1. It has been asked for before, but it will be a small project in itself to have the keyboard also support QWERTY. It may happen some day though.Originally Posted by marchello2000
2. The safety features are in there for safety and our liability, I can't offer advice on how to bypass them.
3. Although, I'll agree it certainly looks wierd, the text being upside down shouldn't really effect your ability to read it. If you don't believe me, just turn a book upside down and see how well you can read it. That being said, the upside down text, is more of a take what you can get kind of thing then a designed feature, I think there are certainly improvements that can be made to how the text is rendered, but I don't think any practical improvements will be had from simply rendering all the same text that is there now, right side up. The real challenge for navigation is getting the text to render in a context aware way showing the names of upcoming intersections and filtering out all the other streets that are not important given your current location. Finding an efficient way to do this has been given a lot of thought, but not something we have been able to implement well yet. Capturing the map is significantly more involved then a few bitblts, but feel free to PM me if you have any more ideas.
4. StreetDeck was designed to be started from hibernate / standby so in a typical in car installation, if your simply starting up, it would mean something untypical has happened that you might want to investigate. We also have to support laptops and other devices that come out of the car for people who might not be technically adept enough to know what an application has started up automatically completely taking away thier nice windows desktop. We do install a startup shortcut on our bundled systems, but for the software only download, we leave the responsibility on the user to put it in thier startup folder based on thier needs.
5. Are you running 18.104.22.168 with the -NoBackgroundMP3 option? There is a recent bug that may cause bad problems, if not.
6. Just install the streetdeck trial on your home computer and run the dev tools. They will not time out.