Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 65

Thread: Speeding Up SD Load

  1. #1
    Maximum Bitrate Caelric's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Bellevue, NE
    Posts
    834

    Speeding Up SD Load

    I know, I know, it's hard to believe that I am still sticking with SD, what with the lack of support and all. but, I figured I would try and get some support from the other users.


    So, here's the problem:

    My computer boots pretty quickly, but SD loads relatively slowly. This only happens, though, when I was last using the music player function of SD, so it has to reinitialize the music player (WMP11) and then load my music. Given that I have ~35 gB of music, this slows down SD. I also am mostly only playing one playlist, which has a large number of songs on it.

    However, if I was listening to SAT radio last, then SD loads more quickly.

    Also, I have noticed that ever since I installed the SAT radio, and am using the "-routexmaudio" switch, it did slow down the SD load time, whether I was using the music player, or the SAT radio player last.

    I've already disabled the "reindex music on start" checkbox (or whatever that is). Anyone have any more ideas for speeding up the SD load, or should I just deal with it, or maybe reduce the amount of music I have on my carPC?

    I do have a pretty fast HD, 7200 rpm 100 gB laptop HD, and my processor is a 2.15 Core Duo, with 1 gB of memory, so I have a pretty fast carPC.

    Any suggestions?
    2005 Infiniti G35 6MT Coupe Black/Black
    Core Duo CarPC
    CarDomain page

  2. #2
    Low Bitrate
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Slovenia
    Posts
    73
    it takes long to load all the music in the player for me too. I now use more playlists, and have at most 300 or so songs in queue. SD loads fairly fast now.
    Audi A6

    Streetdeck
    CPU Prescott 3.2Ghz
    GPU NV 8400GS
    RAM 2 Gb
    HDD SATAII 300Gb
    SC Creative X-Fi

  3. #3
    Maximum Bitrate Caelric's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Bellevue, NE
    Posts
    834
    Oh, I figured thats what it was, but I was hoping there was some way to speed it up, without changing the playlist size.
    2005 Infiniti G35 6MT Coupe Black/Black
    Core Duo CarPC
    CarDomain page

  4. #4
    Low Bitrate
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Slovenia
    Posts
    73
    Not that i would know of... It would be great dough.
    Audi A6

    Streetdeck
    CPU Prescott 3.2Ghz
    GPU NV 8400GS
    RAM 2 Gb
    HDD SATAII 300Gb
    SC Creative X-Fi

  5. #5
    Maximum Bitrate
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    496
    I have over 1200 (all in my queue... I just use Play All), and SD doesn't take that long to load even when I was last in the Music module. If I'm resuming from Standby/Hibernate, it is very quick.

  6. #6
    SD beats everything. So there. danielkh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Beaverton, Oregon
    Posts
    1,538
    Caelric,
    I am pretty sure you are following the streetdeck status thread, but did you catch the post by Kalt mentioning the SD 20 second load time? I'm wondering if that might be your issue here. The way it looks to me is SD should load in 2-4 seconds, then index your music afterward. Even if you were in music before, it shouldn't effect indexing. Just a thought! Here is what Kalt said. The post was deleted but I found a reply with the text in it.....

    Kalt: The loading problem is caused by T3devControl.dll. If you open it with notepad and delete its contents the loading problem should be fixed.
    My opinion is my own.

  7. #7
    FLAC is for flaccid parksgm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Dallas, Texas
    Posts
    1,119
    Quote Originally Posted by danielkh View Post
    Caelric,
    I am pretty sure you are following the streetdeck status thread, but did you catch the post by Kalt mentioning the SD 20 second load time? I'm wondering if that might be your issue here. The way it looks to me is SD should load in 2-4 seconds, then index your music afterward. Even if you were in music before, it shouldn't effect indexing. Just a thought! Here is what Kalt said. The post was deleted but I found a reply with the text in it.....

    Kalt: The loading problem is caused by T3devControl.dll. If you open it with notepad and delete its contents the loading problem should be fixed.
    For some reason, I can't save the file with notepad once I delete the contents...is there some trick to saving it? Or can I just create an empty text file, name it the same, and then drag it into the folder to replace the original?

    Also, is this 2-3 second load real? I've never gotten such a quick load - in my experience, SD will load fairly quickly if the -nodelayload switch is off, but it still takes 30 seconds or so for the program to become fully functional with all graphics, etc. loaded.

  8. #8
    Maximum Bitrate Caelric's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Bellevue, NE
    Posts
    834
    Yes, I tried it, it does speed up the load.

    As for saving the file, if you have SD loaded, it leaves a tray app (SD Launcher Tray or something like that.) That tray app uses the DLL, so while it is in use, it can be changed/saved/deleted. You have to close the tray app first.

    Anyway, like I said, it does speed up the load somewhat, but I decided to splurge on my carPC and treat it to a new drive, a 120 gB SATA II Solid State Drive Hopefully that should speed things up even more...
    2005 Infiniti G35 6MT Coupe Black/Black
    Core Duo CarPC
    CarDomain page

  9. #9
    SD beats everything. So there. danielkh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Beaverton, Oregon
    Posts
    1,538
    Quote Originally Posted by parksgm View Post
    For some reason, I can't save the file with notepad once I delete the contents...is there some trick to saving it? Or can I just create an empty text file, name it the same, and then drag it into the folder to replace the original?

    Also, is this 2-3 second load real? I've never gotten such a quick load - in my experience, SD will load fairly quickly if the -nodelayload switch is off, but it still takes 30 seconds or so for the program to become fully functional with all graphics, etc. loaded.
    5 seconds is slow to average on a J7F5 motherboard (C7/128mb video/1gb ram) and 120gb seagate 5400 rpm drive. Load Streetdeck in Debug mode. If it stalls trying to load infill stuff, then you have a problem. I didn't use Kalt's fix. I found that if you load mappoint full before loading streetdeck, you avoid the issue.

    3 seconds is average on the new system (see specs). That is to full functionality.
    My opinion is my own.

  10. #10
    FLAC is for flaccid parksgm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Dallas, Texas
    Posts
    1,119
    Quote Originally Posted by Caelric View Post
    Yes, I tried it, it does speed up the load.

    As for saving the file, if you have SD loaded, it leaves a tray app (SD Launcher Tray or something like that.) That tray app uses the DLL, so while it is in use, it can be changed/saved/deleted. You have to close the tray app first.
    Thanks for the info...will do that shortly.

    Anyway, like I said, it does speed up the load somewhat, but I decided to splurge on my carPC and treat it to a new drive, a 120 gB SATA II Solid State Drive Hopefully that should speed things up even more...
    Geez...$650? That is a splurge! Should work well for you though...good luck.

Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Will there ever be SD for Australia???
    By jdmagoo1 in forum StreetDeck
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 10-04-2007, 05:42 AM
  2. Indexing in SD does it work for anyone???
    By meth68 in forum StreetDeck
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-29-2007, 11:42 PM
  3. Full list os Sd load parameters
    By geeky_hawkes in forum StreetDeck
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 05-02-2007, 06:29 PM
  4. FS: M10000, Morex 3688, 40GB 2.5", SLOT Load dvd/cdrw, 512mb ram
    By JuMpMaN6235 in forum Classified Archive
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 07-13-2006, 11:53 AM
  5. OPUS point of load
    By lostreception in forum Power Supplies
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-15-2005, 11:46 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •