Although I may be the last person using StreetDeck, it works well for me and I want to continue using it.
While I was reviewing the StreetDeck exe for my previous problem (now deleted thread), I fixed a couple of other issues that were bugging me for a while.
1. When running StreetDeck with the "-testmode" flag, it displays a warning nag. This warning is now removed, while maintaining the testmode functionality.
2. It has been a few years since you could download satellite imagery to overlay on the map. The imagery source has been changed from DigitalGlobe/Globexplorer to VirtualEarth.
1. Go to C:\Program Files\StreetDeck
2. Rename "StreetDeck.exe" to "StreetDeck.orig"
3. Extract "StreetDeck_map-enabled_testmode-nag-disabled.zip"
4. Rename "StreetDeck_map-enabled_testmode-nag-disabled.exe" to "StreetDeck.exe"
The zip file only contains the StreetDeck.exe, it is not a full installer. Search kat.cr for "StreetDeck" to download the full installer, since StreetDeck is no longer available from the original website (http://streetdeck.com/Downloads.aspx)