Executing Programs on Startup / Shutdown
StreetDeck offers you the ability to run any shortcut / windows executable when Streetdeck starts up, resumes from hibernate / standby, or shutsdown.
To use this feature, simply place any shortcut or executable to be launched in the appropriate folder under Documents and Settings\<Current User>\My Documents\StreetDeck\Shortcuts\<Folder Name>
Where <Folder Name> describes when the shortcut should be started. Any file placed in one of the folders will be launched and StreetDeck will continue to execuate. <Folder name> can be any of the following values:
- Launch - Called when StreetDeck starts up
- Resume - Called when StreetDeck resumes from hibernation or standby
- Exit - Called when StreetDeck is closed
- Sleep - Called when StreetDeck is put into standby or hibernation mode
Additionally, in version 184.108.40.206 or later, shortcuts can be placed in the following folders and StreetDeck will wait for up to a minute per shortcut for it to execute and close. You can place .bat and .exe files directly in this directory. If you place a shortcut (.lnk), it MUST point to an executable file.
- LaunchWait - Called when StreetDeck starts up
- ResumeWait - Called when StreetDeck resumes from hibernation or standby
- ExitWait - Called when StreetDeck is closed
- SleepWait - Called when StreetDeck is put into standby or hibernation mode
i.e. I dragged and dropped a file called "IndexMedia.exe" into
C:\Documents and Settings\Chuck\My Documents\StreetDeck\Shortcuts\Launch and C:\Documents and Settings\Chuck\My Documents\StreetDeck\Shortcuts\Resume so it runs everytime StreetDeck is used again.
App placed in LaunchWait remains minimized
I placed an EXE file in the LaunchWait folder. SD launches and waits but the program remains minimized even though I'm commanding the app to go full screen, run and then close. When it closes, SD starts up. Will SD allow the program go full screen then close?