Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 106

Thread: Album art downloader

  1. #31
    Raw Wave hijinks21's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Albany, NY
    Posts
    1,803
    thats a bug i have to work out.. looks like you might have closed that app and a thread was still running in the background. I think its a simple fix though.

    I plan on doing your type dir layout this week. RIght now if you set D:\Share\MP3\ as your root to mass load you should get a output like

    arist ----nothing---- <button>

    if not let me know
    '98 Explorer Sport
    http://mp3car.zcentric.com (down atm)
    AMD 800mhz 192megs RAM 60gig hard drive 9 inch widescreen VGA
    80% done

  2. #32
    FLAC ukchris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    1,458
    Quote Originally Posted by hijinks21
    thats a bug i have to work out.. looks like you might have closed that app and a thread was still running in the background. I think its a simple fix though.

    I plan on doing your type dir layout this week. RIght now if you set D:\Share\MP3\ as your root to mass load you should get a output like

    arist ----nothing---- <button>

    if not let me know
    Do I need to reboot to get rid of this rogue thread? I get no output at all at the moment when I point it to D:\SHARE\MP3\

    If I move my folder will it run better? Say D:\MP3 ?

    Chris.

  3. #33
    Raw Wave hijinks21's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Albany, NY
    Posts
    1,803
    moving shouldn't matter. You shouldn't need to reboot. if you close that console window the thread will die.

    I'll do a test at work tomorrow with your setup and see what happens.
    '98 Explorer Sport
    http://mp3car.zcentric.com (down atm)
    AMD 800mhz 192megs RAM 60gig hard drive 9 inch widescreen VGA
    80% done

  4. #34
    Raw Wave hijinks21's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Albany, NY
    Posts
    1,803
    new version.. check the first post for the run down. I have added a new directory structure

    arist
    album1
    album2
    '98 Explorer Sport
    http://mp3car.zcentric.com (down atm)
    AMD 800mhz 192megs RAM 60gig hard drive 9 inch widescreen VGA
    80% done

  5. #35
    Variable Bitrate rgardjr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    374
    I'm having trouble getting it to work with the new directory structure. Here's what my directory structure is:
    d:\MP3\Artist1\Album1
    d:\MP3\Artist1\Album2
    d:\MP3\Artist2\Album1
    d:\MP3\Artist3\Album1
    d:\MP3\Artist3\Album2
    ...
    Not finding any artwork. I'll attach a screen shot of my dir structure and error I receive. I select d:\mp3 as the start directory. Let me know what I'm doing wrong.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

  6. #36
    Raw Wave hijinks21's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Albany, NY
    Posts
    1,803
    Quote Originally Posted by rgardjr
    I'm having trouble getting it to work with the new directory structure. Here's what my directory structure is:
    d:\MP3\Artist1\Album1
    d:\MP3\Artist1\Album2
    d:\MP3\Artist2\Album1
    d:\MP3\Artist3\Album1
    d:\MP3\Artist3\Album2
    ...
    Not finding any artwork. I'll attach a screen shot of my dir structure and error I receive. I select d:\mp3 as the start directory. Let me know what I'm doing wrong.

    ok i'll do more testing with the code in windows.. thanks for the screenshots.. hopefully they will help.
    '98 Explorer Sport
    http://mp3car.zcentric.com (down atm)
    AMD 800mhz 192megs RAM 60gig hard drive 9 inch widescreen VGA
    80% done

  7. #37
    Raw Wave hijinks21's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Albany, NY
    Posts
    1,803
    ok new version out.. delete the art dir and just use this one..

    rgardjr and ukchris i should have fixed your issues
    '98 Explorer Sport
    http://mp3car.zcentric.com (down atm)
    AMD 800mhz 192megs RAM 60gig hard drive 9 inch widescreen VGA
    80% done

  8. #38
    Variable Bitrate rgardjr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    374
    Quote Originally Posted by hijinks21
    ok new version out.. delete the art dir and just use this one..

    rgardjr and ukchris i should have fixed your issues
    I have it running right now and its finding some of the covers. Tried this morning and it crashed after about 10 albums-I think it was probably Amazons fault. Definatley seems faster running at off peak hour. I thing I've noticed and don't have a suggestion to fix is that for any double disc or box set that has album name with a disc # it won't find ever. I'll let you know tommorow how it does after a full run. Thanks Again!

  9. #39
    Raw Wave hijinks21's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Albany, NY
    Posts
    1,803
    Quote Originally Posted by rgardjr
    I have it running right now and its finding some of the covers. Tried this morning and it crashed after about 10 albums-I think it was probably Amazons fault. Definatley seems faster running at off peak hour. I thing I've noticed and don't have a suggestion to fix is that for any double disc or box set that has album name with a disc # it won't find ever. I'll let you know tommorow how it does after a full run. Thanks Again!

    i found that problem yesterday. I had to change how the library was grabbing the XML data from amazon to a function that can't handle http error codes like 405/500 and such. I have that problem fixed and I'll make another build asap
    '98 Explorer Sport
    http://mp3car.zcentric.com (down atm)
    AMD 800mhz 192megs RAM 60gig hard drive 9 inch widescreen VGA
    80% done

  10. #40
    Variable Bitrate rgardjr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    374
    Quote Originally Posted by hijinks21
    i found that problem yesterday. I had to change how the library was grabbing the XML data from amazon to a function that can't handle http error codes like 405/500 and such. I have that problem fixed and I'll make another build asap
    One feature request I'd make would be for an output file that could be sorted so you could have a record of which covers weren't found. That way you could go back to those albums and manually search for covers.

Similar Threads

  1. How do album covers work for MP3
    By rgardjr in forum MediaCar
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 09-07-2004, 11:23 AM
  2. Album art download utility??
    By liquid_smoke in forum Software & Software Development
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 09-28-2003, 09:38 PM
  3. how about album art?
    By Stine161 in forum Auto-Play
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-15-2003, 10:18 PM
  4. Album cover art question...
    By Defiler in forum ME Archive
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-26-2003, 10:02 PM
  5. album cover art ?
    By hotwater9 in forum ME Archive
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 01-05-2003, 03:28 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •