Thread: Shutdown options with StreetDeck and Infill T3

Shutdown options with StreetDeck and Infill T3

I'm trying to understand my shutdown options. When I turn off the key, whether StreetDeck is running or not, my Infill T3 seems to wait about 15 seconds and then it retracts the touch screen and goes into hibernation mode. (I still get a kick out of that!)

If StreetDeck is running when it hibernates, it no longer is running when the system comes back from hibernation. Is that normal or have I broken something?

I'd also like to know if there is a way to control the shutdown controller. There are times I'd like to turn off the ignition but leave the Infill running, maybe as long as an hour or two so I can go inside and do a remote console or load some software via the network. The Infill has switched and unswitched power connections so it seems like this might be possible.

If I understand the shutdown scripts in StreetDeck, they are only allowed to run up to one minute each per script. Some sort of timer would be OK, but it would be even better if I could trigger the hibernation via command or software. I carry a jumpstart kit already, just in case.

Thanks

Terry
    FJ Cruiser Car Computer Project
    Infill T3 installed
    Kyocera K1 and Verizon EVDO wireless internet
    Sometimes On Webcam

Neither darque nor pervert DarquePervert's Avatar
    The whole concept of hibernation is tha it writes the entire system state and contents fo RAM to a file on teh hard drive, then reads that file when the computre resumes form hibernation. When it resumes, the system state is exactly the way it was upon entering hibernation.
    In this case, if StreetDeck was open when you hibernated, it will be open when you resume, as well.

I couldn't help you with the shutdown timings and settings for the Infill T3, though.
    Have you looked in the FAQ yet?
    How about the Wiki?

Under normal circumstances, a signature would go here.

If hibernating closes StreetDeck, you probably have the shutdown option set to close. StreetDeck should remain open when resuming.

If you don't want to shutdown immediatly, just leave your key on accessory.
    StreetDeck.com Developer (I am Chuck)
    Get StreetDeck at http://www.streetdeck.com
    The Official StreetDeck Forums have moved, please visit us at http://www.streetdeck.com/forum for official support for Streetdeck.

Thanks for the quick replies.

I did have the shutdown option set to close. I thought I needed to do that so that I could close StreetDeck without it putting the system into hibernation. I've got that figured out now I think.

I'd still like to leave the system running, with the key out of the ignition and the vehical locked. I just set the "kill shutdown tasks" to the maximum, thinking that maybe I can have a shutdown task that will hang (on purpose) and keep the system running for at least for the maximum of 15 minutes. I'd still like to have it keep running with the key out indefinately though if that is possible. I realize that StreetDeck goes to great lengths to keep the user from running the battery down, and I promise I won't whine if that is what I end up doing.
    FJ Cruiser Car Computer Project
    Infill T3 installed
    Kyocera K1 and Verizon EVDO wireless internet
    Sometimes On Webcam