GA-H55N-USB3 MB from GIGABYTE
A Quick review of the GA-H55N-USB3 MB from GIGABYTE. Ė If itís been done Ė apologies Ė I did search!
Mini-ITX Form Factor; 17.0cm x 17.0cm
One of the nicest features is included with the onboard (CPU) graphics, Its the software for roll your own Display driver with all associated parameters.
I had 800x480 for my 8Ē 16:9 LCD running in a minute or so. No Drivers no hassles.
This MB is one of the strongest and beautifully made MB I have seen in a long time.
I run Win7, an Intel i3 540 INTEL CORE i3 3.06GHZ, 4GB of ram and a 60GB OCZ SSD.
The total power consumption of the system when playing a movie is 36 to 46 watts. This thing runs silent and almost cold. This includes USB devices all running from an M4-ATX 250W supply.
SSD drives resumes from STR in 2.2 seconds under Win7.
The MB Post takes around 15 seconds from cold boot though Ė sigh - However the SSD drive loads Win7 in 10 to 12 seconds.
Supporting the latest Intelģ Coreô i7, Coreô i5 and Coreô i3 processors featuring the first time ever integrated graphics on chip and LGA 1156 socket(Coreô i5 and Coreô i3 processors only)
1. 2 x 1.5V DDR3 DIMM sockets supporting up to 8 GB of system memory (Note 1)
2. Dual channel memory architecture
3. Support for DDR3 1666 (O.C.)/1333/1066/800 MHz memory modules
4. Support for non-ECC memory modules
5. Support for Extreme Memory Profile (XMP) memory modules
Integrated in the Chipset: ONLY with an Intel CPU with integrated graphics.
1 x D-Sub port
1 x DVI-D port - The DVI-D port does not support D-Sub connection by an adapter.
1 x HDMI port (Note 4)
Realtek ALC892 codec. High Definition Audio 2/4/5.1/7.1-channel. Support for S/PDIF Out
1 x Realtek RTL8111E chip (10/100/1000 Mbit
1 x PCI Express x16 slot, running at x16 (The PCIEX16 slot conforms to PCI Express 2.0 standard.)
1. 4 x SATA 3Gb/s connectors supporting up to 4 SATA 3Gb/s devices
2. 1 x eSATA 3Gb/s connector on the back panel supporting up to 1 SATA 3Gb/s device
Integrated in the Chipset
Up to 8 USB 2.0/1.1 ports (4 on the back panel, 4 via the USB brackets connected to the internal USB headers)
NEC D720200F1 chip: Up to 2 USB 3.0/2.0 ports on the back panel
1. 1 x 24-pin ATX main power connector Connectors
2. 1 x 4-pin ATX 12V power connector
3. 4 x SATA 3Gb/s connectors
4. 1 x CPU fan header
5. 1 x system fan header
6. 1 x front panel header
7. 1 x front panel audio header
8. 1 x S/PDIF Out header
9. 2 x USB 2.0/1.1 headers
10. 1 x debug card header
11. 1 x chassis intrusion header
12. 1 x clearing CMOS jumper
1. 1 x PS/2 keyboard/mouse port Connectors
2. 1 x D-Sub port (Note 2)
3. 1 x DVI-D port (Note 2)(Note 3) (Note 4)
4. 1 x optical S/PDIF Out connector
5. 1 x HDMI port (Note 2)(Note 4)
6. 4 x USB 2.0/1.1 ports
7. 2 x USB 3.0/2.0 ports
8. 1 x eSATA 3Gb/s connector
9. 1 x RJ-45 port
10. 6 x audio jacks (Center/Subwoofer Speaker Out/Rear Speaker Out/ Side Speaker Out/Line In/Line Out/Microphone)