Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 46

Thread: Parameter Incorrect... Navigation

  1. #31
    Constant Bitrate
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Western NY
    Posts
    166
    Crabdaddy.... only fix I have found is to TOTALLY remove SD.... including registry searches. I cant remember.... but the same might need to be done for mappoint. I am quite fed up with it, since it has happened to me AGAIN.

    It seems to happen if the computer doesnt start up right, or locks up.

    This flaw will keep me from suggesting streetdeck to anyone in the future. Its a MAJOR bug. Alas, it seems the staff doesnt think so.
    'Burb-puter - worklog

  2. #32
    Constant Bitrate
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    south GA
    Posts
    183
    Quote Originally Posted by mangus580 View Post
    Crabdaddy.... only fix I have found is to TOTALLY remove SD.... including registry searches. I cant remember.... but the same might need to be done for mappoint. I am quite fed up with it, since it has happened to me AGAIN.

    It seems to happen if the computer doesnt start up right, or locks up.

    This flaw will keep me from suggesting streetdeck to anyone in the future. Its a MAJOR bug. Alas, it seems the staff doesnt think so.
    I guess I will start looking at mapmonkey and destinator and play with another frontend for a while. really dont have the time. but oh well.
    69 Mustang
    408 clevor AFD 2v heads - Viper T56
    Audio:RUX-C701, PXA-H701, MRV-F545, (2) MRD-M1005, SIR-SC-H1, DMHD1000, Dayton Audio: (2) RS180-4, (2) RS28F-4, (2) RSS265HO-44 DVC

  3. #33
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Santa Monica, CA
    Posts
    18

    Happening to me too

    I've never uninstalled SD... I have custom skins, tons of media, etc. What precautions should be taken before removing SD so I don't lose this data? Also, when reinstalling, will I need the registration code to get out of demo mode? How do you do registry searches to remove mappoint? Any help would be much appreciated as I am now without navigation. Thanks!

  4. #34
    Constant Bitrate
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    south GA
    Posts
    183
    Ok,

    Im going to enter my problem in the bug section? i have added my -verbose log here and i'll add it again in the log.

    through the various other threads related to navigation problems this problem seems to be common now. a complete reinstall of the application is not acceptable when all other items within streetdeck work without error as well as the OS and other apps work without error.
    other gps programs as well as mappoint (which came with streetdeck) work with the GPS outside of streetdeck on the same system.



    2008-03-13 18_47.txt
    69 Mustang
    408 clevor AFD 2v heads - Viper T56
    Audio:RUX-C701, PXA-H701, MRV-F545, (2) MRD-M1005, SIR-SC-H1, DMHD1000, Dayton Audio: (2) RS180-4, (2) RS28F-4, (2) RSS265HO-44 DVC

  5. #35
    SD beats everything. So there. danielkh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Beaverton, Oregon
    Posts
    1,538
    How bout this for strange. Same thing just happened to me on 2 separate computers, AT THE SAME TIME! I wasn't sharing files or even doing the same thing on them. Just was on my home this morning from Houston (nav worked great yesterday) and started getting the parameter is incorrect. Well, I had just loaded yahoo jukebox the night before, so maybe that's it. Got rid of it, did a restore from 10th, and still had the same problem. So went to the desktop development environment (I was playing with it last night with no problem). Now? Couldn't even start it without the parameter is missing AND a runtime error! Removed mappoint (have full version) and now development environment works.

    Going to reload and see if the problem comes back.....still......2 different computers at the same time????
    My opinion is my own.

  6. #36
    Maximum Bitrate Kimota's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Fort Lauderdale ,Florida
    Posts
    468
    Quote Originally Posted by danielkh View Post
    How bout this for strange. Same thing just happened to me on 2 separate computers, AT THE SAME TIME! I wasn't sharing files or even doing the same thing on them. Just was on my home this morning from Houston (nav worked great yesterday) and started getting the parameter is incorrect. Well, I had just loaded yahoo jukebox the night before, so maybe that's it. Got rid of it, did a restore from 10th, and still had the same problem. So went to the desktop development environment (I was playing with it last night with no problem). Now? Couldn't even start it without the parameter is missing AND a runtime error! Removed mappoint (have full version) and now development environment works.

    Going to reload and see if the problem comes back.....still......2 different computers at the same time????
    Honestly get used to it... I ran StreetDeck for a over year and this is a common issue among others. Especially when the system is in use for a while, issue's like this were the reason I started running window using EWF (every thing is written to RAM). Prior to running EWF I had a few instances where SD crashed and only a complete windows reinstall would resolve the issue.

    I highly recommend running EWF for anyone running StreetDeck it will save you countless head ache's an reinstalls of StreetDeck. My experience with StreetDeck was it was a glitchy beast and Map Point even more so.

    Another suggestion is after you get your system up and running make an image with some type of backup software such as Paragon Drive backup. Any major hicup you can recover in about 1/2 hour which definitely beats the hours for a complete reinstall of window, various software installs, updates and fine tuning settings.


  7. #37
    Constant Bitrate
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Western NY
    Posts
    166
    I am giving up on SD..... This error has caused me way too much grief. I am in the stages of testing Centrafuse... which was my first choice initially other than Gestures. Guess what.... they have them now too, so I am gonna jump ship.

    Seems to me SD sux.
    'Burb-puter - worklog

  8. #38
    SD beats everything. So there. danielkh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Beaverton, Oregon
    Posts
    1,538
    lol.....the fact that the exact same error shows up on 2 different unconnected computers at the same time doesn't peak your interest at all? Get used to it? Switch front ends? OMG! This is the most interesting thing that has happened since I installed a carputer! it appears to be streetdeck and not mappoint. I deleted streetdeck and all registry entries, but not all mappoint entries, and it works now. For the carputer, I am only going to remove SD and registry entries. Not mappoint and see what happens.

    This is sooooooo interesting.....

    There is one similarity on the computers......I was testing radio plugins since I am getting the HQCT. But that was several days ago. Yesterday this stuff was fine. The only other similarity is the clock and calender. But it didn't happen to everyone else, so we can take that out of the equation. Come on guys, never give up!
    My opinion is my own.

  9. #39
    Maximum Bitrate Kimota's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Fort Lauderdale ,Florida
    Posts
    468
    Quote Originally Posted by danielkh View Post
    lol.....the fact that the exact same error shows up on 2 different unconnected computers at the same time doesn't peak your interest at all? Get used to it? Switch front ends? OMG! This is the most interesting thing that has happened since I installed a carputer! it appears to be streetdeck and not mappoint. I deleted streetdeck and all registry entries, but not all mappoint entries, and it works now. For the carputer, I am only going to remove SD and registry entries. Not mappoint and see what happens.

    This is sooooooo interesting.....

    There is one similarity on the computers......I was testing radio plugins since I am getting the HQCT. But that was several days ago. Yesterday this stuff was fine. The only other similarity is the clock and calender. But it didn't happen to everyone else, so we can take that out of the equation. Come on guys, never give up!

    Heya

    I didn't even bring up switching front-ends this time ^_^ gave you a great suggestion about running EWF which I assure you will save you TONS of time messing around with StreetDeck issue's.

    Like I said before I've run StreetDeck for over a year and have had it installed on 4 different PC's, all of which experienced the exact same instability issue's with StreetDeck and Map Point.

    Believe me it happens to everyone that uses StreetDeck once the system been running for a while and thata just the tip of the iceburg. Once your system has been running for several months your almost assured some MAJOR blowups.

    P.S

    Really do yourself a favor and look into running Windows with EWF. Ohh and start making images of your setup or pay the price when after an SD crash it takes you OS with it

  10. #40
    SD beats everything. So there. danielkh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Beaverton, Oregon
    Posts
    1,538
    Progress: Ok, removed all registry entries for SD. For the folders, I renamed the SD program folder and the documents folder. Then reloaded SD.......problem gone.

    Next, renamed the old folders back to original.....problem back. That means problem is definitely NOT mappoint. Next, renamed old SD program folder out, new SD folder in(1.0.9.8). Problem is still there. Next, rename old documents folder out, new folder in, problem is gone! So.... new program out, old program in......AH! It wants a RADIO skin!! Why would that be? hmmmmmmm Then this, then that......

    Next, create a 3rd documents folder....

    The problem is the options.sdo file getting corrupted.

    Now that I found the problem and the car still has it, I can see how easy it is to fix.

    (Yes, I troubleshoot for a living)

    Seeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.....it's INTERESTING!
    My opinion is my own.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Centrafuse RC3 Release Notes
    By veetid in forum Centrafuse
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-20-2006, 11:09 PM
  2. 2002 Toyota Camry with Navigation Reuse Screen
    By PowerRock in forum LCD/Display
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-10-2006, 08:38 PM
  3. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-18-2005, 10:24 PM
  4. The parameter is incorrect
    By braindrain in forum PowerVoice
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-01-2005, 11:41 PM
  5. BMW pre-installed system - TFT ?
    By tsingsu in forum LCD/Display
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 08-05-2002, 02:16 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •