Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14

Thread: StreetDeck, Computer takes to long to load up Navigation and is choppy

  1. #1
    Variable Bitrate
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    289

    StreetDeck, Computer takes to long to load up Navigation and is choppy

    Hi guys! I just registered my copy of street Deck yesterday. I was messing around with it, downloaded the most up to date version, and I noticed that when i launch SD the Skin takes a little while to load once up on the screen, and the navigation, especially in Virtual earth is very slow. Is there a way to make it speed up or would a PCI video card help with this issue? NOTE: i do not have an AGP slot on my MB. thanks!!

  2. #2
    FLAC strohj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Pearland
    Posts
    1,345
    what are you computer specs?

    what is the refresh rate you are using in streetdeck ?

    and when you say virtual earth is slow.. do you mean that you can see if loading the blocks of the map? or does it take a long time to download the virtual earth surface maps while you are driving? etc..
    Pentium 4m 1.5GHz|MB896|Roadie Extreme|XM-Direct|Rikaline 6010|T-View 7"|Streetdeck|160gb Western Digital|1Gb DDR2-533 Ram

  3. #3
    Variable Bitrate
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    289
    Quote Originally Posted by strohj View Post
    what are you computer specs?

    what is the refresh rate you are using in streetdeck ?

    and when you say virtual earth is slow.. do you mean that you can see if loading the blocks of the map? or does it take a long time to download the virtual earth surface maps while you are driving? etc..
    currently it is not in my car. Im not sue what the refresh rate is. do you mean the FPS? i think its set to the default 15fps.

    With Virtual earth i can see it loading all the blocks its just really really slow at loading them, even when its not in virtual earth mode.

    my setup consists of the following

    MB: VIA EPIA M10000G
    HD: 80GB samsung laptop HD
    Memory: 1GB
    Video: integrated on MB

  4. #4
    FLAC strohj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Pearland
    Posts
    1,345
    yeah.. the refresh rate is the FPS setting.. it stands for Frames Per Second

    your mobo/processor is kind of on the weak side I think to get great performance out of streetdeck...

    I upgraded from a M12k board to my current setup because I read about how much more graphics intensive streetdeck is.. and I wanted a faster/better onboard video or it anyways..
    Pentium 4m 1.5GHz|MB896|Roadie Extreme|XM-Direct|Rikaline 6010|T-View 7"|Streetdeck|160gb Western Digital|1Gb DDR2-533 Ram

  5. #5
    Variable Bitrate
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    289
    Quote Originally Posted by strohj View Post
    yeah.. the refresh rate is the FPS setting.. it stands for Frames Per Second

    your mobo/processor is kind of on the weak side I think to get great performance out of streetdeck...

    I upgraded from a M12k board to my current setup because I read about how much more graphics intensive streetdeck is.. and I wanted a faster/better onboard video or it anyways..
    i may do the same thing, i got this MB for free so i though i would try it, now i need to get one with the same chip set so i don't have to re format my HD right? recommendations?

  6. #6
    FLAC strohj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Pearland
    Posts
    1,345
    you dont have to get the same chipset.. as a matter of fact I highly reccommend you upgrade to something newer than what you have...

    absolute worst case scenario is that you have to change the boot.ini file in windows so it can find your windows to boot up.. and you might have to re-activate windows... (I really doubt you will have to do all this though)

    and you will have to install a few new drivers.. for the new video card for instance..
    Pentium 4m 1.5GHz|MB896|Roadie Extreme|XM-Direct|Rikaline 6010|T-View 7"|Streetdeck|160gb Western Digital|1Gb DDR2-533 Ram

  7. #7
    Variable Bitrate
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    289
    Quote Originally Posted by strohj View Post
    you dont have to get the same chipset.. as a matter of fact I highly reccommend you upgrade to something newer than what you have...

    absolute worst case scenario is that you have to change the boot.ini file in windows so it can find your windows to boot up.. and you might have to re-activate windows... (I really doubt you will have to do all this though)

    and you will have to install a few new drivers.. for the new video card for instance..
    is the Pentium M good enough to run streetdeck? and do you think i should get a separate video card so it runs the graphics better? thanks!!

  8. #8
    Variable Bitrate
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    289
    or should i buy dual core?? or is that over kill? i wont be running multiple monitors or running video to the rear or anything.

  9. #9
    Variable Bitrate
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    289
    bump

  10. #10
    Maximum Bitrate S4Per's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    782
    you can see in my specs what i have: duo-core with onboard graphics card. i'm very, very happy with the performance all the way around so if your budget permits, I can only recommend it. I always take the approach (for better or for worse) of buying more than I need today so I don't need to upgrade too soon in the future.

    My 2 cents.

    -Per

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. BMW pre-installed system - TFT ?
    By tsingsu in forum LCD/Display
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 08-05-2002, 02:16 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •