EniCar V0.02 is out.
MC2.0 skin is still my guinea pig. But MediaCar works pretty well also. Didn't spend time on other skin loading. Some button functionnality still missing to make many skin working well.
My effort were on the Video_Player, Audio_Player, Video_Browse, Audio_Browse page. Actually i now consider those parts as alpha. still need to debug small things and improve some stuff, but i consider the functionnality as fully present. (unless someone point out any problem).
Here is the file
just replace the exe from the previous version. no other change. for people who don't have the previous version report to the first message of this thread.
What's new :
- Label DATE & TIME working
- Fix a bug in label alignement drawing
- Fix a bug in loading label that was causing label =something to be uppercase
- fix label drawing to be at last and not in loading order
- Adjust size of font in bold to match VB
- Label will not be clipped by default, but will be clipped if they are larger than their size
- Load part of general.ini in skin directory, now skin have correct width & height (usefull for mediacar)
- Button GPS working
- If a label is not yet supported it shows its name instead of nothing, easier to detect
- Button OSK working
- Button Weather working
- In list selection will only be centered if you use DOWN,UP,PGDOWN,PGUP, no more on selection. much easier for double clic (like in rr i guess)
- clic on a simple file on the file list will add the whole hierarchy in the playlist and put this file to play first
- double clic on a file list now work for simple file
- Only valid Audio File & Video File are now in filelist
- Double clic on a playlist change the current song
- Fix a bug in the filelist sort (some folder were in the middle of the file)
- Load & Draw Icon for filelist
- Label KHZ, KBPS,TAGARTIST,TAGTITLE,TAGTRACKNUMBER,TAGYEAR,TAG ALBUM,TAGGENRE done (pfiuuu)
- Make Prev2 to react like Prev (for the instant, to avoid people using prev2 to be stuck)
- if video is in full screen during the 5 first second the name will be show, bottom right
- if video is in full screen, stopping updating background skin to avoid display artifact
Support of Indicator,Label Scrolling,More skin compatibility, Support IG in native, Support label export to flash, Speed up a lot skin loading.
Can you please make a download bundle that contains only the application and not the skin files. 17mb is a big file for us poor guys that still have pstn modem connections (since we are happy RR users we already have many skin files for RR)
Will it support IG3 native? Will you be extracting ID3 TAG info embedded in the MP3 files including ALBUM Art (APIC)?
keep it up... :)
good work so far. i noticed enicar takes up 66 mb of memory and 80% cpu usage when playing song. is this giong to be fixed?
Looks interesting. Just checked out iGuidance's webpage and looks like iG for Europe is being phased out. I don't know whether they're going to replace it with iG3 for Europe like with the North America version which is available in either iG2.0 or iG3.0 right now.
very nice work!... if we can (eventually) get an rr clone written in c with builtin music and video player and support all the features and skins that rr supports and would run a lot faster, that would be perfect!
I tried it out and the only thing I noticed bad about it so far was the general slowness (I'm guessing it would be fixed once you optimize the skin loading) and that it takes up 50+ mb of ram...
EDIT: oh, forgot to say, but I noticed you mentioned XBMC on xbox... it's good that you're taking ideas from that excellent piece of software! :)
EDIT2: one more thing, since I already mentioned XBMC, why not use winamp's in_mp3.dll like XBMC does for music playback (and leave mplayer for video)?
great idea making iG native. Im using RR and loving it, just wish iG was easier to set up with it.
Would RR plugins work with this? Im mainly concerned with a phone integration plugin, as PhoCo doesnt work with my phone.
Yes i will.
Originally Posted by tolisn
I'm thinking since the begining off making a database for media, and update it at each launch of EniCar. Will be alble to have all the tag, but i'm still searching the best method to do it.
Originally Posted by nosoup4me
For memory i don't have a solution yet. this was not my main concern. As it's the maximum as all skin & bitmap are in memory after the startup, memory will not grow up. For the 80% i didn't check yet. but it's not normal. Just checked. and without playing a song widows sometimes says 47% when in audio_browser. and 0% when playing my song lol. I have to add my cpu usage. I think windows is going mad by the way i'm using it. It's my first development under windows. I'm used to xbox & ps2 lol.
Originally Posted by volvo939
general slowness ? only on loading ? or in general ?
Originally Posted by tcghost
I'm surprised and chocked. :nutz:
for xbmc good idea. i will check that.
And for all thanks for the support.