Page 48 of 102 FirstFirst ... 38394041424344454647484950515253545556575898 ... LastLast
Results 471 to 480 of 1016
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: One-Click WebCam Recording!

  1. #471
    Newbie Cameleon's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    33
    Think thats up to Curiosity depending on what hes changed recently. I have a version with my changes and his merged into them as he posted them, but there may be more changes.

    For those that use 2 cams, do you record both at once? I'm tempted to make a version that allows a second cam and displays it in the upper corner of the main screen. So you get one big display and a smaller second one. To start with it will capture 2 full streams (seperate files) but then hope we can merge them into one recording somehow (samplegrabber perhaps). At least this way we can have the double catpure working as it was before but within one app. Just wondering for those that use it with 2 cams currently, what they do in way of recording etc.

  2. #472
    What can I say? I like serial. Curiosity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Florence Yall, BFKY
    Posts
    2,684
    Quote Originally Posted by silvi4000 View Post
    Now that overlay is working we should try and merge all changes to build a new setup.
    I tried to merge the files that have been posted but failed with the error I previously posted.
    Check your copy of VideoCapabilities.cs and see if "public Size GetSize(int item)" is in there. I'm pretty sure it's not if you're getting that error still.

  3. #473
    Constant Bitrate
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    219
    Quote Originally Posted by Cameleon View Post
    Think thats up to Curiosity depending on what hes changed recently. I have a version with my changes and his merged into them as he posted them, but there may be more changes.

    For those that use 2 cams, do you record both at once? I'm tempted to make a version that allows a second cam and displays it in the upper corner of the main screen. So you get one big display and a smaller second one. To start with it will capture 2 full streams (seperate files) but then hope we can merge them into one recording somehow (samplegrabber perhaps). At least this way we can have the double catpure working as it was before but within one app. Just wondering for those that use it with 2 cams currently, what they do in way of recording etc.
    I guess you could post your version in the meantime.

    For multiple cams I like your idea of separate files but 1 merged preview. I would go even further ahead and save the merge of the cams as a 3rd file.
    It would be cool if we could make it work like a picture in picture where you could cycle the big/small pictures by touching the screen.
    These guys got the overlay working and that was like the most difficult thing to implement for this application
    multiple cams should not be that difficult now

  4. #474
    Newbie Cameleon's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    33
    Overlay was relatively easy as Curiosity already had the DS filter ready to go! Depends how handy he gets with C#, but I think we'd have to use samplegrabber to merge them which could be quite a lot of work! Saying that I dont know how much work the GPS filter was, but I think it would have been quite a lot.

  5. #475
    Constant Bitrate
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    219
    Quote Originally Posted by Curiosity View Post
    Check your copy of VideoCapabilities.cs and see if "public Size GetSize(int item)" is in there. I'm pretty sure it's not if you're getting that error still.
    I'll check later tonight. Can you post your complete solution with your latest changes?
    We should start looking for a source control solution. Maybe codeplex.com could work.

  6. #476
    FLAC Nomader's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Greece
    Posts
    1,291
    ok i got it workin..seems like when i was downloading it yesterday you hadn't updated the zip yet..
    on noticeble problem: the resolution can only be selected via the config.ini!! in the menu only 640X480 is available..

  7. #477
    What can I say? I like serial. Curiosity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Florence Yall, BFKY
    Posts
    2,684
    Quote Originally Posted by Cameleon View Post
    Think thats up to Curiosity depending on what hes changed recently. I have a version with my changes and his merged into them as he posted them, but there may be more changes.

    For those that use 2 cams, do you record both at once? I'm tempted to make a version that allows a second cam and displays it in the upper corner of the main screen. So you get one big display and a smaller second one. To start with it will capture 2 full streams (seperate files) but then hope we can merge them into one recording somehow (samplegrabber perhaps). At least this way we can have the double catpure working as it was before but within one app. Just wondering for those that use it with 2 cams currently, what they do in way of recording etc.
    That might be a lot of work and double the requirements on the processor if it's 2 full graphs. All the code may need to be doubled or loops for everything. Graph[n].blah

    I think the easiest way to do it would be 2 preview renderers with the small one overlaying the other, resizing and popping the small one to front. That way you don't have to merge the streams. It's kind of fake though.

    Otherwise a PIP filter? What if the 2 devices are at different resolutions? I guess it has to be decimated to 1/4 or less anyway, but hey what could go wrong? lol

  8. #478
    What can I say? I like serial. Curiosity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Florence Yall, BFKY
    Posts
    2,684
    Quote Originally Posted by Nomader View Post
    ok i got it workin..seems like when i was downloading it yesterday you hadn't updated the zip yet..
    on noticeble problem: the resolution can only be selected via the config.ini!! in the menu only 640X480 is available..
    Ooh, maybe it was cached or something. The 640x480 thing sounds like what Cameleon was getting. CaptureTest.cs had a problem. Look for this line:
    m = new MenuItem(sz.Width + "x" + sz.Height, new EventHandler(mnuFrameSizes_Click));

    It should be sz and not Size.

  9. #479
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    55
    can someone actually give instructions on how to get this new capture to fully work with gps?

    im illiterate when it comes to programing and i have no clue how to get all of this to work.

    i have the bu353. any help would be great
    thanks

  10. #480
    Constant Bitrate
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    219
    we need a new setup for the new capture with overlays
    Can GPSFilter and xPort be included on the setup like optional components?

Similar Threads

  1. Recording (web)camera to carpc
    By DaKyy in forum General Hardware Discussion
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 09-05-2005, 08:59 AM
  2. iGuidance Recording
    By Cheekz185 in forum GPS
    Replies: 35
    Last Post: 07-22-2005, 06:56 PM
  3. Routis click ok
    By johnnyutah36 in forum MediaCar
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-25-2004, 10:22 PM
  4. T-Mobile Internet
    By cavramair in forum Wireless Communications
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 07-24-2004, 03:53 AM
  5. Video camera for recording driving
    By MBL MIKE in forum Input Devices
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-26-2004, 12:27 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •