Hi all, been looking over the forums for a while. Downloaded most of the popular frontends a year or so back, and again lately. But really haveing trouble finding something I like!! Am I too picky?
I'd have no trouble paying for something that I am happy with. Maybe something like RR skinned?? Downloaded a few of those too..
Really I can't get past a couple sticking points.
1. Most seem too darn complex to use in a car. I want SIMPLE
2. I don't want one gigantic list of all my songs (thousands in wma format) They HAVE to be in a album folder structure. Eg folder list on the left, songs in the selected folder on the right.
3. A menu that is easy ( I'm no programmer!!!) to add and remove options. I don't want a browser, sat radio, phone etc. I won't use them, and so I don't want to see them cluttering the UI.
4. A quick and simple slider volume control. Slide my finger along and it changes accordingly.
5. Less cryptic symbols on buttons. If I can't work out what they do by looking at them then its not good enough. I want others to be able to use the thing too.
I have a Philllips pronto pro remote at home. I've set that up so even my Mother can use it. Wish I could adapt it to a car setup.
I really liked the digitaldash layout, but having all the songs in one list is a deal breaker I'm afraid.
I have so many ideas I would like to see in a frontend. I just wish I could make something myself. :confused:
Anyone have some suggestions? Or would like to skin something already out there the way I want it?? For money of course.
I haven't actually put a PC in a car yet. That will happen in my new car in the coming months. But I want to get things rolling before then.