SD Lite Vs SD Full
I'm about to the pull the trigger and buy this s/w but I have some questions:
1. W/ the SD light version, I understand that navi and voice is not included but does that mean I can then use my preferred GPS s/w which is iGuidance? I'm not too much fo a fan w/ MS mappoint.
2. What is the voice data files? are those the files so you can control ur pc via voice commands?
3. Sd Lite, does it come with development tools so I can create my own skin etc.
4. If SD is restriced to to use MS mappoint can i buy the s/w from a 3rd party and make it work later on?
1. No, because StreetDeck won't allow you to load an external app while driving.
2. additional voices that are used to announce directions and such within streetdeck.
3. I believe so.
4. If you mean the MapPoint software, then yes, I believe so.
Thank you for the reply, but now is the voice data files worth an extra $80.00?
Originally Posted by DarquePervert
That also includes the navigation data, whether you would intend to use that functionality or not.
If you don't purchase the full version and you want to use Nav, you will also have to purchase Map Point...which is much more expensive than $80.
And if I buy MapPoint 2006 Media Only for about 40$.
Will it work with this? :D
StreetDeck will work with MapPoint 2006. There is only 1 version of MapPoint, but there are multiple licenses. Legally, unless you are a student and qualify for their educational version, the only legal version is the $199 version.