Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Deleting index mp3's

  1. #1
    Newbie Memorex's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    29

    Deleting index mp3's

    Okay I am having a problem deleting mp3's from streetdeck. I have tried the clear music index several times but the list is still there... even after these songs have been removed from harddrive.. i have tried changing my index folder I dont know what else to try

  2. #2
    Neither darque nor pervert DarquePervert's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Elsewhere
    Posts
    13,949
    There is a setting to delete the mp3 files in the music options.
    See the attatched screenshot.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Have you looked in the FAQ yet?
    How about the Wiki?



    Under normal circumstances, a signature would go here.

  3. #3
    Raw Wave god_of_cpu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    SilverSpring Maryland
    Posts
    2,960
    That option to delete will only delete the file if you press and hold the media item down in music or use the delete current playing media function. Media files will never be deleted when clearing the music index.

    Are you running 1.0.5.4? There is a bug in 1.0.5.3 and earlier where by only half of your media items are removed when you clear the music index. 1.0.5.4 fixes this. Also if you clear all music from your media collection in windows media player, it will no longer show up in StreetDeck.
    StreetDeck.com Developer (I am Chuck)
    Get StreetDeck at http://www.streetdeck.com
    The Official StreetDeck Forums have moved, please visit us at http://www.streetdeck.com/forum for official support for Streetdeck.

  4. #4
    Newbie Memorex's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    29
    Quote Originally Posted by god_of_cpu View Post
    That option to delete will only delete the file if you press and hold the media item down in music or use the delete current playing media function. Media files will never be deleted when clearing the music index.

    Are you running 1.0.5.4? There is a bug in 1.0.5.3 and earlier where by only half of your media items are removed when you clear the music index. 1.0.5.4 fixes this. Also if you clear all music from your media collection in windows media player, it will no longer show up in StreetDeck.
    Thanks God... its a good thing i only had a 4th of my collection on cause that would have taken for ever.... is there anything coming up in the future to make this easyer ??

  5. #5
    Raw Wave god_of_cpu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    SilverSpring Maryland
    Posts
    2,960
    Quote Originally Posted by Memorex View Post
    Thanks God... its a good thing i only had a 4th of my collection on cause that would have taken for ever.... is there anything coming up in the future to make this easyer ??
    Make what easier? 1.0.5.4 already fixed the problem of not clearing out the entire library?
    StreetDeck.com Developer (I am Chuck)
    Get StreetDeck at http://www.streetdeck.com
    The Official StreetDeck Forums have moved, please visit us at http://www.streetdeck.com/forum for official support for Streetdeck.

  6. #6
    Newbie Memorex's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    29
    Well pressing and holding the media works if your on a fly but i have the up to date SD and i was having that problem. and If i wanted to delete large sections of music IE a whole artist or a album that could be anywere from 15 songs to a 100. so i guess its just time consuming to delete the media....

    From what i see SD will let you delete all of the media or a select few

  7. #7
    Raw Wave god_of_cpu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    SilverSpring Maryland
    Posts
    2,960
    Quote Originally Posted by Memorex View Post
    Well pressing and holding the media works if your on a fly but i have the up to date SD and i was having that problem. and If i wanted to delete large sections of music IE a whole artist or a album that could be anywere from 15 songs to a 100. so i guess its just time consuming to delete the media....

    From what i see SD will let you delete all of the media or a select few
    Well you can actually only physically delete a single media file at a time. Every other delete, just removes it from the index which actually leaves the file intact.

    I doubt the ability to delete multiple files easily will ever become a core part of StreetDeck if for no other reason then for the fact that someone would end up trashing thier entire media collection if they don't know what they are doing.

    Part of the media player interface is being exposed in verison 1.0.5.5 and a DigitalMod that does just that should then be possible when its released though.
    StreetDeck.com Developer (I am Chuck)
    Get StreetDeck at http://www.streetdeck.com
    The Official StreetDeck Forums have moved, please visit us at http://www.streetdeck.com/forum for official support for Streetdeck.

  8. #8
    Newbie Memorex's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    29
    Quote Originally Posted by god_of_cpu View Post
    Well you can actually only physically delete a single media file at a time. Every other delete, just removes it from the index which actually leaves the file intact.

    I doubt the ability to delete multiple files easily will ever become a core part of StreetDeck if for no other reason then for the fact that someone would end up trashing thier entire media collection if they don't know what they are doing.

    Part of the media player interface is being exposed in verison 1.0.5.5 and a DigitalMod that does just that should then be possible when its released though.
    I would hope that all of us are smart enough to have backup copies of our music libary. Granted the carcomp work well its still not the Ideal place for a comp and i would bet that more errors happen in the car comp then say my network harddrive.

Similar Threads

  1. CF 1,7 acting funny
    By suburbank2500 in forum Centrafuse
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 08-20-2006, 10:56 PM
  2. Centrafuse 1.6 Bugs
    By Mbai2 in forum CF Bug Reports
    Replies: 57
    Last Post: 05-10-2006, 10:30 AM
  3. mp3's only playing on right speakers
    By 3onDubs in forum Car Audio
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-21-2005, 09:53 AM
  4. Hi CPU usage on certain MP3s.
    By ZenerDiode in forum FrodoPlayer
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-27-2005, 02:13 PM
  5. Won't play any of my 19000 MP3's?
    By GReeToZ in forum Centrafuse
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 12-31-2004, 03:35 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •