Nothing. I would never use that and I think Audiophiles are freaks of nature.
Undecided. I am too lazy to make a decision.
Yes I want it but I want it for free because I am a free loading hippy.
Fiddy Dollars ($50)
1 hundo ($100)
1 Fiddy ($150)
Over $300 because I got money to burn.
Ok I wanted to see how many people want advanced audio tuning features.
1) Would make a Front End more "attractive" over one with out it and
2) How much would you pay for it?
Car audio processors performing the following tasks can cost anywhere from $100 to well over $1000 depending on what features you want.
The features I am taking about but are not limited too:
- Audio routing to particular jacks/channels
- Up to 4 way Crossovers/filtering 6/12/18/24/30/36 db octave (different filter types such as Butterworth, LW4, Chebychev etc or even one based on FIR filtering would be ideal)
- Speaker Timing Delays
- 1/3 ocatve 31 band EQ
- Phase correction 0/180 or even adjustable
Here is a thread we have been discussing:
Software options for Tuning
Here was a request about a frontend based on the foobar player which offers crossovers
If you don't know what some of these features mean do a little research. One Car audio unit that does this is the Alpine PXA-H701. But we have computers that can do so much more...Can you dig it?