I use the hybrid view.. but I have found that it due to my internet connection being slower than my driving.. It doesnt download all the data in time.. but it works great
I have also used the virtual earth cache digitalmod for alot of places if I dont wanna wear out my phones battery
So I tried a full removal again and restarted the computer after each step, but it still gives me the same error. I tried again to do a full removal, deleted directories, removed any entry in the registry that had the name streetdeck or mappoint. reinstalled everything and still same error. I am stuck using just the original verson from the cd. Its fine but i like the hybrid view that was added in later versions. Does anyone have any more ideas to fix this "parameter is incorrect" error?
I fixed it...
copied virtual earth folder from my documents\streetdeck to a different location.
I uninstalled the voice component.
then uninstalled mappoint
and finally streetdeck
deleted the streetdeck folder from my documents
searched registry for "streetdeck" and deleted all entries.
searched registry for "mappoint" and deleted all entries
cleared documents & settings\temp folder
deleted recycle bin
ran the installer from the cd. confirmed that the voice pack, mappoint and streetdeck all installed.
installed the latest update.
then I ran streetdeck, registered it, and configured all the ports, settings.
then i opened NAV last
once that worked, I copied the virtual earth folder back to the streetdeck folder and confirmed that it worked.
good luck. It sucks that it seems to be happening to a lot of people and yet there doesn't seem to be a good solution other than re and re. This kind of stuff is seriously making me doubt my 200 dollar purchase. :(
Hey it must be our lucky day. I fixed mine to but a little different method. I was just going to live with the first version but i was bugged so i did a system backup image and then also made a registry backup. I then noticed that i had 3 versions of streetdeck in my recycle bin. I copied one out and then over wrote my exisiting version and tested. It worked with nav but when checking the version it was still the old version. I ran the update to 1.11 or what ever the newest one is. I then tested and it works now. go figure. I immeditely made a restore point but im a little confused as to why it works now. Im still glad I bought the software but wish we had some other support other than other users. its more like beta testing
the streetdeck staff monitors this forum.. and they respond if another user hasnt already posted a solution
Funny, I posted this issue about a week ago, and even though there were other posts, there were no solutions. There is still no solution. I don't believe that a full reinstall is any sort of "fix".
from what I can see here.. it seems like a virtual earth file got currupted...
Thats seems about right. I tried to use that tool from ms to make sure the files were reg correctly but that never seemed to help. I was very close to formatting for the second time but Im glad i kept messing around until it finally worked.
I am getting the same error with my GPS and my Silabs radio. Both were working fine up until saturday. Wife was off with the 'burb, and called me to say that SD had gone into its setup wizard. Basically SD totally RESET itself. I cant tell you how frustrated I am I paid $$ for this software. If I had wanted to 'tweak' this much I would have used RR!
yep .. im fighting the same problem... updated to the latest rev today... no luck same problem. a while back i did a system restore due to this problem... copied missing files from streetdeck dvd ... no luck. i have really needed nav in the past few months while traveling oh well.. eventually i guess ill figure it out.