Linux for carpc with specific features?
Hey, long time reader, first time poster. I was wondering if there's a linux distro that:
- Boots instantaneously (or closely enough to not be really noticable)
- Allows wireless syncing when I pull into my driveway then shutting down
- Is very lightweight (sort of goes hand in hand with instantaneous booting)
- is controllable with <10 buttons
- Allows playlist management
- (optional) cd burning and ripping support
Now I'm sure I'm getting into a fairly technical region here, but let me explain what I'm aiming to do with my carpc.
I'm planning on first and foremost, having it sync with my desktop computer automatically, matching my file structure exactly. I don't have a lot of money, so I'm thinking of going with a 20x2 or 20x4 LCD screen (the credit card machine type) and a USB numeric keyboard with about 12 buttons or so. I'm also hoping to simply place an old desktop computer with modest specs in the car with hopefully an Opus PS (or a cheaper solution if there is one, I'm not averse to hitting a power switch when i get in the car).
If there's any help anyone could provide, I'd be very grateful. If there's any suggestions anyone has, I'd grateful as well. There's a wealth of information here and I'm just hoping to benefit from some of it. Thanks in advance.