Page 13 of 23 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213141516171819202122 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 130 of 223

Thread: One Voice Streetdeck Plugin Update

  1. #121
    SD beats everything. So there. danielkh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Beaverton, Oregon
    Posts
    1,538
    Meth, you are seriously overthinking this. Most of what you want is built into your soundcard and not the mic. Yeah, people push this mic or that mic, but when it comes right down to it, it is just software (noise cancellation).

    So go down to radio shack, grab the absolute cheapest mic you can find and just play with it. If it doesn't work, then find out WHY it doesn't work, then make one leap to one expensive mic knowing what it is you need.

    For now, just get the cheapest and enjoy!

    Edit: Even that andrea mic relies on software to make it work right. As a mic, it works no differently that a $10 Radioshack mic.
    My opinion is my own.

  2. #122
    Variable Bitrate
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    302
    daniel thanks for the input I will give it a shot this weekend. Because of the location of my carpc I had to go with a mini itx via motherboard so I am using onboard sound, hopefully it works well :X

    Btw noticed you have a z, g35 coupe here...we are almost brothers

  3. #123
    SD beats everything. So there. danielkh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Beaverton, Oregon
    Posts
    1,538
    Quote Originally Posted by meth68 View Post
    daniel thanks for the input I will give it a shot this weekend. Because of the location of my carpc I had to go with a mini itx via motherboard so I am using onboard sound, hopefully it works well :X

    Btw noticed you have a z, g35 coupe here...we are almost brothers
    Onboard sound? Oh heck, you're golden then! What version sound? I'm running Realtek ALC883 and if you read one of my previous posts, I had rush hour traffic all around me, with the windows down, and not a bit of it went through. $2 mic would be perfect for you I bet.

    Learn from our mistakes (I spent the $100 on a mic dammit), and the radioshack craptastic mic works every bit as good. And why in the hell would you be driving that car around with the windows down????
    My opinion is my own.

  4. #124
    Variable Bitrate
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    302
    Quote Originally Posted by danielkh View Post
    Onboard sound? Oh heck, you're golden then! What version sound? I'm running Realtek ALC883 and if you read one of my previous posts, I had rush hour traffic all around me, with the windows down, and not a bit of it went through. $2 mic would be perfect for you I bet.

    Learn from our mistakes (I spent the $100 on a mic dammit), and the radioshack craptastic mic works every bit as good. And why in the hell would you be driving that car around with the windows down????
    Thats easy to hear the sweetest exhaust note ever created.....you wouldn't understand though Sorry had to lol.

    My motherboard is the VIA EPIA SP13000G, according to their site it has
    Onboard Audio VIA VT1617A 6channel AC'97 codec

    Good? Bad? Or is it a we shall see thing lol.

  5. #125
    SD beats everything. So there. danielkh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Beaverton, Oregon
    Posts
    1,538
    The Z is the harda$$ version. You don't have to roll down the windows to hear it.

    On the sound, Checking something now for you.....standby.
    My opinion is my own.

  6. #126
    SD beats everything. So there. danielkh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Beaverton, Oregon
    Posts
    1,538
    Meth, do you use the Vinyl sound drivers? I used to use that on my first computer but I don't remember something. Could you go into it, select the mic, and see if you have built in noice cancellation? I'm pretty sure it did because it worked well with this craptastic mic (thats where the mic came from).
    My opinion is my own.

  7. #127
    Variable Bitrate
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    302
    Quote Originally Posted by danielkh View Post
    Meth, do you use the Vinyl sound drivers? I used to use that on my first computer but I don't remember something. Could you go into it, select the mic, and see if you have built in noice cancellation? I'm pretty sure it did because it worked well with this craptastic mic (thats where the mic came from).
    Yea I am using the vinyl sound drivers, not sure on noise cancellation I will check it in the am when I wake up because I am way to comfortable in my bed right now to check.

    As for the previous comment, my boy has a Z and well even he disagree's with you on the exhaust note. Don't hate...

  8. #128
    SD beats everything. So there. danielkh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Beaverton, Oregon
    Posts
    1,538
    Quote Originally Posted by meth68 View Post
    As for the previous comment, my boy has a Z and well even he disagree's with you on the exhaust note. Don't hate...
    OK, just for that, I'm going to start giving you wrong, EXPENSIVE, information.
    My opinion is my own.

  9. #129
    Variable Bitrate
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    302
    Lol ok ok I am kidding your Z sounds better....

    I will post back tomorrow with my findings and if I get motivated enough maybe even pick up a mic.

    My other question is does, this app care what version of SD your running? with the lack of support I got nervous on updating my SD so I am 1 or 2 updates behind right now because it has been stable for me.

  10. #130
    SD beats everything. So there. danielkh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Beaverton, Oregon
    Posts
    1,538
    I think it requires 1.1.0.6 or better (current is 1.1.1.6). It should be listed somewhere in this thread. Why not upgrade? If you have problem with crashes after the upgrade, I can help you with that. I still support SD, I just don't get paid for it. lol

    If you're running 1.0.9.8 because it's more stable, I agree with you, but still, I can help you get upgraded.
    My opinion is my own.

Similar Threads

  1. Custom Indicator Bug
    By JohnWPB in forum RR Bug Tracker
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-27-2008, 05:10 PM
  2. Centrafuse 1.14 Bugs
    By veetid in forum CF Bug Reports
    Replies: 50
    Last Post: 10-01-2007, 10:34 AM
  3. Replies: 15
    Last Post: 08-21-2007, 03:46 PM
  4. How do I use the Base plugin sources ?
    By guino in forum RR FAQ
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-24-2006, 03:43 PM
  5. StreetDeck in Blogs
    By Fiberoptic in forum StreetDeck
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-16-2006, 09:57 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •