A new software in devloppment - NEOCAR
Hello @ all !
I'm pretty new to the English carpc community, but i'm on europeans (french) forums for 2 years.
I'm from Switzerland and i'm developping a new InCar multimedia player, like coyote's Mediacar, in VB6.
My software is not finished now, but at this moment the audio module is 100% working.
By the way, my soft is 100% skinnable. You can select exactly what controls / texts / buttons you want to appear. My program is also requires NO others softwares. It has winamp AVS, but you don't need to install winamp. Same for audio playing.
The Skin format is in XML, for better readability and skinning possibilities. I have also released a Skin Editor, entirely graphical ;)
I'm sorry to say you that no english version is out yet. But i'm sure you will be capable to use it.
At last, i'm very sorry for my bad english. I would't just show you what i'm making in my little Switzerland ;)
If anyone can make traductions for my app, then contact me and we will see how we can make.
Here is a list of features (badly traduced from French):
- 100% autonomous software (not need for Winamp or Windows Player Media)
- 100% skinnable interface
- completely free positioning, dimensioning of the buttons and controls
- 3 independent visualisation modes for each module (example: in the audio module, a click on visualization passes in medium mode, then full)
- reading of files MP3, WAV, WMA
- reading of preview album in the filelist (preview.jpg)
- reading of album description in the filelist (description.txt)
- ID3Tag version 1 and 2 support, as well as infos of the file
- Winamp AVS powered, without installation of Winamp.
- when a file is ending, it passes to the next. When the album is ending, it passes to the next. When the audio folder is at end, it restarts to the first album
- "Cuesheet" (cue) support. You can virtually subdivide an AUDIO file in several "tracks" while indicating times in the Cuesheet (same name that the AUDIO file). An example of Cuesheet file is in the zip.
- when you press on the advance in track button , the more you leave pressed, the fast it go forward (or backward)
- illimited number of presets configurable for the equalizer (file equalizer.xml)
- unlimited number and type of frequencies skin.xml (of 80 - 16000Hz)
Here's the download link (only requirements is the VB6 Runtimes and MSXML version 2)
neocar bin alpha v0462 2004-04-27
The developpment forum: http://www.danstagueule.ch/neocar/forum/
Now, i have finished the VIDEO module, but not released yet to public. I'm finishing the new skin editor and then i will release both sin editor ans neocar with video module full working.
And here are few screenshots:
Audio in "normal" mode:
http://www.danstagueule.ch/neocar/neocar v046 audio.jpg
Audio in "medium" mode:
Audio in "full" mode:
http://www.danstagueule.ch/neocar/neocar v046 main.jpg
Another skin to see the skinning possibilities:
And here's the new skin editor version in developpment (old version is in the zip)