I don't think I'll actually install this until their commands are supported WITH the native SD commands. I use those too much to be able to live without them at this point.
My 2 cents...
..and that's a good call to help on the beta.
I'm going to write their support and ask some questions re: when what will be supported, RTM timelines, etc. I'll post back if I find anything out.
FYI - got a response from Onev, and someone from their staff should be answering questions here shortly, posting user guide, etc.
FWIW, needing to install S2P in addition to MV4SD in order to get MV4SD to work, is not by design, and they're looking at the issue.
This is Justin from One Voice Technologies. Hope everyone had a great 4th of July weekend. We are glad to see everyone getting involved in the beta process and wanted to keep you updated with what is going on here.
1) We are looking into the installation issue. There should be absolutely no need to install Say2Play in order to get MV4SD to accept voice commands. The requirements are version 126.96.36.199 of SD or higher, and .NET 2.0. There is a possiblity that this is merely a microphone issue, being that it might not be set up properly, and since Audio Wizard runs automatically with Say2Play, you may be forcing MV4SD to work. We are still looking into this and will post again when we have more.
2) The user guide can be seen by visiting the following link. Here you will find a list of commands, as well as the Audio Wizard tutorial which should get StreetDeck accepting your voice commands.
If you have any questions, feel free to contact us at email@example.com. A few of us here will be monitoring the forum frequently and will assist with all that we can. If you need assistance right away, feel free to e-mail me directly at the e-mail listed below. I thank you for your time and effort, and happy testing.
One Voice Technologies
Here is information on a head to head test of the Andrea Superbeam Array microphone....
$34.95 from Andreaelectronics....
but if you want USB, they sell it here in the store for $59.95, and comes with the stereo USB adapter if you want to go with USB. Doubt my built in noise stuff would work through USB. Giving these guys credit, though, andrea sells the same setup for the same price.
And the competitor is.....
The RadioShack "I'm too crappy to even make the website, but I look like this" Mic..
Mine is white. $12.99, no USB setup, but you could use that Andrea thingy with it I'm sure. both use the same plug.
Conditions: 350Z, windows up but with lots of road noise. Both are using the computers built in noise/echo cancellation and both go through the microsoft voice setup at road speeds (This papaya tastes perfect, dammit).
The return sound (That papaya tastes perfect) is good and clear from both mics with no evidence of noise or echo.
If I had to pick a winner, the RadioShack would win hands down on price, clarity, and accuracy.
Now for One Voice report card. Keep in mind I haven't seen a manual, so I have no idea if I have it right.
Andrea Mic: About 20% accuracy at speed
RadioShack mic: About 45% Accuracy at speed
For Sale: Andrea Superbeam Array Microphone with USBD-2A usb device. Retails for $89.95, I'll sacrifice it for $65.00, free shipping to anywhere in the USA. Gawd, why did I listen to those people. Unfortunately, I can't legally quote the exact thread, but S4Per should remember it.
Please note severe sarcasm in this "FS ad" and it should not be confused with any REAL ad.
My opinion is my own.
Going to read the manual so I can speak from an "educated" view. Thanks for the info!
Ok, I see the problem. After installation, there is no tray icon or audio tuneup installed (done on 2 separate computers. Anyone else?). That's why I was installing S2P to use it's tuneup. But even that only came up once. The tray icon for S2P doesn't offer anything. WOW, we are supposed to have all those commands?
1. SD was a 3 second startup, now seems a little slower at times.
2. After startup, the internal voice commands work first, and then the OneVoice takes over.
3. Not sure what the "plan" is, but the digital mod under setup doesn't offer anything. I'm guessing it's "locked" until the final release, but just so you know.
3b. We are going to be able to set our own commands at some time, correct? I use "minimize", "toggle full screen" A LOT (troubleshooting).
My opinion is my own.
At your request danielkh, thread cleaned.
Never let the truth get in the way of a good story