USB Syncroized 5V@8A power supply POL. Now Taking Orders!!!
ACPPS Project Update Post Continuously updated.
Last update: 12/20/10. Nearly 40 units sold!
My online marketplace has moved to Etsy! Link below.
ACCPSv1: Computer synchronized 5V @ 8A power supply. $80 + S/H.
The ACPPS is a 5V POL (Point of Load) power supply specifically designed for the Car-PC market. The core feature being a safe and simple method of turning on and off in unison with the computer. The ACPPS does this by monitoring the power state of the computer through a USB cable or other enabling signal.
Other features that set the ACPPS apart:
- Switched 12V (unregulated) auxiliary output also following the computer's power state. Used for enabling or powering amplifiers, screens and other devices.
- High output current. With 5V@8A the ACPPS is among the most powerful 5V automotive POL's available.
- High switching frequency supports clean audio applications. Operating at 300 kHz the switching noise far is beyond human hearing.
- Strong, durable and elegant black anodized aluminum chassis.
- Quick and easy screw terminals. Install is similar to an car audio amplifier. Also, multiple power and ground terminals allow "daisy chaining" multiple devices. This allows wiring to be cleaner and simpler.
- -40 to 85c operating temperature, 94% overall efficiency, 0.8% regulation variance, 0.6% output ripple.
Before shipping, each unit is “stress” tested. Each unit is run at full power for 30 minutes to make sure it is functioning properly. Output voltage is checked at the beginning and end to check for drift and each unit is checked for excessive heat.
Each unit comes with a 120 day warranty. If your ACPPS is installed and fails during normal operation, you can send it in for a replacement/repair. Follow these 3 simple rules and I guarantee you wont have any problems with my product:
- Read and follow the installation instructions.
- Remove the fuse while installing.
- Connect the Ground last.
USBi USB Isolator. $10
The USBi separates the computer’s power from the USB power.
USB as a system was designed such that the computer sends power to the USB devices. It was not designed for the devices to send power to the computer. Some cheap USB hubs will allow power to travel in both directions, the USBi stops that from happening. It was developed in response to a customers' installation problems.
Discussion of the USBi and its uses
The standard wires are 24" in length, but can be special ordered with longer. I have tested the USBi using SiSoftware Sandra Lite XII.2008.SP1 and a USB thumb drive and there was no impact on USB data throughput.
All sales are handled at my new online marketplace Etsy.com
Secure checkout through PayPal.