Skin Editor from a novice P.O.V.
I attempted to build my first skin -- well, actually fix many of the flaws in the default skin.
- What is with the big empty area in the editor with the "gears" background? Is something supposed to be in there otherwise it's just a huge waste of screen real-estate.
- Is there no 'undo' command? There seems to be the little icons for undo/redo in the tool bar but they're always ghosted out? And the Edit menu doesn't list them either. This is my number one frustration, as a novice.
- What's with the "T" button thing in the top of the screen of my skin? Where did that come from and why?! It's annoying. It just seems to be some new subsection, which is completely useless unless you actually are creating a new module or something. Otherwise you would just be editing or adding to existing modules. I can't seem to delete it either?
- How come when I switch in and out of Design Mode (CTRL+D) there is some white outline of the last thing that was selected?
- I ran the 184.108.40.206 .sdu update, and SD says that's the version, yet certain things that were fixed in this version on my G4 (such as the rating stars not staying highlighted, or the album picture in the bottom not staying highlighted) are NOT fixed in the dev environment.
- How come certain controls can't be modified? For example the album area in the lower left. I click there, there is a big white outline thing with a horizontal and vertical line and some pixel locations shown. The properties doesn't let me change any value?! "CMusicTray > Invisible" to be exact. (it's the part that obnoxiously glows that I want to set the width to encompass the whole text too, and also set PreventFocus = true.
- Why can't I edit module screens I don't actually have? Such as the Radio or Phone ones for example? This is silly. I have a radio in my G4 *IN MY CAR* not on my notebook computer where I'm doing all the skin editing! GRRR.