Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 17

Thread: WinXP Hibernation Problems

  1. #1
    Constant Bitrate
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    165

    WinXP Hibernation Problems

    I have my carpc set up to go into hibernation. It goes into hibernation fine, but when I turn it back on it does a full boot instead of coming out of hibernation. I can't really figure out why. I have an EPIA MII10000 with a Morex 60w PS & Carnetix P1260. WinXP is set to go into Hibernation when the powerswitch is pressed. I had this working fine when I had it set up with an Opus 90w powersupply, but it doesn't want to work with the Morex/Carnetix combo. Any ideas?

  2. #2
    And then I was mod. Tidder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    New Mexico, USA
    Posts
    4,211
    That's weird man.
    Tidder

    Try RevFE
    The best resurrected frontend I've ever used, period.

  3. #3
    Low Bitrate
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Marietta, GA
    Posts
    62
    Quote Originally Posted by jeremyp111
    I have my carpc set up to go into hibernation. It goes into hibernation fine, but when I turn it back on it does a full reboot instead of coming out of hibernation. I can't really figure out why. I have an EPIA MII10000 with a Morex 60w PS & Carnetix P1260. WinXP is set to go into Hibernation when the powerswitch goes on. I had this working fine when I had it set up with an Opus 90w powersupply, but it doesn't want to work with the Morex/Carnetix combo. Any ideas?


    jeremyp111.... I have the same problem. I too would appriciate a solution if anyone knows of something!
    -Thanks

  4. #4
    And then I was mod. Tidder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    New Mexico, USA
    Posts
    4,211
    I've noticed sometimes my computer freaks out if I'm accessing the hard drive constantly like booting for instance. (only when the car's off and my voltage is lower than it should be) It causes freaky things with the power. What/how many drives do you have? CD-rom, hard drive, USB devices, etc. That's the best I know where to start man, sorry.
    Tidder

    Try RevFE
    The best resurrected frontend I've ever used, period.

  5. #5
    Maximum Bitrate Bravellir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Porto, Portugal
    Posts
    741
    Iím using a inverter+itps and a amd board, but i very occasionally get the same problem. I found out that when power its shut down ( in my case, when the itps cuts the power to the relay that is between the battery and the inverter). The itps feeds a very small pulse to the output that is connected to the pc power switch. This sometimes is enough to make the pc start, and since its power is cut immediately after, when it boots again it no long resumes from hibernation.
    Donít know if it's your case, but I thought you might want to explore the possibility.
    Ikea Case. Epia M10000.M1-ATX. 512 Mb. 2,5" 80 GB HDD. 7" Lilliput. BU-303 GPS. Sony Joystick.
    Status -->
    Lilliput Installed (not indash yet..)
    BraveCar 2.5

  6. #6
    Constant Bitrate
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    165
    Quote Originally Posted by Tidder
    I've noticed sometimes my computer freaks out if I'm accessing the hard drive constantly like booting for instance. (only when the car's off and my voltage is lower than it should be) It causes freaky things with the power. What/how many drives do you have? CD-rom, hard drive, USB devices, etc. That's the best I know where to start man, sorry.
    Here's what I have:
    EPIA MB (as above)
    512mb ram
    (1) 2.5" 60gb HD
    (1) slim DVD
    wi-fi PC card
    USB GPS mouse
    USB gyration keyboard/mouse combo
    Lilliput USB touchscreen controller
    Lilliput is powered from 12v+ regulated from Carnetix P1260

  7. #7
    Constant Bitrate
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    165
    Quote Originally Posted by Bravellir
    Iím using a inverter+itps and a amd board, but i very occasionally get the same problem. I found out that when power its shut down ( in my case, when the itps cuts the power to the relay that is between the battery and the inverter). The itps feeds a very small pulse to the output that is connected to the pc power switch. This sometimes is enough to make the pc start, and since its power is cut immediately after, when it boots again it no long resumes from hibernation.
    Donít know if it's your case, but I thought you might want to explore the possibility.
    I've watched it to see if anything funny was happening, but it does go into hibernation properly. Power is shut down shortly there after. Most of the time it looks like it's trying to come out of hibernation and then just goes into a full boot like it was never in hibernation. Do you think i should try to repair the XP installation?

  8. #8
    Raw Wave Laidback's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Madrid
    Posts
    1,984
    Does it still work ok with the powerswitch button?

  9. #9
    Low Bitrate l9nux's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Sussex, UK
    Posts
    78
    I'm not 100% sure on this, but does the motherboard still need power whilst in hibernation? I know it does for stand-by, but if your power supply is completely powered off (rather than just the PC), then this might be the cause?
    -= I took the red pill =-

  10. #10
    Raw Wave Laidback's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Madrid
    Posts
    1,984
    Quote Originally Posted by l9nux
    I'm not 100% sure on this, but does the motherboard still need power whilst in hibernation? I know it does for stand-by, but if your power supply is completely powered off (rather than just the PC), then this might be the cause?
    They don't need power in hibernation.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. XMPCR has hibernation problems?
    By MikeH in forum FrodoPlayer
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 09-24-2004, 10:08 PM
  2. GS Reciever, WinXP SP2, and Hibernation
    By captain_jim1 in forum GPS
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 09-19-2004, 03:12 PM
  3. Dell Inspiron 8200 & Lilliput TS problems?
    By bkpsu in forum LCD/Display
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-15-2004, 01:55 PM
  4. Problems Enabling Hibernation
    By divinity in forum Software & Software Development
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 05-16-2004, 12:03 PM
  5. windowsMe hibernation
    By moahdib in forum Software & Software Development
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-03-2000, 11:07 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •