Come on somebody!
So I Bought Rolf's iBus interface .. it's the Serial v4 (4 prong). I hook up the Cd-Changer iBus connector to the adapter (I'm assuming the brown wire is the ground).
The problem is .. "simulating" button presses through iBus Analyser doesnt do anything. It says the action has been simulated, but nothing happens. Now, when I press the NEXT or PREV track button on the STEERING WHEEL it shows up in the iBus Analyser log. However, no other button presses appear in the log.
What's the deal? I would love to get this thing working completely in both directions, but right now all I have are responses that those 2 buttons are being pressed,
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Come on somebody!
I'll have to grab it from my car .. but I didnt modify it from the original install. I think it's odd it picks up the steering wheel's NEXT TRACK button and only that one.Originally Posted by Hark
UPDATE: Loaded up mediaEngine and was messing around in the settings and noticed you could turn on IRMAN in the Remote Config tab. When I enabled this, all the IBUS commands started showing up in the log. I was able to very quickly train mediaEngine to respond to my steering wheel controls.
I then made a splitter for my IBUS cable in the trunk (since the only oneback there is used for my BlitzSafe Aux-Input)... tada .. everything's up and running!
Alltough ibuscomm says that a keep alive signal has been sended, sometimes my amp strangely start with radio and keeps playing it untill i switch to cd. I have to remove the screen and re-attach the hu's controlplate which contains also handy mode button.Originally Posted by captain_jim1
Still working on getting this to work. So far, i am down to the assumption that it could be the scripting in the .ini file if you have tested and know for sure that you are getting signal from your steering wheel by using iBUS analyser.
The wierd thing tho....it works on my laptop, but not on my Carputer.
My laptop has a different XP version of windows (came from factory-toshiba) while my carputer is running off an OLD XP version with updates from windows (via internet) SP2. My carputer worked before my formatting, but now its no good i am once stuck again...dont know what to do now