Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 223

Thread: One Voice Streetdeck Plugin Update

  1. #31
    SD beats everything. So there. danielkh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Beaverton, Oregon
    Posts
    1,538
    Ok, here's the deal. Because of requirements (MSHTML, .net 3.0, etc.), s2p needs to be installed, BUT if you install it first, you can't install the SD, so here is how I did it...

    Install the SD beta, then install s2p. Run s2p in order to set up the mic and stuff, then run Streetdeck. Works great......HOWEVER..... and here is the downside. You can run either one voice OR sd voice. In other words, you no longer have all your other commands like "Navigation", "Music", etc. You only have music commands, song, artist, and so on.

    It is neat as hell though!

    "Play song xxxx" loads the song only.
    Play (artist name) loads all songs by that artist. Really cool! Hope they can find a way to merge with the other voice commands.
    My opinion is my own.

  2. #32
    Variable Bitrate
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    302
    Quote Originally Posted by danielkh View Post
    Ok, here's the deal. Because of requirements (MSHTML, .net 3.0, etc.), s2p needs to be installed, BUT if you install it first, you can't install the SD, so here is how I did it...

    Install the SD beta, then install s2p. Run s2p in order to set up the mic and stuff, then run Streetdeck. Works great......HOWEVER..... and here is the downside. You can run either one voice OR sd voice. In other words, you no longer have all your other commands like "Navigation", "Music", etc. You only have music commands, song, artist, and so on.

    It is neat as hell though!

    "Play song xxxx" loads the song only.
    Play (artist name) loads all songs by that artist. Really cool! Hope they can find a way to merge with the other voice commands.

    But you have to send the command to the screen every time like in the video? Can you program the powermate to send command Like "press and Hold" will activate onevoice?


    also what if I update my computer with .net 3.0?

  3. #33
    SD beats everything. So there. danielkh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Beaverton, Oregon
    Posts
    1,538
    Looks like you might be able to make your own commands. Just saw under digimods, there is a one voice section, but I am eating, so can't play with it right now.
    My opinion is my own.

  4. #34
    SD beats everything. So there. danielkh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Beaverton, Oregon
    Posts
    1,538
    Quote Originally Posted by Autockr989 View Post
    But you have to send the command to the screen every time like in the video? Can you program the powermate to send command Like "press and Hold" will activate onevoice?


    also what if I update my computer with .net 3.0?
    Under this beta, it appears s2p needs to be running. On the powermate thing, yes. I had mine set up that when when I used to use a powermate. The voice commands with one voice are transparent, you don't see anything differently than you did before.
    My opinion is my own.

  5. #35
    Variable Bitrate
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    302
    Quote Originally Posted by danielkh View Post
    Under this beta, it appears s2p needs to be running. On the powermate thing, yes. I had mine set up that when when I used to use a powermate. The voice commands with one voice are transparent, you don't see anything differently than you did before.

    whats the link to the digimod onevoice section?

  6. #36
    SD beats everything. So there. danielkh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Beaverton, Oregon
    Posts
    1,538
    Quote Originally Posted by Autockr989 View Post
    whats the link to the digimod onevoice section?
    I'm sorry.....if you go into streetdeck digimod section (In streetdeck), there is a oncevoice section (I think). Right now I am working with development environment, so not 100% sure.
    My opinion is my own.

  7. #37
    SD beats everything. So there. danielkh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Beaverton, Oregon
    Posts
    1,538
    Ok, change 9......

    The digimod is there, but unusable at this time. Looks like it will be programable later. S2P doesn't have to be running, so you might get away with just loading .net 3, however, there are some mic setup stuff at the beginning of s2p you might want to run.
    My opinion is my own.

  8. #38
    Variable Bitrate
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    302
    Quote Originally Posted by danielkh View Post
    Ok, change 9......

    The digimod is there, but unusable at this time. Looks like it will be programable later. S2P doesn't have to be running, so you might get away with just loading .net 3, however, there are some mic setup stuff at the beginning of s2p you might want to run.
    I'm pretty sure .net 3 is a free update. Is that correct?

  9. #39
    SD beats everything. So there. danielkh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Beaverton, Oregon
    Posts
    1,538
    Quote Originally Posted by Autockr989 View Post
    I'm pretty sure .net 3 is a free update. Is that correct?
    Yes, the reason I suggest loading S2P is because it loads all your needed updates automatically.
    My opinion is my own.

  10. #40
    Maximum Bitrate S4Per's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    782
    where is the SD beta dowload? All I see on the onevoice site is the dowload for its beta (mvsdbeta.exe, 56MB).

    My mic: a cheap, $15 directional mic (not even sure of the manufacturer) that I mounted in the onStar location (i.e. right by sunroof controls).

    voice commands with windows down? not sure...doub it.

    I used the Andrea USB mic prior, and it worked great for straight voice recognition, but the reason i wanted it was for the bluetooth phone. In order to get echo cancellation to work with it, you needed to use its audio out, which is far from high fidelity..so i went back to the cheap mic. The Andrea is definitely a better mic.

Similar Threads

  1. Custom Indicator Bug
    By JohnWPB in forum RR Bug Tracker
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-27-2008, 06:10 PM
  2. Centrafuse 1.14 Bugs
    By veetid in forum CF Bug Reports
    Replies: 50
    Last Post: 10-01-2007, 11:34 AM
  3. Replies: 15
    Last Post: 08-21-2007, 04:46 PM
  4. How do I use the Base plugin sources ?
    By guino in forum RR FAQ
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-24-2006, 04:43 PM
  5. StreetDeck in Blogs
    By Fiberoptic in forum StreetDeck
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-16-2006, 10:57 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •