Connect2Car Anywhere G2 Giveaway Contest -- Get Your Ideas In Now!
After spotting some discussion of this product on the forums, we looked into it further. If our forum members are interested in it, then it’s usually worth some follow-up. We discovered an amazing product that is as useful as it is impressive. It’s a software/hardware combination that allows a user to remotely control major functions of their vehicle from anywhere via a mobile device or computer. Anywhere G2 can turn your car on or off from anywhere you have access to your smartphone, allowing you to warm it up in the morning before you get in it, or to cut the power if an unauthorized driver is operating it. Other functions include the ability to lock and unlock doors and to track the vehicle’s position and speed. That’s already an impressive lineup of features, but we thought we’d put our forum members to the test (again).
About the contest:
Connect2Car has partnered with mp3Car to give one Anywhere G2 device to 1 lucky winner willing to do an in-depth review and short video blog about the product. The prize will include:
- Connect2Car Anywhere G2 Device
- professional installation by a local install shop
- 3 months free service ($19.99 per month service) See details here.
This prize is valued at over $700 (including the installation service)!
In order to enter the contest, please draft your response to the following three items:
1. Please draft creative, innovative, or particularly valuable functions for this product. Real world examples are great!
2. What specific need to you have for the product (i.e. do you need to roll up the windows of your car to trap a thief or prevent your poodle from escaping? Do you need to be able to shut down the vehicle when your teenager takes your car for an extended period of time? Do you need to keep tabs on someone in your life?)?
3. What in-depth work logs or how-to documents have you posted on the mp3Car forums? Please provide strong examples of your technical expertise and ability to clearly document a product or process.
If you think you can make the best case for needing this product and show us your ingenious brainchild, we’ll go ahead and give it to you.
You can either reply to this thread or PM me to enter the contest.
Here’s the not-so-fine print requirements for the contest:
- Must go into a year 2000+ car
- Winner must live in the continental United States
- Winner must do a review of the product, focusing mainly on the user experience once the product is complete, but also on the installation process (done by the professional)
- Review must me in a similar format to other mp3Car reviews
- Winner must do a basic video showing the primary functions of the product
- Winner must have a access to a Blackberry Smartphone to document the new Connect2Car Blackberry app.
- Entries must be submitted by March 18, 2011
- A winner will be announced Monday, March 21, 2011
- Installation must occur within 2 weeks of the winner being announced
- The review must be completed within two weeks of installation
We’re looking forward to seeing what you come up with—let the contest begin!