Rev App for iPhone. Wireless OBD 2 app
- The app has a very clean, dark easy to use interface.
- After you connect once, it's pretty much automatic from there-on-out.
- There is little to 0 delay via the Ad-Hoc network, making the data realtime.
- You can read your engine codes. And reset them
- The community is growing every day so updates and new features will be coming all the time.
- I had to turn airplane mode on so the Ad Hoc network would connect.
- The hardware always pulls power from the OBD II port so you cannot always leave it plugged in
- The OBD II connector was angled to the right so the cable stuck out at my feet, in other cars it didn't even fit
- Price tag may be a little much for some people. ($140 - $250 for hardware alone)
Overall for any car enthusiast with an iPhone this is a really cool and useful app. You don't know how much fun it is to read your G-Force going around a turn till you try it yourself. Knowing your MPG on the spot helps keep yourself on track and can really alter the way you drive and push your engine for the better.
You can find Rev app at the app store: Rev on the App Store