Just couple of (much) smaller issues:
1. Any suggestion on the best Audio codec? 4kpbs is horrible, staticy and broken everywhere of course. But I can't seem to have much luck with others, they all seem to increase CPU utilization more than one would expect. I mean, 800x600@15fps is 20%, with audio on, pretty any encoder, it gets to 40-56% (depending on encoder). 960x720 about 24% (no audio), 56%-60% (with audio).
2. The start minimized option actually sends it to the Windows 7 tray, and it's not obvious it's there. I started like 4 copies until I realized they were indeed being opened (the tray in the Win7 hides most icons under one). I actually like that behavior, but I thought you should know. Also, the overlayed minimize button does not send it to tray, however, but to the taskbar. There is no way to send the program to tray, unless restarting it.
3. My camera supports 960x720@30 fps, as 800x600 @ 30fps, many others. However, the list on the settings menu only show ONE resolution "640x480 (30)" at @30fps, all the others has a (15) indicating 15fps -- and that's what's being recorded. The FPS setting even when set at @30 or @29.xxx fps does not change the file being recorded: it's still 15fps.
4. Is there any way to tamper with the number's displayed? (say in the registry or text file). How difficult is it? Say to change the time or speed readings right before/as they are being recorded? Just because I was asked about it and didn't know for sure.
5. Number of files = 0 means no limit, right? As in MB limit=0, means unlimited, correct?