Fom my limited knowledge of PCB boards the CM chip appears to be surface mounted not through hole - just in case that effects your abilities to de-solder them.
I'll post a photo of my sample board tomorrow.
Just another +1 to say I think this is a great idea. Head-unit replacement is what it's all about, forget big amps and posh optical soundcards - most people will be happy with something the level of their HU (or slightly better). Great idea.
Same here. I hope you'll be getting this on the market really soon
Thanks! We'll look into it...
Im all in for this idea. Since mitch's developement of his HD radio cable, this would incline me to go with out a head unit. Something I wanted to do for years. The only thing stopping me before was the cost of the amp, wiring and accessories needed for the amp. And of course a good radio tuner.
With a "USB amp" this would help to get me over the final hurdle.
Preview of the PCB - ATTENTION: Optical IN/OUT will not be on the final product, only available as an option for large orders!
- Stereo line-input (goes to the PC as recording channel - ideal for AM/FM, Sirius, DAB, XM... modules with analog output so you can use the equalizer and timeshifting/recording of the PC)
- 2x Stereo line-output (front and rear - fader on-board with trimpots)
- USB type B connector to PC (Audio and control)
- Molex with
- 4x speaker output - 4x40w (front and rear - fader on-board with trimpots)
- Remote power input (Acc wire)
- 12v power input
Optional: standard ISO wiring harnass for power, remote and speakers: really plug and play!
Good work, nice simple layout.