The only prob I have is that when putting the OSK in as an external app for enterenting postcodes for gps it doesnt work because it fills the ext apps window and therefore cannot click the cursor back into the text entry box to enter text.
    Is it possible to have the OSK working as before and an additional button for external apps. Or even better than that ability to use as many buttons for each external app as it is required.
    I understand you dont want to add extra buttons because of messing peoples skins up but could you not have the option of either using one button to launch/go to external apps or buttons for each. Do i make sense saying that if you just replicated the GPS launch bit 9 times this would do this? Then people could personalise either with by somehow entering how many they want to use. Or more simply for you just enter the size of the active buttons not required to 0,0 and ignore them.
    These are just my thoughts, i know nothing about software so sry if I am assuming things to be more simple than they are!!!

    Two more q's, why is it 'can't add a playlist to a playlist'? I assume it is impossible to do for some reason beyond my understanding!

    Also is there any way to play a particular song from an album without having to seach for it. Ie, double click on album name and it then displays tracks? Am i missing somthing?

    Anyway enough of the questions, I will start on my skinning soon, will probably be VW related and am happy for anyone to have it when its done. May also do other makes as i go so will post some pics in a couple of weeks and if you want a particular badge putting in I can do.

    Adam
    I won't do it with lots of extra buttons I think that's messy. What I will do is set it so that for each application you add to the list, you can specify whether it's embedded or external. That way you can launch things like OSK without them being embedded fully.

    As for adding playlists to playlists, it's just the way Windows Media Player works. You can add a song to the current playlist, but you can't add a playlist directly. It may be possible to search through the playlist and add each entry at a time, but the theory is that if you've created a playlist anyway, you'd have created it with all the songs you wanted in I may change this in future, but not immediately.

    I programmed the playlist management originally for the way I wanted it to work, and that was to queue up a number of albums, I would never really want to go and find and play one song from one album to play. I may add the ability to drill down to file level though, if enough people want it.


    Sy

    GingerPrince

    Car changed for TVR Griffith 500, so computer de-installed. Using a Dension 100ix w/60Gb HD unit in the interim.

    Carputer Install - http://www.stuffandting.com/carputer/
    CarBox Software -- http://www.stuffandting.com/carbox/

  3. #143
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    19
    Simon is the best!

  4. #144
    Variable Bitrate slarty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    303
    Bwahahaha Superb!!! nice to war drive
    Lilliput 8", C134 EPIA-M 900 (Black), A1-ITX, 256 Mb RAM, 40 Gb HDD, DVD, 802.11g, mini keyboard

  5. #145
    Maximum Bitrate GingerPrince's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Leeds, UK
    Posts
    533
    CarBox 0.6.2 is now available for download.

    Changes since last release: -

    - You can now choose to have external applications embedded, or launched externally. Useful for on-screen keyboards, launching background tasks and the like.

    - When files are listed in the playlist, if they don't have both a valid Artist and Title defined in the ID3 tag, it displays the filename instead. This will help people who don't have their ID3 tags defined.

    I'm now working on release 0.7, which will have basic CD and DVD functionality.

    Enjoy,


    Sy

    GingerPrince

    Car changed for TVR Griffith 500, so computer de-installed. Using a Dension 100ix w/60Gb HD unit in the interim.

    Carputer Install - http://www.stuffandting.com/carputer/
    CarBox Software -- http://www.stuffandting.com/carbox/

  6. #146
    Banned NightHunter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Milwaukee, WI
    Posts
    417
    I love carbox, but I must say you are really clipping along on this and I am having trouble keeping up.....

  7. #147
    Maximum Bitrate GingerPrince's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Leeds, UK
    Posts
    533
    Quote Originally Posted by NightHunter
    I love carbox, but I must say you are really clipping along on this and I am having trouble keeping up.....
    I'm trying to add features a bit at a time without adding bugs. Remember it's still pre-1.0 version. Once I get to 1.0 feature adding will slow down.

    The idea is I add a bit, release it, add a bit more, release it. Without making too many changes at once. That way if bugs are introduced I can be fairly confident of where they've come from.

    Plus, everyone keeps asking for more features

    GingerPrince

    Car changed for TVR Griffith 500, so computer de-installed. Using a Dension 100ix w/60Gb HD unit in the interim.

    Carputer Install - http://www.stuffandting.com/carputer/
    CarBox Software -- http://www.stuffandting.com/carbox/

  8. #148
    Banned NightHunter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Milwaukee, WI
    Posts
    417
    Quote Originally Posted by GingerPrince
    I'm trying to add features a bit at a time without adding bugs. Remember it's still pre-1.0 version. Once I get to 1.0 feature adding will slow down.

    The idea is I add a bit, release it, add a bit more, release it. Without making too many changes at once. That way if bugs are introduced I can be fairly confident of where they've come from.

    Plus, everyone keeps asking for more features

    I was just joking anyway.. I like what your doin'. Thanks for the program and hard work.

  9. #149
    FLAC ukchris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    1,458
    Simon,

    I just downloaded CarBox to try on my new touchscreen and have a few questions, is this the right place for them?


    1) Is there an FAQ or any form of manual? I don't want to trouble you with questions to things that are repoeated elsewhere.

    2) I set my GPS app to be MapPoint (US) using the configurator, it launches but it is "outside" CarBox, I was under the impression it would be "inside".

    3) Music - I added some MP3's and set the "Media Root" to C:\MP3 where they are saved. If I go to the media player and click the "Open Folder" then "Add" I get a "List Index Out of Bounds" error. Do I have to have playlists setup maybe?

    4) Gamma Correction - will this work for all apps that are "inside" CarBox? Assuming I can get MapPoint to work "inside" will it be gamma corrected? This is key to me as my screen is way too bright at night.

    The app looks great, excellent work, I'm sure given all the positive comments I have read that I am just overlooking something.

    Chris.

  10. #150
    Maximum Bitrate GingerPrince's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Leeds, UK
    Posts
    533
    Quote Originally Posted by ukchris
    1) Is there an FAQ or any form of manual? I don't want to trouble you with questions to things that are repoeated elsewhere.

    2) I set my GPS app to be MapPoint (US) using the configurator, it launches but it is "outside" CarBox, I was under the impression it would be "inside".

    3) Music - I added some MP3's and set the "Media Root" to C:\MP3 where they are saved. If I go to the media player and click the "Open Folder" then "Add" I get a "List Index Out of Bounds" error. Do I have to have playlists setup maybe?

    4) Gamma Correction - will this work for all apps that are "inside" CarBox? Assuming I can get MapPoint to work "inside" will it be gamma corrected? This is key to me as my screen is way too bright at night.

    The app looks great, excellent work, I'm sure given all the positive comments I have read that I am just overlooking something.

    Chris.
    1) Not at the minute, once I get to version 1.0 (after adding CD DVD etc which I'm working on now) I'll get some proper documentation together. In the meantime it's changing too much to document. FOr the moment feel free to post questions here.

    2) Make sure you set the startup delay for the application to be long enough, 5 seconds may not be.

    3) Are they in subdirectories or all in one big directory? The browser only shows directories, of which you add a directory (eg album) at a time. If they're all in one directory they're hard to manage. But if you put all your mp3s in c:\mp3s\bigdirectory you'll be able to add that.

    Next version will let you add individual MP3s like I think you want to. (it already does I'm just adding other things before releasing again).

    4) Gamma correction changes the "windows" gamma ramp, so everything will be adjusted.



    Sy

    GingerPrince

    Car changed for TVR Griffith 500, so computer de-installed. Using a Dension 100ix w/60Gb HD unit in the interim.

    Carputer Install - http://www.stuffandting.com/carputer/
    CarBox Software -- http://www.stuffandting.com/carbox/

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •