View Poll Results: How much did your Car PC installation cost?

Voters
605. You may not vote on this poll
  • $500 or less

    121 20.00%
  • $500-$750

    85 14.05%
  • $750-$1000

    113 18.68%
  • $1000-$1250

    103 17.02%
  • $1250-$1500

    68 11.24%
  • $1500 or more

    115 19.01%
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 85

Thread: FAQ Poll: How much did your car PC cost?

  1. #11
    Raw Wave tj!2k4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    3,294

  2. #12
    Maximum Bitrate fixerofallthing's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Lawrenceville GA
    Posts
    769
    Which version, since I am on my fourth now? IT WILL NEVER BE DONE!!!!!!
    The Car 2005 Scion xB

    The Truck 2004 GMC Canyon

  3. #13
    The Lavender Tie Just
    Made It Obvious
    Rafster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    3,083
    If you're gonna pay more than $1500 for a system, why not just get something like a Pioneer Avic-D1 or N2?

    I figure for mine, ~$700 including the screen I still don't have!!!

    Peace,

    Rafster

  4. #14
    It ain't easy being a green moderator meddler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Steps out the front of Henson's workshop or Sydney
    Posts
    2,781
    too much
    Never let the truth get in the way of a good story

  5. #15
    My Village Called 0l33l's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Berkeley, CA
    Posts
    10,516
    Quote Originally Posted by meddler
    too much
    Ditto

  6. #16
    Constant Bitrate Trazer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    182
    Indeed, too much.
    There ain't no need to cry. Time's up. It's time to die....

  7. #17
    FLAC djmickyg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    1,314
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafster
    If you're gonna pay more than $1500 for a system, why not just get something like a Pioneer Avic-D1 or N2?

    I figure for mine, ~$700 including the screen I still don't have!!!

    Peace,

    Rafster
    cus it cant be customized

  8. #18
    My Village Called 0l33l's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Berkeley, CA
    Posts
    10,516
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafster
    If you're gonna pay more than $1500 for a system, why not just get something like a Pioneer Avic-D1 or N2?

    I figure for mine, ~$700 including the screen I still don't have!!!

    Peace,

    Rafster
    I think that people calculate in the cost of amps, etc.

  9. #19
    Variable Bitrate StrataG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    425
    Quote Originally Posted by 0l33l
    I think that people calculate in the cost of amps, etc.
    Mine was that without the amps. If you include my sound system, it would be well over double that. As far as the Pioneer or Eclipse units go, they are nice and all, but can't do half of what my setup does. My initial reasoning behind a carpc was because it would be cheaper than one of those and more flexible. Well the flexible part is what brought up the cost. While I may have spent as much as one of those units cost, they cannot store 20k mp3's and 150 movies, sync up with my home network, browse the net, etc. In all honesty, anyone who says they are getting one of those units, I ask the opposite. If you are going to spend that much, a carputer is definately the way to go.

  10. #20
    Constant Bitrate Trazer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    182
    Quote Originally Posted by StrataG
    Mine was that without the amps. If you include my sound system, it would be well over double that. As far as the Pioneer or Eclipse units go, they are nice and all, but can't do half of what my setup does. My initial reasoning behind a carpc was because it would be cheaper than one of those and more flexible. Well the flexible part is what brought up the cost. While I may have spent as much as one of those units cost, they cannot store 20k mp3's and 150 movies, sync up with my home network, browse the net, etc. In all honesty, anyone who says they are getting one of those units, I ask the opposite. If you are going to spend that much, a carputer is definately the way to go.
    There ain't no need to cry. Time's up. It's time to die....

Similar Threads

  1. Car power supply (battery charger) from old pc supply
    By stimps in forum Power Supplies
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 08-20-2010, 12:39 AM
  2. Lilliput works on home pc but not car PC!!!!!!!!!!
    By lax4321 in forum LCD/Display
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 02-24-2007, 05:24 PM
  3. A Bodgy Car PC.
    By Bodgy in forum Show off your project
    Replies: 39
    Last Post: 02-05-2007, 10:58 PM
  4. Installing car PC in 1996 Honda Civic
    By PredatorCoder in forum Newbie
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 08-18-2005, 07:58 AM
  5. Car PC EZ 2.4 SDC/Inverter Controller - NOW Avail!
    By hd54321 in forum Power Supplies
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-24-2005, 12:42 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •