Failure is not an option...
The only full multizone / multiscreen cross platform open source Front End -> OpenMobile
I managed to embed the software into the Cfig plugin in centrafuse, and I can make it resize how it needs to....but the position doesnt change. doesnt matter what I set the position to.....it still cuts the top off the embedded sygic application.
Anyone got any ideas?
sorry, solved that now, only thing i need to know is how i can input the camera locations available for the uk, into the software from the spreadsheet on the freedrive website???
If anyone can tell me that - i'll be flying!!!
and what function, or what setting points the nav program to the database once converted?
You just have to drop the converted POI's into your map folder (the UPI files) and then from inside the Sygic drive menu you can turn them on (Menu, Manage POI)
1) Get PocketGPS speed cameras for Tom Tom. I got the November 2007 release. The files should be .ov2 files, one for each camera type, e.g
.... etc etc
Make sure that you have the equivalent logos in bmp format for the files. e.g.
.... etc etc
4) run ov2upi, but run it for each ov2 file individually. I found that it didn't work properly when you told it to convert an entire directory at once.
5) You should have lots of upi files now.
.... etc etc
Rename these to whatever you want to appear inside Sygic Drive. e.g. I named mine
Fixed Speed Camera @ 20.upi
Fixed Speed Camera @ 30.upi
Fixed Speed Camera @ 40.upi
.... etc etc
6) Copy these upi files into your map directory e.g. GBR. Don't copy default.upi
7) Copy all bmp files into the Icons directory in Sygic Drive. Don't rename them. IIRC a few don't display properly so you have to load them into Irfanview or something & increase their colours to 8bit.
8) If you load up Sygic Drive now, you should see new categories in your POI management. You should see them named however you named the file & you should see an icon to the left of the name. If you enable them & look at the map, you should see the icon on the map.
9) If you want alerting as you approach a camera, you have to do the following...
10) copy wav files into the Sounds directory for your alerts. Get these from wherever you fancy. Personally, I used the ones from GatsohunterRR which in turn were borrowed from FreeDrive.
11) Edit SKIN/application.skin. USE NOTEPAD NOT WORDPAD. search for "managePOI.alarm". You should see 3 lists. items, sounds & icons. You need to add new items referencing the sounds that you added using a default icon. You can't add your own icons. Make up the name for the item for now - anything you want. e.g. here's mine
<listBox id="listBox.managePOI.selectSound" bitmapSound="_b.checkOff"
12) Edit SKIN/English.lang (or whatever your lang is). USE NOTEPAD NOT WORDPAD
Search for <lang id="managePOI.beep" text="Beep"/> Copy that line & add your new items as you want them to appear in the menu using the names you chose in the previous step.
e.g. here's mine
<lang id="managePOI.cam30" text="Speed Camera @ 30"/>
<lang id="managePOI.cam40" text="Speed Camera @ 40"/>
<lang id="managePOI.cam50" text="Speed Camera @ 50"/>
<lang id="managePOI.cam60" text="Speed Camera @ 60"/>
<lang id="managePOI.cam70" text="Speed Camera @ 70"/>
<lang id="managePOI.camera" text="Camera"/>
<lang id="managePOI.mobile" text="Mobile Speed Camera"/>
<lang id="managePOI.redlight" text="Redlight Camera"/>
<lang id="managePOI.speed" text="Speed Camera"/>
13) Load Sygic Drive, go to the Manage POI section & add an alert for your speed cameras. The alert sounds menu should now show the new items you entered.
forgive my stupidity.....poi converter doesnt offer a .upi file extension to save siles as?
And the ov2upi translator software gives error initialising when i try to open it?
Anyone able to assist me?