Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 55

Thread: StreetDeck Version 2.0 - First Look

  1. #21
    SD beats everything. So there. danielkh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Beaverton, Oregon
    Posts
    1,538
    Nah, too busy to deal with it this time.

    Here is the SDV2 version of StreetWings.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    My opinion is my own.

  2. #22
    Maximum Bitrate pcpete's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Toronto Canada
    Posts
    474
    That looks very professional, good job...

  3. #23
    SD beats everything. So there. danielkh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Beaverton, Oregon
    Posts
    1,538
    Quote Originally Posted by pcpete View Post
    That looks very professional, good job...
    Thanks!
    My opinion is my own.

  4. #24
    SD beats everything. So there. danielkh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Beaverton, Oregon
    Posts
    1,538
    From the StreetDeck.com blog (http://www.streetdeck.com/)

    StreetDeck 2 Release Schedule
    1/6/2009 12:19:21 AM
    We are still working hard on getting the new version ready, but it hasn't passed our QA process yet. We are going to make the latest BETA version available this week (hopefully today) to those who purchased the StreetDeck 1/2 combo as an optional download. We are still working on the upgrade system for the website so unfortunatly it will probably be another week until existing SD v1 owners can upgrade, but as soon as the website is ready upgraders will be able to download SD 2 too. The SD 2 trial version will be posted when the final version become available.

    StreetDeck Team
    My opinion is my own.

  5. #25
    FLAC Nola111's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    New Orleans, LA
    Posts
    1,197
    Daniel,

    I have one question about 2.0 which you can probably answer but might have to ask Chuck:

    Is the music module still just a front-end to Windows Media Player, or will it be it's own player?

    Thanks.

  6. #26
    Constant Bitrate
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    169
    Ok we already know about the past sd support problems, but I believe we all know by now why that was so I wont even get into it. But lets do have a conversation comparing sd and cf hijack, but lets keep it civil. I have tried both sd and cf I prefer sd one because of the look feel and the startup it seems like the cf startup has gotten worse since cf 2. but there are some things I like in cf over sd I would like it if sd would allow us to use 3rd party gps software such as gmpc, but also the gestures in cf are a joke thats 1 of the big reasons I went with sd and will stay with sd over cf, and lets not talk about price both frontends used bad gps software but sd seen there mistake and is making an attempt to solve it by writing there own gps software cf should follow sd and get rid of that horrible destinator its a joke. so thats my 2 cents.

    oh and by the way great work on the new skin danielkh it looks great keep the skins coming out oh and see if you can put a lil word in the deveepers ears about that gps thing thanx.

  7. #27
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    43
    Quote Originally Posted by Nola111 View Post
    Daniel,

    I have one question about 2.0 which you can probably answer but might have to ask Chuck:

    Is the music module still just a front-end to Windows Media Player, or will it be it's own player?

    Thanks.
    The music module uses the windows media player sdk.

    Doc

  8. #28
    SD beats everything. So there. danielkh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Beaverton, Oregon
    Posts
    1,538
    Quote Originally Posted by BIGGKATT01 View Post
    Ok we already know about the past sd support problems, but I believe we all know by now why that was so I wont even get into it. But lets do have a conversation comparing sd and cf hijack, but lets keep it civil. I have tried both sd and cf I prefer sd one because of the look feel and the startup it seems like the cf startup has gotten worse since cf 2. but there are some things I like in cf over sd I would like it if sd would allow us to use 3rd party gps software such as gmpc, but also the gestures in cf are a joke thats 1 of the big reasons I went with sd and will stay with sd over cf, and lets not talk about price both frontends used bad gps software but sd seen there mistake and is making an attempt to solve it by writing there own gps software cf should follow sd and get rid of that horrible destinator its a joke. so thats my 2 cents.

    oh and by the way great work on the new skin danielkh it looks great keep the skins coming out oh and see if you can put a lil word in the deveepers ears about that gps thing thanx.
    All I can say (this is the 4th time I have attempted a response) is you will have a VERY difficult time beating this navigation solution. I will discuss this more after the release.

    Now, get a mod created to embed into SD1......THERE is something I wish could get done.
    My opinion is my own.

  9. #29
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    43
    Quote Originally Posted by BIGGKATT01 View Post
    but there are some things I like in cf over sd I would like it if sd would allow us to use 3rd party gps software such as gmpc, but also the gestures in cf are a joke thats 1 of the big reasons I went with sd and will stay with sd over cf, and lets not talk about price both frontends used bad gps software but sd seen there mistake and is making an attempt to solve it by writing there own gps software cf should follow sd and get rid of that horrible destinator its a joke. so thats my 2 cents.
    I think you'll find the new navigation software quite on par with Garmin Mobile in both function and form.

  10. #30
    SD beats everything. So there. danielkh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Beaverton, Oregon
    Posts
    1,538
    Quote Originally Posted by doclee View Post
    I think you'll find the new navigation software quite on par with Garmin Mobile in both function and form.
    I haven't used Garmin, but I would have no problem putting SDV2 against:

    1. Microsoft Mappoint
    2. Streets and Trips
    3. Destinator
    4. iGuidance
    5. DeLorme
    6. Magellan
    My opinion is my own.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Centrafuse 2.0 RC3
    By smeesseman in forum Centrafuse
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-21-2008, 09:29 PM
  2. Centrafuse 2.0 RC2
    By Ogold007 in forum Centrafuse
    Replies: 37
    Last Post: 05-21-2008, 02:59 PM
  3. RC4 Phoco issue / SE K800I
    By SOS in forum CF Bug Reports
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-15-2006, 02:34 PM
  4. [FRONTEND] MMC (Mobile Media Center) Dev Release
    By Bitoholic in forum Mobile Media Center
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 09-23-2006, 10:14 AM
  5. 1.6 Bugs (sorry)
    By GReeToZ in forum Centrafuse
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 03-06-2006, 10:08 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •