Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: MapPoint GPS Source Code Request

  1. #1
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    35

    MapPoint GPS Source Code Request

    Does anyone have some examples on accessing GPS function in MapPoint with the ActiveX control? I can't find any.

    Thanks,
    Andy

  2. #2
    FLAC ukchris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    1,458
    Quote Originally Posted by teedty1
    Does anyone have some examples on accessing GPS function in MapPoint with the ActiveX control? I can't find any.

    Thanks,
    Andy
    Seems to be a lot of good stuff here http://www.mp2kmag.com/articles.asp

    Chris.

  3. #3
    Raw Wave hijinks21's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Albany, NY
    Posts
    1,803
    there is also a ton of it on MSDN
    '98 Explorer Sport
    http://mp3car.zcentric.com (down atm)
    AMD 800mhz 192megs RAM 60gig hard drive 9 inch widescreen VGA
    80% done

  4. #4
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    35

    Unhappy

    I haven't found anything on any of those sites dealing with getting the GPS coordiantes out of MapPoint.

    How are Coyote and others integrating MapPoint into their applications? Are they using native MapPoint GPS methods to display the current GPS position on the map?

    Thanks,
    Andy

  5. #5
    FLAC ukchris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    1,458
    Quote Originally Posted by teedty1
    I haven't found anything on any of those sites dealing with getting the GPS coordiantes out of MapPoint.

    How are Coyote and others integrating MapPoint into their applications? Are they using native MapPoint GPS methods to display the current GPS position on the map?

    Thanks,
    Andy
    Most of the CarPC apps just host the GPS application in a window, essentially making it easier to access the program, they do not integrate with them, Garry (Confused) did an extension to Destinator using its SDK to display heading and speed, again though MediaCar then is just hosting that application.

    I'm working on a program that will read the NMEA sentences to capture latitude, longitude and speed. My aim to to run with a virtual serial port splitter so that several devices can use on GPS. My aim is to have the GPS run as normal then have my app be able to display location, speed and heading. Ultimately I want to use it to adjust the volume depending on the speed to compensate for the increase in noise associated with higher speed.

    What language are you programming in?

    Chris.

  6. #6
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    35
    I'm workin with a Flash Front End embedded into a C#.NET application

    Its goin great, but I don't get how Coyote is doin his GPS in MediaCar. If he is just embedding the mappoint app in his program, how is he getting the directional arrow on the location, plus turning off menus, toolbars, etc?

  7. #7
    FLAC ukchris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    1,458
    Quote Originally Posted by teedty1
    I'm workin with a Flash Front End embedded into a C#.NET application

    Its goin great, but I don't get how Coyote is doin his GPS in MediaCar. If he is just embedding the mappoint app in his program, how is he getting the directional arrow on the location, plus turning off menus, toolbars, etc?
    Get the window handle for the app and set its parent to be a window or panel in your app. GPS is all done by the app itself, except in the case of Garry's compass etc which is done with the Destinator SDK and is Destinator specific.

  8. #8
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    35
    thanks a bunch...

    I wonder if Coyote is gonna publish source for MediaCar...

  9. #9
    FLAC ukchris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    1,458
    Quote Originally Posted by teedty1
    thanks a bunch...

    I wonder if Coyote is gonna publish source for MediaCar...
    If all you want to do is encapsulate an app there are plenty of examples around, it's just API calls.

  10. #10
    Variable Bitrate SilentAdmirer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Linz Am Rhein , DE
    Posts
    276
    Take a look at http://www.anotherurl.com/mapping/vcpp.htm



    Hope this helps
    Regards
    Satish

Similar Threads

  1. Feature Request: Fast Fix for GPS
    By 1BlackHatch in forum MediaCar
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 05-01-2004, 03:22 PM
  2. Need spectrum analyzer source code
    By XPLORE in forum Software & Software Development
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 12-07-2001, 11:19 AM
  3. MPXPlays Source code is available!!
    By Fosgate in forum Software & Software Development
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-30-2001, 06:18 PM
  4. c++ LCD source code
    By mprover in forum Software & Software Development
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-19-2001, 04:32 PM
  5. Dos MP3 player/decoder source code?
    By Fosgate in forum Software & Software Development
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-23-2000, 04:46 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •