Thread: OS and Streetdeck reload on Infill T3

OS and Streetdeck reload on Infill T3

I'm the proud owner of a successfully installed Infill T3, but I have a problem. I need to reload the OS, Streetdeck and all the utilities - assume a formatted disk.

I received an XP home CD and a StreetDeck CD. The XP disk failed around 70% with a file read error, so I loaded a version of XP Professional SP2 that I have a license for. Then I installed StreetDeck via the StreetDeck DVD, but a lot is still missing - the touch-screen driver isn't installed, wireless, etc. I just need to put it back the way it came from the factory. Is there documentation for this, and is all of the software that I need really on one of the two disks that shipped with the Infill?

By the way, first impressions are very good. Clearly the product is early stage, but I really like what I see.

Thanks,

Terry

The drivers can be found on the StreetDeck DVD under Drivers\Infill
    StreetDeck.com Developer (I am Chuck)
    Get StreetDeck at http://www.streetdeck.com
    The Official StreetDeck Forums have moved, please visit us at http://www.streetdeck.com/forum for official support for Streetdeck.

Thanks Chuck, I thought I looked there but I missed them. I see them now. Is there any documentation on the order, if it matters, that I install them? What about the directories that don't have setup apps?

I've got the touch-screen working, and wireless but I'm still not back to where it was when Matthew shipped it. Also where do I find my StreetDeck registration codes to get it out of demo mode? This unit was shipped on 8/18/06 - just let me know if I should be calling support for this insted of posting here. Thanks for your help!

Terry

I just found the registration page, and I've submitted the request with my hardware and check codes. I'd still like to know though if there is a documented reinstall order. Thanks,

Terry

Quote Originally Posted by terrygold View Post
    I just found the registration page, and I've submitted the request with my hardware and check codes. I'd still like to know though if there is a documented reinstall order. Thanks,

Terry
    The drivers shouldnt really matter which are loaded in what order, the steps I would take to reinstall:

Format/wipe drive (kill first 10 sectors, etc etc)

Install Windows XP (whatever flavor you like)
    Install base drivers for nic, video, sound, touchscreen, etc..
    Patch the hell out of the system <-- Important

check for updated drivers
    Install DX
    Install WMP10
    Install Dependancies

Install SD and update SD

enjoy SD..

I've used this install method about 4 times on different hardware and it seems to work fine..

Thanks for the help! My registration codes just arrived. Is it true that those same codes will work for this hardware, even if I format the disk again, or do they have to be regenerated for each reformat?

The same codes will work.
    StreetDeck.com Developer (I am Chuck)
    Get StreetDeck at http://www.streetdeck.com
    The Official StreetDeck Forums have moved, please visit us at http://www.streetdeck.com/forum for official support for Streetdeck.