Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Streetdeck and the INFILL T3

Streetdeck and the INFILL T3

I hope this is the right place to ask this question. I see in the store you have the Infill T3 with Streetdeck for 1999.00, the deck without for 1299.00, and Streetdeck for 299.00. Whats the difference in buying the 2 separately and loading the software yourself vs buying the unit preinstalled, besides the 400 bucks or so?

JoelM

FLAC
    Quote Originally Posted by bigjoe22 View Post
    I hope this is the right place to ask this question. I see in the store you have the Infill T3 with Streetdeck for 1999.00, the deck without for 1299.00, and Streetdeck for 299.00. Whats the difference in buying the 2 separately and loading the software yourself vs buying the unit preinstalled, besides the 400 bucks or so?

JoelM
    It's not just no StreetDeck it's also:

• NO WARRANTY
    • NO SUPPORT
    • NO SOFTWARE

Quote Originally Posted by Zip-Lock View Post
    It's not just no StreetDeck it's also:

• NO WARRANTY
    • NO SUPPORT
    • NO SOFTWARE
    So if I buy the Infill T3 from MP3car without Streetdeck, I get no Hardware warranty at all? I dont mind the no support for Streetdeck, or no operating system as a have a license already, but that wouldnt make no sense to buy a pc without any warranty.

JoelM

FLAC
    So if I buy the Infill T3 from MP3car without Streetdeck, I get no Hardware warranty at all? I dont mind the no support for Streetdeck, or no operating system as a have a license already, but that wouldnt make no sense to buy a pc without any warranty.

JoelM
    We offer a 30 day hardware only warranty. We don't offer any support for the software. We have further reduced the price of the T3 barebones down to $999.99

Takes it in the Rear kevinlekiller's Avatar

JoelM
    I think the infill t3 with streetdeck comes preinstalled with a liscenced copy of windows xp +gps, and it offers support like Zip says.

And now im temtped to buy the t3 barebones with the 300$ reduction

Low Bitrate
    If I get the T3 hardware only. What do I need to get it running?
    A copy of Windows XP?
    Where are the drivers?
    Does it come with Infill software?

And then can I purchase Streetdeck for it? $199?
    I live in New Zealand obviously Streetdeck doesn't have Maps for NZ, can I load in another GPS software with NZ maps and use it?

thanks

Its a regular computer. You can load windows XP or whatever software you want onto it.

The propietary hardware like the radio, TV tuner, parking brake, and reverse sensor will only work through StreetDeck. You can purchase StreetDeck separately and use the T3 install option and it should work just like if you bought it bundled.

You can install any other navigation onto it and the GPS should work on it if it can use a 9600 baud GPS.
    StreetDeck.com Developer (I am Chuck)
    Get StreetDeck at http://www.streetdeck.com
    The Official StreetDeck Forums have moved, please visit us at http://www.streetdeck.com/forum for official support for Streetdeck.

Low Bitrate
    Cool, Can I remap the Navigation button on Streetdeck to launch other GPS software for NZ, as obviously streetdeck doesn't support NZ Maps?
    Also I have a Nokia Bluetooth carkit installed, would the carstereo mute work with the T3?

I have a Subaru Legacy B4 1999, I presume it would fit in the dash, I have a double DIN available, but a bit concerned about the climate control knob being in the way.. have included a pic below..
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Neither darque nor pervert DarquePervert's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jabz View Post
    Cool, Can I remap the Navigation button on Streetdeck to launch other GPS software for NZ, as obviously streetdeck doesn't support NZ Maps?
    The button would have to be set to launch an external application. I don't know if this is possible or not.
    Have you looked in the FAQ yet?
    How about the Wiki?

Under normal circumstances, a signature would go here.

Quote Originally Posted by jabz View Post
    Also I have a Nokia Bluetooth carkit installed, would the carstereo mute work with the T3?

I have a Subaru Legacy B4 1999, I presume it would fit in the dash, I have a double DIN available, but a bit concerned about the climate control knob being in the way.. have included a pic below..
    I don't know if your bluetooth car kit will work, the T3 installs pretty much like any other car stereo though, so if the kit you have works with car stereos in general, it should work with the T3.

You can launch any application as an external application. You just have to drag and drop a shortcut onto streetdeck to create a link to that external application, then press and hold the link created in streetdeck to set a preset for it. Once you have that preset, you can launch it from any event in StreetDeck, this includes mapping a skin button to it, a gesture, a keyboard event, etc.

If you launch another GPS application, you will have to run with -testmode so StreetDeck doesn't go fullscreen when you start moving.
    StreetDeck.com Developer (I am Chuck)
    Get StreetDeck at http://www.streetdeck.com
    The Official StreetDeck Forums have moved, please visit us at http://www.streetdeck.com/forum for official support for Streetdeck.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast