Page 74 of 102 FirstFirst ... 24646566676869707172737475767778798081828384 ... LastLast
Results 731 to 740 of 1016
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: One-Click WebCam Recording!

  1. #731
    What can I say? I like serial. Curiosity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Florence Yall, BFKY
    Posts
    2,684
    They all work the same way using DirectShow. It's constantly writing but the file insn't finalized until it stops, so if at any point the PC were to crash, the file wouldn't be playable. It might be recoverable, but it would be difficult.

  2. #732
    Constant Bitrate
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    219
    Quote Originally Posted by Curiosity View Post
    They all work the same way using DirectShow. It's constantly writing but the file insn't finalized until it stops, so if at any point the PC were to crash, the file wouldn't be playable. It might be recoverable, but it would be difficult.
    is there anything that can be done to make the file more "recoverable" in case of a crash?

  3. #733
    Mod - iPad Forums RipplingHurst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Danville, CA
    Posts
    2,161
    I think WMP, winamp wouldn't play it, but VLC, others, might do it. There are some codecs on the net that play broken video files. I'm sure I have some in the car right now.

    I was testing if Minicam was going hibernating alright while recording. It would go to sleep, and it would record a new file after resuming, but only if I chose sleep from the start menu. It wouldn't if DSATX send a power off signal to the MB. I need to do further testing, but if it goes to sleep, it should hibernate too, right? (hybrid sleep is enabled after all).

    There is an avi file right now that WMP can't read. - the one that it was recording when the DSATX finally cut the power. I'll install VLC later and see if it's easily playable.

  4. #734
    Mod - iPad Forums RipplingHurst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Danville, CA
    Posts
    2,161
    Quote Originally Posted by silvi4000 View Post
    is there anything that can be done to make the file more "recoverable" in case of a crash?
    Yes, of course. I suggested VLC above, but there's things like these too:

    http://www.gomlab.com/eng/GMP_Introduction.html

    Play Broken AVI Files (Patented)

    AVI files can't be played if the index is broken, or if the file isn't completely downloaded. This is because the index is located at the end of the file. GOM Player's patented technology enables users to view files with broken indexes or that are still being downloaded.

  5. #735
    What can I say? I like serial. Curiosity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Florence Yall, BFKY
    Posts
    2,684
    VirtualDub can probably load and resave it with the fixes. I use to do that with corrupt downloads, but forgot. Mpeg doesn't have nearly as much trouble because it doesn't have all the headers and tables that avi has. It can be chopped up and still play.

    MiniCam has an archive feature now.

  6. #736
    Constant Bitrate Prefect's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Switzerland
    Posts
    178
    MiniCam has an archive feature now.
    Nice! :-)

  7. #737
    What can I say? I like serial. Curiosity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Florence Yall, BFKY
    Posts
    2,684
    Quote Originally Posted by RipplingHurst View Post
    I think WMP, winamp wouldn't play it, but VLC, others, might do it. There are some codecs on the net that play broken video files. I'm sure I have some in the car right now.

    I was testing if Minicam was going hibernating alright while recording. It would go to sleep, and it would record a new file after resuming, but only if I chose sleep from the start menu. It wouldn't if DSATX send a power off signal to the MB. I need to do further testing, but if it goes to sleep, it should hibernate too, right? (hybrid sleep is enabled after all).

    There is an avi file right now that WMP can't read. - the one that it was recording when the DSATX finally cut the power. I'll install VLC later and see if it's easily playable.
    Sleep and the power button should be the same thing. I guess it depends on what you have it set to do. I'm currently using suspend and standby events, but MS likes to change them around in different Windows versions, so there may be some new events that it's not seeing.

  8. #738
    Mod - iPad Forums RipplingHurst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Danville, CA
    Posts
    2,161
    After searching a lot, I found out that my problem was the wire from DSATX to the MB got loose. It's hibernating fine now.

    Also, the new version with the archieve feature does not work for me, it works exactly as the previous ones: you press the record button, the picture goes away, and if you press it again to stop recording, it does not come back.

  9. #739
    What can I say? I like serial. Curiosity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Florence Yall, BFKY
    Posts
    2,684
    Oh great. Well, I took out the debug stuff again. I don't see how but that's keeping the filename from getting corrupted. I just put it back in, so download it again. If that works, I'll just keep it in there. There's no reason for that to work though.

  10. #740
    Mod - iPad Forums RipplingHurst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Danville, CA
    Posts
    2,161
    Thanks! Heh, maybe you just found out a bug nobody knows yet. I'll try this one again.

    One more thing, my gps is not working after hibernation. Grmnusb.sys is a huge piece of crap. I was getting lots of BSODs, but I have since changed the usb port, and that stopped. Huge undertaking to do that in the car, and I had it together with the webcam in a powered usb hub, I had to reroute a new usb cable from the passenger side firewall, to under the console, all the way to the driver's seat. Now this is cured. Xport reports "no data" on COM 5 (using GPSgate as service on COM5 to translate Garmin data and create COM5). Hibernation used to work fine on XP SP3, same setup, not on WIndows 7 though. But maybe this should go to the Xport thread? I'll look for it, sorry.

    One more question, if the camera starts from hibernation without the GPS data, when the GPS finally gets 3d fix, will it be displayed by Minicam? I mean, does it constantly polls xport for that?

    Cheers,

    RH

Similar Threads

  1. Recording (web)camera to carpc
    By DaKyy in forum General Hardware Discussion
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 09-05-2005, 08:59 AM
  2. iGuidance Recording
    By Cheekz185 in forum GPS
    Replies: 35
    Last Post: 07-22-2005, 06:56 PM
  3. Routis click ok
    By johnnyutah36 in forum MediaCar
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-25-2004, 10:22 PM
  4. T-Mobile Internet
    By cavramair in forum Wireless Communications
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 07-24-2004, 03:53 AM
  5. Video camera for recording driving
    By MBL MIKE in forum Input Devices
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-26-2004, 12:27 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •