View Poll Results: Would you be intersted in a USB amp as described?

Voters
26. You may not vote on this poll
  • No, not at all, you can put it where I think!

    3 11.54%
  • Only if it was really cheap, say $50

    10 38.46%
  • Only if it was cheap, about $100

    5 19.23%
  • This is the thing I was born for, send me one now!

    8 30.77%
Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314 LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 135

Thread: Small and simple USB audio amp anyone?

  1. #101
    Vik
    Vik is offline
    Newbie Vik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    36
    seems very Interesting, I'm thinking of ordering one, It would be even cooler though to have one that includes the HQCT so that radio audio remains digital and an extra line level input becomes available for a camera or mp3-player.

  2. #102
    cheap custom title JC-S60's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Ghent - Belgium
    Posts
    1,863
    Quote Originally Posted by Vik View Post
    seems very Interesting, I'm thinking of ordering one, It would be even cooler though to have one that includes the HQCT so that radio audio remains digital and an extra line level input becomes available for a camera or mp3-player.
    An extra line input would be difficult as the DAC only supports one... but you can use the line-in on your mainboard just as well.

    We're thinking about a HQCT+Amp+DAC device, depends on pricing off course...

    Where are you in Belgium?

    Joachim

  3. #103
    Low Bitrate benedums's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Eagan, MN
    Posts
    81
    Quote Originally Posted by JC-S60 View Post
    Please don't forget that 149 euro was 149 dollars not so long ago, and it's still 149 euro over here, we all need to live...
    Joachim
    Damn US economony!

    I'll have to give you props for creating this first off, allthough it's a bit more $$ than anticipated.

    What IC are you using for USB and Amp?
    did you choose the CM106 or another USB sound chip?
    What class is the amp, AB like an ST or KB like Toshiba or other?
    Sailin
    ________________________________________
    CarPC Status:
    Planning.......[--------x-] 90%
    Parts..........[------x---] 70%
    Fabrication....[----x-----] 50%
    ________________________________________

  4. #104
    Maximum Bitrate americasfuture2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Edmond, Ok
    Posts
    611
    Quote Originally Posted by benedums View Post
    Damn US economony!

    I'll have to give you props for creating this first off, allthough it's a bit more $$ than anticipated.

    What IC are you using for USB and Amp?
    did you choose the CM106 or another USB sound chip?
    What class is the amp, AB like an ST or KB like Toshiba or other?
    wow, im an electronic tech, and this is over my head.

    but then again, i have a very good excuse why i do not know much. i hate it, and its all my fault. but im getting back to where i was.

  5. #105
    One Sharp Cheddar ThunderStick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    West Allis, WI
    Posts
    1,657
    Quote Originally Posted by Vik View Post
    seems very Interesting, I'm thinking of ordering one, It would be even cooler though to have one that includes the HQCT so that radio audio remains digital and an extra line level input becomes available for a camera or mp3-player.
    Like this one.
    http://direct.xtronic.be/products/ca...s/hqct-ea.html
    New Age Garmin - Skin for RR
    New Age Slider - RR SKin In Progress
    "It's called CODE because I don't want you to know"

  6. #106
    One Sharp Cheddar ThunderStick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    West Allis, WI
    Posts
    1,657

    Lightbulb

    Quote Originally Posted by Kosti View Post
    $149 EURO hurts our little pockets in Australia mate! and that's not even including TAX and how much will it cost to send to downunder??

    I thought this was a Small and simple USB audio amp maybe u should add expensive too that title.

    Still it looks like a great product and would be keen for some test results from people who grab the first 50

    What tests have been done and any special software for it?
    Also consider this is a one of a kind product and the first of it's kind. Kind of like Blueray players, they are $400 here in the US. Now that is pricey for a DVD player. I can imagine that once the market is bigger for these items they will get cheaper. Like he said Xtronic probably only buys maybe 100 of these units at a time and when produced in such low quantities a factory is not as eager to offer lower prices.
    New Age Garmin - Skin for RR
    New Age Slider - RR SKin In Progress
    "It's called CODE because I don't want you to know"

  7. #107
    One Sharp Cheddar ThunderStick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    West Allis, WI
    Posts
    1,657
    Looks like a great product and well worth the dough if wanting to go with out a headunit.
    New Age Garmin - Skin for RR
    New Age Slider - RR SKin In Progress
    "It's called CODE because I don't want you to know"

  8. #108
    cheap custom title JC-S60's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Ghent - Belgium
    Posts
    1,863
    Quote Originally Posted by benedums View Post
    Damn US economony!

    I'll have to give you props for creating this first off, allthough it's a bit more $$ than anticipated.

    What IC are you using for USB and Amp?
    did you choose the CM106 or another USB sound chip?
    What class is the amp, AB like an ST or KB like Toshiba or other?
    It's a class AB (philips TDA series, 4x40W @ 4ohm), the DAC is a PCM29xx series.

    Quote Originally Posted by ThunderStick View Post
    Indeed, but the audio doesn't go over USB for that one...

    Quote Originally Posted by ThunderStick View Post
    Also consider this is a one of a kind product and the first of it's kind. Kind of like Blueray players, they are $400 here in the US. Now that is pricey for a DVD player. I can imagine that once the market is bigger for these items they will get cheaper. Like he said Xtronic probably only buys maybe 100 of these units at a time and when produced in such low quantities a factory is not as eager to offer lower prices.
    Indeed, this is not a mass market. The first batch is only 50 units.

    Quote Originally Posted by ThunderStick View Post
    Looks like a great product and well worth the dough if wanting to go with out a headunit.
    Thank you. Aparently there are other people interested enough to pay the price of 149 euro for it, so we are going to go through with it (too late to stop now anyway ).

    Joachim

  9. #109
    Maximum Bitrate americasfuture2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Edmond, Ok
    Posts
    611
    Quote Originally Posted by JC-S60 View Post

    Thank you. Aparently there are other people interested enough to pay the price of 149 euro for it, so we are going to go through with it (too late to stop now anyway ).

    Joachim
    149 euro? kinda ouch, but looks to be very worth it.

  10. #110
    Maximum Bitrate
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    570
    This aint $149 Euro, it's plus tax, plus delivery.

    I'll take one @ $149 Euro, but it seems that for me to buy this it would cost me well over $220 Euro just to get it here in OZ.

    I tried to buy the HQCT from your website once and it was way too expensive with all the BS involved and so I had to buy a 2nd hand unit.

    Send me one @ $149 and we have a deal!
    New Car PC Build list in progress

Similar Threads

  1. Simple request - USB arrow pad that I can hack up?
    By sivart321 in forum Input Devices
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 06-03-2007, 01:47 PM
  2. Wanted : Small, Cheap, Simple PC
    By ukchris in forum Classified Archive
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 12-21-2006, 01:44 PM
  3. WTB: Small, simple case for Mini-ITX
    By dmurray14 in forum Classified Archive
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-03-2005, 09:43 PM
  4. Simple, Small, Audio Mixer? Anyone?
    By techguy in forum General Hardware Discussion
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-05-2003, 01:45 AM
  5. Special audio preamp circuit
    By claylong in forum General Hardware Discussion
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 01-14-2003, 06:19 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •