Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 19 of 19

Thread: FAQ: What is Bit-Perfect?

  1. #11
    Constant Bitrate
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    152
    Quote Originally Posted by RedGTiVR6 View Post

    Foobar2000
    Foobar2000 does not support ASIO natively.

    Foobar2000 ASIO Plug-ins
    These plug-ins can be found here: http://otachan.com (For a translated version of the page, see here:Translated Page)

    Foobar2000
    Maybe I'm missing something here, but...
    Quote Originally Posted by otachan.com
    Plug in for foobar2000
    foo_ddecontrol.dll Ver. 0.41.1 DDE short story Rawlplug in (2006/9/1)
    foo_playlistclear.dll Ver. 0.08 Play list deletion plug in (2006/8/5)
    foo_dsp_ssrc.dll Ver. 0.57 SSRC plug in (2006/8/16)
    None of the files under the "foobar2000" heading on that site are labeled asio

  2. #12
    _
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Little Elm, Texas
    Posts
    13,500
    dono - it's possible that the page has changed. However, if you click on the links I provided for each download...you will get the ASIO downloads for Foobar.
    Jan Bennett
    FS: VW MKIV Bezel for 8" Lilliput - 95% Finished

    Please post on the forums! Chances are, someone else has or will have the same questions as you!

  3. #13
    FLAC
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Hou. TX
    Posts
    1,481
    I just wanted to point out some new info.
    The new Vista operating system has done away with the Kmixer and has a new core program called Audiostack. Vista was designed for high end audio in mind and it may make bit perfect obsolete.
    1999 Black Pontiac Trans Am
    CarPC's in F-bodies
    How To Relocate Climate Controls on the 97-02 F-body Cars
    (AMD Sempron 3000+, Opus 150)
    Car PC system is out, Alpine system is in.

  4. #14
    Variable Bitrate
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    422
    Can you run Bit Perfect with a USB DAC? Specifically the Silverstone EB-02

  5. #15
    Low Bitrate
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    71
    Quote Originally Posted by JasonWW View Post
    I just wanted to point out some new info.
    The new Vista operating system has done away with the Kmixer and has a new core program called Audiostack. Vista was designed for high end audio in mind and it may make bit perfect obsolete.
    Ok, i've just asked a question in another thread regarding sound quality and as a result was told to do a search on Bit-Perfect here... if Vista truely does have a more advanced way of dealing with high end audio then it could influence what operating system goes on my carpc and pretty much all the components that will go into the PC, can anybody provide some more information on Vista's new technologies/how they compare to the bit perfect option?

  6. #16
    _
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Little Elm, Texas
    Posts
    13,500
    Quote Originally Posted by SKiTLz View Post
    Can you run Bit Perfect with a USB DAC? Specifically the Silverstone EB-02
    You would have to check with the drivers and the software interface on that DAC.
    Jan Bennett
    FS: VW MKIV Bezel for 8" Lilliput - 95% Finished

    Please post on the forums! Chances are, someone else has or will have the same questions as you!

  7. #17
    FLAC
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Hou. TX
    Posts
    1,481
    Quote Originally Posted by Brycestro View Post
    Ok, i've just asked a question in another thread regarding sound quality and as a result was told to do a search on Bit-Perfect here... if Vista truely does have a more advanced way of dealing with high end audio then it could influence what operating system goes on my carpc and pretty much all the components that will go into the PC, can anybody provide some more information on Vista's new technologies/how they compare to the bit perfect option?
    I have a link to a thread called "Audio Processing in Vista Explained".
    It's long and I haven't finished reading it all yet, but it looks very encouraging. I'll probably buy a copy of Vista to use just on my carpc. Aside from not having to use bit perfect it should also make your MP3's and other audio sound cleaner and better as well. I'm not sure if they mention bit perfect, but they might have and I may not have gotten that far yet.
    http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...3&page=1&pp=30
    1999 Black Pontiac Trans Am
    CarPC's in F-bodies
    How To Relocate Climate Controls on the 97-02 F-body Cars
    (AMD Sempron 3000+, Opus 150)
    Car PC system is out, Alpine system is in.

  8. #18
    Low Bitrate
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    71
    excellent, reading through the article now.

  9. #19
    Maximum Bitrate Ruffy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    511
    Quote Originally Posted by RedGTiVR6 View Post
    You would have to check with the drivers and the software interface on that DAC.
    since there hasent been a proper answer to this im reasking it.

    The silverstone dac uses no official driver. it shows up in windows as a external usb speaker.
    Car : 00' Chrysler 300M
    Speakers : Rainbow Audio SLC 265 | Subs : Diamond Audio D6 12" Subs X2
    Amp's : Hifonics ZXi 6006 AB | Hifonics BXi 1606 D
    CarPC: HP Laptop AMD Sempron 3000+ | 1.5GB RAM | DVD+RW | 80GB 5400RPM HD | ATI R200 Video

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Similar Threads

  1. Help me Build a "suggested systems" FAQ for n00bs
    By Bugbyte in forum The FAQ Emporium
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 07-13-2006, 08:47 AM
  2. bit perfect
    By RedGTiVR6 in forum General Hardware Discussion
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 06-07-2006, 10:26 AM
  3. Audio problems, Epia Sound, and FAQ stuff
    By gothate in forum Newbie
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-16-2005, 05:04 PM
  4. Faq Rules
    By frodobaggins in forum The FAQ Emporium
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-27-2005, 12:11 AM
  5. 20 bit = high color or 256 ??
    By hippie in forum LCD/Display
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 05-08-2001, 10:12 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •