Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 148

Thread: HOW TO: Get sound from PC to Car Stereo / Amp

  1. #31
    FLAC ppgt94's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    1,352
    Quote Originally Posted by murdaki11
    ppgt94 trying to PM you but your box is full

    Im going to be doing pretty much the same install you did. Was wondering about your speakers setup. If im correct you arent using the HU anywehre. When hooking up amp, to sound card, did you have to rewire any speakers or anything?
    Do you have the monsoon system?

    You can PM me now.

  2. #32
    Maximum Bitrate
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    481

    cd adapter

    im thinkin of just running a cd tape adapter to the output on the mobo. What is so bad about wiring it like this? what problems may i get?

  3. #33
    Raw Wave Rob Withey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2000
    Location
    Bedfordshire, UK
    Posts
    2,139
    Quote Originally Posted by Tred
    im thinkin of just running a cd tape adapter to the output on the mobo. What is so bad about wiring it like this? what problems may i get?
    I started my system out like this. It's perfectly fine, and you get what is effectively a ground loop isolator for free (between the heads of the tape and the player).
    Old Systems retired due to new car
    New system at design/prototype stage on BeagleBoard.

  4. #34
    Maximum Bitrate
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    481
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob Withey
    I started my system out like this. It's perfectly fine, and you get what is effectively a ground loop isolator for free (between the heads of the tape and the player).

    Thanks, is sound quality effected?Hissing?Static? also what should be be the ratio of volume of the pc to the head unit? is there some way to calculate that, since I think it might be dependent on watts.

  5. #35
    Variable Bitrate
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Central California
    Posts
    368
    Quote Originally Posted by roller
    Hello (sorry for my english, I'm spanish) !

    I have a problem with the sound in my carPC. I have an Alpine 7894RB and I bought and adapter for connect "AUX IN", next I bought a jack 3,5 - 2 RCA conector. The physical connects are OK.

    The problem is:

    When I'm listening music in my car by FM or CD source that's ok, but when I select de AUX-IN source I only can hear the music, video .... by one side of the car.

    The balance control in CarPC it's Ok, in the Alpine the same.

    Could you help me ??

    Thanks a lot

    Rubén
    roller, make sure that the 3.5 jack is all the way in. I've experienced same symptom as yours and turned out that it's not all the way in. Also, sometime the outer jacket of the connector kinda in the way which hinders the jack to go in all the way.

  6. #36
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    26
    how would you set it up to have the soundcard play the speakers off your head unit, and the soundcard go to your amp and sub

  7. #37
    FLAC ppgt94's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    1,352
    Quote Originally Posted by ecaandrew
    how would you set it up to have the soundcard play the speakers off your head unit, and the soundcard go to your amp and sub
    You use a multiple channel sound card.

  8. #38
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    26
    ok heres what i want to do, i want to hook up the center/subwoofer from the sound card to the amp to sub

    and i want to hook the soundcard up to the headunit as well so the headunit is hooked up to the speakrs, but in the diagram above it shows one Y adapter going to the head unit, which port is the adapter plugged into???

    the adapter going to the SUB would go in the "CENTER" port on the sound card probably?

    but where would the adapter going to the headunit go to, which port??? cause there is front and rear? you would hook up both right but how? thanks

  9. #39
    FLAC ppgt94's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    1,352
    Quote Originally Posted by ecaandrew
    ok heres what i want to do, i want to hook up the center/subwoofer from the sound card to the amp to sub

    and i want to hook the soundcard up to the headunit as well so the headunit is hooked up to the speakrs, but in the diagram above it shows one Y adapter going to the head unit, which port is the adapter plugged into???

    the adapter going to the SUB would go in the "CENTER" port on the sound card probably?

    but where would the adapter going to the headunit go to, which port??? cause there is front and rear? you would hook up both right but how? thanks
    You don't have to. I would suggest not to since your headunit input is only stereo. I think you should use the front channels for the headunit. Use the rear channel output for the subwoofer. The amplifer for the subwoofer will most likey (or should) have a low-pass filter crossover and can accecpt stereo input. There are other solutions but this would work just as well in your situation.

  10. #40
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    26
    i just forgot im not even using my headunit, im using my carputer for music, so can i use the front channels on the sound card and hook that up to the front speakers, and the rear channel to the back speakers, and the center to the amp to sub?

Similar Threads

  1. Car power supply (battery charger) from old pc supply
    By stimps in forum Power Supplies
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 08-20-2010, 01:39 AM
  2. PC To Car Speakers
    By eCar™ in forum General Hardware Discussion
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 08-17-2008, 01:35 PM
  3. Replies: 9
    Last Post: 06-08-2006, 06:15 PM
  4. Car 5.1 Dsp Options Vs Pc 5.1 Dsp
    By port20 in forum Car Audio
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 05-29-2006, 03:10 AM
  5. Another pc sound -> car speakers question
    By Juz in forum General Hardware Discussion
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 10-17-2002, 12:47 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •