Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 36

Thread: StreetDeck and my M2-ATX ??

  1. #11
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    21
    it works as far as, yes it does hibernate and resume with sd. but by doing this method, i always loose my playlist for some reason.

  2. #12
    Constant Bitrate jsdr78's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    151
    Quote Originally Posted by ranpid View Post
    it works as far as, yes it does hibernate and resume with sd. but by doing this method, i always loose my playlist for some reason.
    make sure that your pc don't interupt street deck. give less time to hibernate

  3. #13
    Variable Bitrate polo6979's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    419
    Dont hold me against this but doesnt SD have "Standby" instead of hibernate?

    My setting is set to Standby and the time to display is set to 1 second.

    Still does the same kinda the same thing. Now here is the process.....

    1. running SD with car on...
    2. Turn key off and SD goes away
    3. Turn key on and SD does no come back on
    4. Turn key OFF and back ON again.... SD comes up fine like it should

    I have to do this everytime unless i wait long enough for the computer to turn completly off.

    Thanks for your help guys.
    2003 E46 BMW
    Lilliput Transflective, GM965 mobo w/ Processor
    ELMSCAN 5 USB, Slot load DVD, BU-353 GPS
    Everything is for sale.

  4. #14
    Constant Bitrate jsdr78's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    151
    Quote Originally Posted by polo6979 View Post
    Dont hold me against this but doesnt SD have "Standby" instead of hibernate?

    My setting is set to Standby and the time to display is set to 1 second.

    Still does the same kinda the same thing. Now here is the process.....

    1. running SD with car on...
    2. Turn key off and SD goes away
    3. Turn key on and SD does no come back on
    4. Turn key OFF and back ON again.... SD comes up fine like it should

    I have to do this everytime unless i wait long enough for the computer to turn completly off.

    Thanks for your help guys.
    if you want your computer set to "standby" instead of hibernate
    make sure that you have that setting set to "standby when i press the power button", in the power options in control panel. this should work

  5. #15
    Maximum Bitrate tn6478's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    791
    Streetdeck has a problem with being the default shell. If you take SD out as the default shell it should work. I had that problem with streetdeck also but after taking it out as the default shell it work flawlessly

  6. #16
    Variable Bitrate polo6979's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    419
    Quote Originally Posted by tn6478 View Post
    Streetdeck has a problem with being the default shell. If you take SD out as the default shell it should work. I had that problem with streetdeck also but after taking it out as the default shell it work flawlessly

    Well that sucks!!
    2003 E46 BMW
    Lilliput Transflective, GM965 mobo w/ Processor
    ELMSCAN 5 USB, Slot load DVD, BU-353 GPS
    Everything is for sale.

  7. #17
    Variable Bitrate polo6979's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    419
    Here is the outcome of my testing.....
    M2-ATX is set to "B" - 5 seconds and 2 hours.

    Settings 1-
    Default Shutdown Mode - Standby
    Show The Shutdown Options for - 5 Seconds
    Kill Shutdown Task After - Disable Shutdown Task
    Autosave Settings Every - Dont save
    Shutdown Immediatly when the powerbutton is pressed - NO CHECK

    Outcome -
    Turn Key Off - Fine (monitor turns off with key not computer so cant see whats happening)
    Turn Key On - Hibernating Screen shows for 5 second countdown --> goes blank for a second --> then program resumes --> TOUCHSCREEN DOES NOT WORK!


    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~

    Settings 2-
    Default Shutdown Mode - Standby
    Show The Shutdown Options for - 1 Seconds
    Kill Shutdown Task After - Disable Shutdown Task
    Autosave Settings Every - Dont save
    Shutdown Immediatly when the powerbutton is pressed - NO CHECK

    Outcome -
    Turn Key Off - Fine (monitor turns off with key not computer so cant see whats happening)
    Turn Key On - Hibernating Screen shows for 1 second countdown --> goes blank for a second --> then program resumes --> TOUCHSCREEN DOES NOT WORK!


    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~

    Settings 3-
    Default Shutdown Mode - Standby
    Show The Shutdown Options for - 1 Seconds
    Kill Shutdown Task After - Disable Shutdown Task
    Autosave Settings Every - Dont save
    Shutdown Immediatly when the powerbutton is pressed - CHECKED (YES)

    Outcome -
    Turn Key Off - Fine (monitor turns off with key not computer so cant see whats happening)
    Turn Key On - Hibernating Screen shows for 1 second countdown --> goes blank for a second --> then program resumes --> TOUCHSCREEN DOES NOT WORK!
    No difference from settings 2

    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~

    Settings 4-
    Default Shutdown Mode - SHUTDOWN
    Show The Shutdown Options for - 1 Seconds
    Kill Shutdown Task After - Disable Shutdown Task
    Autosave Settings Every - Dont save
    Shutdown Immediatly when the powerbutton is pressed - NO CHECK

    Outcome -
    Turn Key Off - Fine (monitor turns off with key not computer so cant see whats happening)
    Turn Key On - Hibernating Screen shows for 1 second countdown --> goes blank for a second --> then program resumes as normal--> TOUCHSCREEN WORKS!
    2003 E46 BMW
    Lilliput Transflective, GM965 mobo w/ Processor
    ELMSCAN 5 USB, Slot load DVD, BU-353 GPS
    Everything is for sale.

  8. #18
    Variable Bitrate polo6979's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    419
    my question is...

    Can the Shutdown options in SD just be disabled?
    2003 E46 BMW
    Lilliput Transflective, GM965 mobo w/ Processor
    ELMSCAN 5 USB, Slot load DVD, BU-353 GPS
    Everything is for sale.

  9. #19
    Constant Bitrate jsdr78's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    151
    Quote Originally Posted by polo6979 View Post
    my question is...

    Can the Shutdown options in SD just be disabled?
    can you try to send me a IM to jsdr78@hotmail.com
    MSN IM

  10. #20
    Variable Bitrate polo6979's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    419
    added you but dont see you...
    2003 E46 BMW
    Lilliput Transflective, GM965 mobo w/ Processor
    ELMSCAN 5 USB, Slot load DVD, BU-353 GPS
    Everything is for sale.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •