Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 27

Thread: Navigation Mute

  1. #1
    Low Bitrate mp31023's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    70

    Navigation Mute

    Of the all of the navigation software people are using, which if any of them mute the media player, i.e. winamp and so forth, during voice prompts?

    Which of the navigation system do you guys recommend?

  2. #2
    Variable Bitrate NRGZ28's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Posts
    407
    Destinator 3 pauses FrodoPlayer as well as lowering the volume in Winamp...
    Iguidance doesnt do any of that but it's much better then Destinator.

    I personally think the Destinator 3 front end made by ninja money sucks compared to Iguidance.
    Current Setup

    Nexus 7 Tablet
    Built in head unit
    Brutus 1500Watt Amp
    Two Boston 12" subs

    2006 Infiniti M45 Sport ;) My 4 door Camaro... lol


  3. #3
    What can I say? I like serial. Curiosity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Florence Yall, BFKY
    Posts
    2,684
    I have a solution for Iguidance/Routis (at least the old one) but it has to be added to the front end or player and I don't know if you can do this in VB. Proably so, but anyway, here it is in C++:
    Code:
    	HANDLE	m_hNotify;
    
    	// Start the watch thread
    	void StartFileNotify()
    	{
    		DWORD dwThreadID;
    
    		CreateThread( (LPSECURITY_ATTRIBUTES) NULL, 2048,
    					  (LPTHREAD_START_ROUTINE) _FileWatchThread,
    					  (LPVOID)this, 0, &dwThreadID );
    	}
    
    	// Close the notify handle, stops the thread
    	void StopFileNotify()
    	{
    		if(m_hNotify)
    			FindCloseChangeNotification(m_hNotify);
    		m_hNotify = NULL;
    	}
    
    	// Stub for C++ class stuff (not needed for VB)
    	static DWORD FAR PASCAL _FileWatchThread(LPSTR lpData)
    	{
    		CRoutisMutis *pRM = (CRoutisMutis *)lpData;
    
    		pRM->FileWatchThread();
    		return TRUE;
    	}
    
    	// The actual watch thread
    	void FileWatchThread()
    	{
    		static char szPath[] = "C:\\Program Files\\Deluo\\Routis\\Snd\\";
    
    		DWORD dwRTimer = 0;
    
    		m_hNotify = FindFirstChangeNotification( szPath, FALSE, FILE_NOTIFY_CHANGE_LAST_ACCESS );
    		if( m_hNotify == INVALID_HANDLE_VALUE )
    		{
    			m_hNotify = NULL;
    			return;
    		}
    
    		while(m_hNotify)
    		{
    			FindNextChangeNotification(m_hNotify);
    
    			while( WaitForSingleObject(m_hNotify, 1000) == STATUS_TIMEOUT )
    			{
    				if(dwRTimer)
    				{
    					dwRTimer--;
    
    					if(!dwRTimer)
    						Unmute();
    				}
    			}
    
    			if(m_hNotify)
    			{
    				Mute();
    				dwRTimer = 3; // mute for 3 seconds
    			}
    		}
    	}
    It's just a thread that watches for reads in the Routis sounds folder, and any time you get a notification, you can lower the volume of the player or mute it, then after 3 seconds of no file reads, it will unmute/raise the volume.
    Anyway, hope it's of use to someone!

  4. #4
    Rub One Out Motoko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Hertfordshire, England, Earth, Solar System
    Posts
    919
    Quote Originally Posted by NRGZ28
    Destinator 3 pauses FrodoPlayer as well as lowering the volume in Winamp...
    Iguidance doesnt do any of that but it's much better then Destinator.

    I personally think the Destinator 3 front end made by ninja money sucks compared to Iguidance.
    you really have a crap opinion.
    CarPC status: iPod, 3,456,217 songs so **** you

  5. #5
    Variable Bitrate NRGZ28's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Posts
    407
    Which is why I said it's MY opinion.
    Current Setup

    Nexus 7 Tablet
    Built in head unit
    Brutus 1500Watt Amp
    Two Boston 12" subs

    2006 Infiniti M45 Sport ;) My 4 door Camaro... lol


  6. #6
    Maximum Bitrate GruvThang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Northern Virginia, USA
    Posts
    683
    Quote Originally Posted by Motoko
    you really have a crap opinion.
    That is a crappy opinion of his opinion!
    [COLOR=Navy][SIZE=1][FONT=Comic Sans MS]Tektility

  7. #7
    I'm sorry, and you are....? frodobaggins's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Ruston, LA
    Posts
    8,846
    Quote Originally Posted by Curiosity
    I have a solution for Iguidance/Routis (at least the old one) but it has to be added to the front end or player and I don't know if you can do this in VB. Proably so, but anyway, here it is in C++:
    Code:
    	HANDLE	m_hNotify;
    
    	// Start the watch thread
    	void StartFileNotify()
    	{
    		DWORD dwThreadID;
    
    		CreateThread( (LPSECURITY_ATTRIBUTES) NULL, 2048,
    					  (LPTHREAD_START_ROUTINE) _FileWatchThread,
    					  (LPVOID)this, 0, &dwThreadID );
    	}
    
    	// Close the notify handle, stops the thread
    	void StopFileNotify()
    	{
    		if(m_hNotify)
    			FindCloseChangeNotification(m_hNotify);
    		m_hNotify = NULL;
    	}
    
    	// Stub for C++ class stuff (not needed for VB)
    	static DWORD FAR PASCAL _FileWatchThread(LPSTR lpData)
    	{
    		CRoutisMutis *pRM = (CRoutisMutis *)lpData;
    
    		pRM->FileWatchThread();
    		return TRUE;
    	}
    
    	// The actual watch thread
    	void FileWatchThread()
    	{
    		static char szPath[] = "C:\\Program Files\\Deluo\\Routis\\Snd\\";
    
    		DWORD dwRTimer = 0;
    
    		m_hNotify = FindFirstChangeNotification( szPath, FALSE, FILE_NOTIFY_CHANGE_LAST_ACCESS );
    		if( m_hNotify == INVALID_HANDLE_VALUE )
    		{
    			m_hNotify = NULL;
    			return;
    		}
    
    		while(m_hNotify)
    		{
    			FindNextChangeNotification(m_hNotify);
    
    			while( WaitForSingleObject(m_hNotify, 1000) == STATUS_TIMEOUT )
    			{
    				if(dwRTimer)
    				{
    					dwRTimer--;
    
    					if(!dwRTimer)
    						Unmute();
    				}
    			}
    
    			if(m_hNotify)
    			{
    				Mute();
    				dwRTimer = 3; // mute for 3 seconds
    			}
    		}
    	}
    It's just a thread that watches for reads in the Routis sounds folder, and any time you get a notification, you can lower the volume of the player or mute it, then after 3 seconds of no file reads, it will unmute/raise the volume.
    Anyway, hope it's of use to someone!

    That's ******* brilliant !
    [H]4 Life
    My next generation Front End is right on schedule.
    It will be done sometime in the next generation.
    I'm a lesbian too.
    I am for hire!

  8. #8
    What can I say? I like serial. Curiosity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Florence Yall, BFKY
    Posts
    2,684
    Thank you kind monkey!

  9. #9
    Constant Bitrate Big Zack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    176
    Curiosity - I have to second the monkey on this one... that is an awesome idea.

    So Frodo, when should we expect implementation?

  10. #10
    I'm sorry, and you are....? frodobaggins's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Ruston, LA
    Posts
    8,846
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Zack
    Curiosity - I have to second the monkey on this one... that is an awesome idea.

    So Frodo, when should we expect implementation?
    When I completely parse in my brain how to do this, I will work
    on some test code. Once the test code is working, I can
    give an estimate.
    [H]4 Life
    My next generation Front End is right on schedule.
    It will be done sometime in the next generation.
    I'm a lesbian too.
    I am for hire!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 25
    Last Post: 10-18-2004, 06:39 PM
  2. Using "rgb navigation input" on head units for video feed
    By thedude_five in forum General Hardware Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-01-2004, 06:17 PM
  3. Line In Mute problem with Radio...
    By ShawJohn in forum MediaCar
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-20-2004, 05:21 AM
  4. Audigy 2NX with separate mute for Line-In and Mic-In
    By badandy4you in forum MediaCar
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 06-03-2004, 12:04 PM
  5. BMW pre-installed system - TFT ?
    By tsingsu in forum LCD/Display
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 08-05-2002, 02:16 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •