Page 102 of 109 FirstFirst ... 2529293949596979899100101102103104105106107108109 LastLast
Results 1,011 to 1,020 of 1081

Thread: this is ridiculous

  1. #1011
    Variable Bitrate
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    302
    Quote Originally Posted by danielkh View Post
    I think the "black market" would be a bit more secretive. I believe the thinking is that if Europeans will not have SD2, then maybe they would be able to use the phone since it is a discontinued product anyway.

    Personally, I doubt either mp3car or streetdeck would have a problem with it as long as they didn't have to support it.

    Well someone is holding out, becuase if it works why wouldn't it be sold as a hardware item from mp3car and supported from SD.

    Bad blood was spilled somewhere.

  2. #1012
    Variable Bitrate
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    302
    Quote Originally Posted by danielkh View Post
    The original SD bluetooth didn't require a license as it worked directly with SD (not third party like bluesoleil). The next generation, it looks like, is going to open up the ability to use different bluetooth dongles and that would require a 3rd party license.

    and I agree with your sentiment. Looks like what mp3car was working on was "locking" sd down to products only THEY own. By reading through Chucks posts, it seems this might have been the core of the issue between them as Chuck wants to "open it up".


    makes alot of sense. I posted the last one before you finished.

  3. #1013
    Low Bitrate oddvarr's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    88
    Quote Originally Posted by danielkh View Post
    I think the "black market" would be a bit more secretive. I believe the thinking is that if Europeans will not have SD2, then maybe they would be able to use the phone since it is a discontinued product anyway.

    Personally, I doubt either mp3car or streetdeck would have a problem with it as long as they didn't have to support it.
    This could turn out as a substitute for us since we cannot use V2 with nav.
    Only thing is that no more V1 will be sold.

    Here Im guessing heavilly. Dont know how many copys of V1 is sold. Lets just pick a number. Of those how many are sold to European customers? Beats me. But I figure the vast majority where sold to NA and Canadian users.
    I dont think there will be a big market for second hand BT-dongles.
    If there ever was one.

    If there was a BT-dongle, then I would want one. Ah uhm, could be I allready have one. Oops have to run.........
    If I dont remember it. It never happened

  4. #1014
    SD beats everything. So there. danielkh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Beaverton, Oregon
    Posts
    1,538
    Quote Originally Posted by Autockr989 View Post
    Well someone is holding out, becuase if it works why wouldn't it be sold as a hardware item from mp3car and supported from SD.

    Bad blood was spilled somewhere.
    The problem there is mp3car no longer owns the rights to SD and if Chuck is going in another direction, I am sure he would not want them sold as SOMEONE would sell them and not tell anyone they aren't supported.
    My opinion is my own.

  5. #1015
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by danielkh View Post
    The problem there is mp3car no longer owns the rights to SD and if Chuck is going in another direction, I am sure he would not want them sold as SOMEONE would sell them and not tell anyone they aren't supported.
    i have to agree with you

  6. #1016
    SD beats everything. So there. danielkh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Beaverton, Oregon
    Posts
    1,538
    Quote Originally Posted by oddvarr View Post
    This could turn out as a substitute for us since we cannot use V2 with nav.
    Only thing is that no more V1 will be sold.

    Here Im guessing heavilly. Dont know how many copys of V1 is sold. Lets just pick a number. Of those how many are sold to European customers? Beats me. But I figure the vast majority where sold to NA and Canadian users.
    I dont think there will be a big market for second hand BT-dongles.
    If there ever was one.

    If there was a BT-dongle, then I would want one. Ah uhm, could be I allready have one. Oops have to run.........
    Not sure if I read it wrong, but in on e of Chucks posts, he mentioned revenue stream from V1. That tells me that once streetdeck.com goes online and support begins (looks like Chuck couldn't support us 100% now if he wanted to as he can't get into the testers forum), SD1 should go back on sale. Chuck, can you verify that for us? You don't need to comment on the BT discussion.
    My opinion is my own.

  7. #1017
    FLAC is for flaccid parksgm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Dallas, Texas
    Posts
    1,119
    Remember that those users who have a BT dongle from mp3car signed an NDA agreement, which is probaby still binding, even given what has happened with SD. So, I imagine that unless mp3car decideds to release testers from the NDA, there won't be a bunch of "black market" BT dongles.

    However, one could argue that since SDv1 will be discontinued, and Chuck has stated that the mp3car BT dongle will not work with SDv2, the BT dongle is an obsolete product. As such, I don't know if the NDA as it is written would still apply.

    It'd be nice to have official comment from the mp3car side, as there seems to be a burgeoning market for European users who would like BT support with SDv1. I can't see how allowing users out of the NDA so that they could sell a now obsolete product to people with discontinuted software could hurt their interests, but I don't know what licensing agreements mp3car has signed with their BT vendors...

  8. #1018
    SD beats everything. So there. danielkh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Beaverton, Oregon
    Posts
    1,538
    Wow....I just checked the store and they are still selling EU version of StreetDeck. NA/CA version shows "out of stock". Interesting.....

    So I guess V1 continues in Europe.

    Chuck: Never mind on the digital mod request. I found them on my original carputer harddrive. Now to put them in a safe place.
    My opinion is my own.

  9. #1019
    Variable Bitrate
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    302
    Quote Originally Posted by danielkh View Post
    Not sure if I read it wrong, but in on e of Chucks posts, he mentioned revenue stream from V1. That tells me that once streetdeck.com goes online and support begins (looks like Chuck couldn't support us 100% now if he wanted to as he can't get into the testers forum), SD1 should go back on sale. Chuck, can you verify that for us? You don't need to comment on the BT discussion.
    I doubt it. In the announcement, Jak off mp3car is going to continue to be a Non-Value added reseller of SD and have not removed that or the SD hardware for sale on the website. Marked it as out of stock but still there. Its so clear now that Centrafuse began being sold by MP3car. This whole decision to split up was made way back. Support stopped and MOFO Fiberoptic made a "I wanna reassure that continued development of SD is going on" Yea right! Basically SD took a back step becuase Chuck has been dealing with legal issues and new contracts and licensing issues for the past months. I blame all this confusion and hostility on MP3Car and their management. (Yea Rob thats You) They are a bunch of liars and base their business on deception to end users and never again customers. I can even recall back when Centrafuse was just added to the store. (not to shoot the messanger Jan) But us SD customers were to be assured that adding a competing piece of software was good for business because it stimulated diverse competition and gave a bigger variety to the hobbiest. Well looking back its obvious that was early signs of the split up. Rob jumped on grabbing another product becuase his vested interest in SD was soon to be non-existent. He continued to sell the product becuase he figured grab every dollar possible until things are final and I no longer have a say in the product. That leads us to why the support vanished. Because while Chuck was out dealing with the legal issues, Rob told his employees until this whole thing is over cut the ambilical cord to the SD community. " I don't wanna spend any more money on this thing especially labor costs to supply support. Lead them on that all is well, but don't say no more.


    Legal issues become final, Chuck comes back and says don't worry, we took a backstep but are pushing on. No worries from me man, I believe in your product and your vision. I hope the best of luck with scooping up every single reseller you can to push this thing out to as many people as possible.


    As far as I'm concerned Mp3car can go f themselves for their lack of good business.


    I'm with ya.

  10. #1020
    SD beats everything. So there. danielkh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Beaverton, Oregon
    Posts
    1,538
    Quote Originally Posted by Autockr989 View Post
    I doubt it. In the announcement, Jak off mp3car is going to continue to be a ....

    Ah, come on....it's not healthy to hold back. Tell us how you REALLY feel!

    My opinion is my own.

Similar Threads

  1. Another camera idea... (ridiculous idea?)
    By juve021 in forum Software & Software Development
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 06-17-2008, 08:01 AM
  2. This is ridiculous!
    By Yuriy in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 04-22-2008, 06:03 AM
  3. Replies: 9
    Last Post: 04-04-2008, 06:38 PM
  4. Ridiculous new input device?
    By martinfick in forum Input Devices
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-29-2007, 02:56 AM
  5. So freakin ridiculous
    By astralshadow in forum General MP3Car Discussion
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 01-11-2006, 01:43 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •