Page 104 of 141 FirstFirst ... 454949596979899100101102103104105106107108109110111112113114 ... LastLast
Results 1,031 to 1,040 of 1402

Thread: HD Radio Cables READY!

  1. #1031
    Maximum Bitrate LinuxRacr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    506
    I have a question about antennas. I no longer have a stock antenna in my car, since I did some body work a few years ago that sealed up my antenna hole. Are there any alternative, flat antennas for mounting on the trunk like my Sirius antenna? I just ordered a cable, and can't wait to have radio in the car again after 4 years!!
    My Car: 2001 Mazda MP3
    My OLD Carputer project: Here
    Completion Progress Bar: [**********100%]
    Current build! Here
    Completion Progress Bar: [*********99%]

  2. #1032
    MySQL Error
    Auto Apps:loading...

    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    5,256
    for am/fm... prob nothing that will work well

    i have never seen an aftermarket antenna that worked good for am/fm
    and wasnt a mast

    maybe something by fuba, but ONLY use fuba, not some knock off!

    but u might get into impeadance matching issues
    (which is why a lot of fancy oem antennas dont work with aftermarket radios)
    (at least not well)

    it is hit or miss, and that sucks making a hole, then missing
    and without mounting it, u cant be 100% sure


    mitch
    -Thanks
    Mitch
    www.rush2112.net

    "Did you test it in carwings??"

    Sun, Come shine my way
    May healing waters bury all my pain
    Wind, Carry me home
    The fabric of reality is tearing apart
    The piece of me that died
    Will return To live again

  3. #1033
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Richmond Virginia
    Posts
    43
    Mitch, I have your cable and have hooked everything up. HD radio is working but I'm having a volume issue. I have searched for a week and still can not find out why my volume level in Hdradio is so high. I have my line in volume set to 1 and my wave line set to 100. Still HDradio is too loud. (I had used mic in with boost off at first and then switched to line in). I used Carwings and DFX4. I noticed that DFX4 installs a HDradio folder directly into Riderunner and Carwings seems to use MJS/Gagets/Hdradio folder. Also the Dll in the dfx4 installed hdradio folder is older (1.1.0.0). I saw that you have software control over the line in from the vistron unit but I can not find out how to lower it more. What file do I need to look for to change it? I have a dual core atom intel board and am using on board sound (Realtek ALC662). Thanks,John

  4. #1034
    Low Bitrate
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    West Virginia
    Posts
    83
    Quote Originally Posted by YellowMater View Post
    Mitch, I have your cable and have hooked everything up. HD radio is working but I'm having a volume issue. I have searched for a week and still can not find out why my volume level in Hdradio is so high. I have my line in volume set to 1 and my wave line set to 100. Still HDradio is too loud. (I had used mic in with boost off at first and then switched to line in). I used Carwings and DFX4. I noticed that DFX4 installs a HDradio folder directly into Riderunner and Carwings seems to use MJS/Gagets/Hdradio folder. Also the Dll in the dfx4 installed hdradio folder is older (1.1.0.0). I saw that you have software control over the line in from the vistron unit but I can not find out how to lower it more. What file do I need to look for to change it? I have a dual core atom intel board and am using on board sound (Realtek ALC662). Thanks,John
    I am having the same issue.

  5. #1035
    Maximum Bitrate LinuxRacr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    506
    Quote Originally Posted by mitchjs View Post
    for am/fm... prob nothing that will work well

    i have never seen an aftermarket antenna that worked good for am/fm
    and wasnt a mast

    maybe something by fuba, but ONLY use fuba, not some knock off!

    but u might get into impeadance matching issues
    (which is why a lot of fancy oem antennas dont work with aftermarket radios)
    (at least not well)

    it is hit or miss, and that sucks making a hole, then missing
    and without mounting it, u cant be 100% sure


    mitch
    Like this one:

    http://delphi.com/manufacturers/auto...on/fmdiversity
    My Car: 2001 Mazda MP3
    My OLD Carputer project: Here
    Completion Progress Bar: [**********100%]
    Current build! Here
    Completion Progress Bar: [*********99%]

  6. #1036
    MySQL Error
    Auto Apps:loading...

    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    5,256
    i have no idea what dxf4 does, it shouldnt install hdradio... the newest hdradio is always in the newest RideRunner installer package

    i would not use any dll supplied by anything other then the RideRunner package

    as for volume... 1st lower your input gain on the line in via mixer control

    i would avoide at all costs lowering the volume of the hdradio, but it can be done

    its in the documentation that no one reads!!! (settings.txt)

    hdvolume=0-90
    Sets default HD radio volume. Default is 75, range is from 0 to 90.

    in RR.ini
    -Thanks
    Mitch
    www.rush2112.net

    "Did you test it in carwings??"

    Sun, Come shine my way
    May healing waters bury all my pain
    Wind, Carry me home
    The fabric of reality is tearing apart
    The piece of me that died
    Will return To live again

  7. #1037
    MySQL Error
    Auto Apps:loading...

    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    5,256


    NO, thats quite OEM, and no easy way to get one

    Fuba is a company that makes antennas for VW
    -Thanks
    Mitch
    www.rush2112.net

    "Did you test it in carwings??"

    Sun, Come shine my way
    May healing waters bury all my pain
    Wind, Carry me home
    The fabric of reality is tearing apart
    The piece of me that died
    Will return To live again

  8. #1038
    Low Bitrate
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    West Virginia
    Posts
    83
    Quote Originally Posted by mitchjs View Post

    as for volume... 1st lower your input gain on the line in via mixer control


    I don't know what I was thinking (or the lack there of).

  9. #1039
    Low Bitrate bigbuffs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    109
    I am in the processes of reinstalling all of my stuff do to a hdd failure and I can't get this working in rr. I'm using elite and when I start it up I get this message "sorry mjs gadgets hd radio control assembly is not registered" I'm not sure what is going on but the radio works fine with the standalone PCR program.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    [||||||----] - 60% Complete

  10. #1040
    MySQL Error
    Auto Apps:loading...

    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    5,256
    try reinstalling RideRunner, using the newest installer, and if you just did, try installing .net framework!!!
    since its a new machine, alot of people forget to vistit windows update, and get .net

    mitch
    -Thanks
    Mitch
    www.rush2112.net

    "Did you test it in carwings??"

    Sun, Come shine my way
    May healing waters bury all my pain
    Wind, Carry me home
    The fabric of reality is tearing apart
    The piece of me that died
    Will return To live again

Similar Threads

  1. PC Card for HD Radio
    By Spotted in forum General MP3Car Discussion
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 09-03-2008, 07:01 PM
  2. HD Radio
    By skyhawk2114 in forum StreetDeck
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 06-04-2008, 01:17 PM
  3. HD radio in my BMW
    By DAMBRO24 in forum Car Audio
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-14-2007, 05:19 PM
  4. Someone here has be be able to crack this HDRadio for the car!
    By Kamakazie2 in forum Hardware Development
    Replies: 243
    Last Post: 09-20-2007, 08:04 PM
  5. HD Radio?
    By peecee in forum Car Audio
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-31-2006, 02:48 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •