Page 7 of 25 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 244

Thread: Alpine screen interface

  1. #61
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    8
    Awesome work guys. I was actually considering starting up a project somewhat like this... (putting that E/C engineering degree to use, lol)... i read thru the whole thread, but I didn't see any ETA. What kind of ETA are you looking at? (no pressure at all! just curious)

  2. #62
    Variable Bitrate john05srt4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    307
    Can you go back and forth between the OEM alpine interface and your PC interface?

    Will the DVD-rom work for PC to?
    10 acura TL tech
    10 BMW S1000RR

  3. #63
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Aurora Co
    Posts
    12
    Quote Originally Posted by john05srt4 View Post
    Can you go back and forth between the OEM alpine interface and your PC interface?

    Will the DVD-rom work for PC to?

    the 740BT does not have a Rom of any sort. if your alpine Head unit has a DVD/CD capabitilites you will retain those. no it will not work for any thing other than what it's intended for


    Do you have a DVD based Alpine Navigation hooked to your alpine screen or H/U?

  4. #64
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Aurora Co
    Posts
    12
    Quote Originally Posted by elrom View Post
    Awesome work guys. I was actually considering starting up a project somewhat like this... (putting that E/C engineering degree to use, lol)... i read thru the whole thread, but I didn't see any ETA. What kind of ETA are you looking at? (no pressure at all! just curious)

    sorry to hedge but we are wanting a flawless product before we consider releasing. the monitor hardware interface for the screen is almost done and being tested on different mobo's as we speak before we say it's done!the WM demo videos look spectacular on this monitor even running on the via S3/unichrome graphics(720P for the via's). The touchscreen hardware interface is going as fast as we anticipated and would honestly bite my tongue if I were to give a day for release for the complete product. we have the componets laid out and circuit board for interface on CAD just waiting for final revisions before we send the file off to get a small production run so we can do fully built proto's, iron out any bugs if any, make sure we have somewhat close if not universal PC hardware compliance and then get ready for production.

    bite my tongue 90-120 days, as long as we are not spending late nights at work instead of in the dungeon developing.

    This project is our priority becaue we need a good monitor in our work trucks and I need a digital dash in my race car the laptop is getting cumbersome to dismount out of the work truck and then strap back down in the race car to tune,view and datalog. I can keep size,weight and safety compliance if I had my nano tucked under my dash and a touchscreen instead of a laptop strapped to the floor in my race car.

  5. #65
    Variable Bitrate john05srt4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    307
    Can i buy a BETA product.. help you test it?

    I would fully understand it may have some hickups but im about to spend money again on my new carPC and this would fit my needs.
    10 acura TL tech
    10 BMW S1000RR

  6. #66
    Low Bitrate
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    75
    Quote Originally Posted by john05srt4 View Post
    Can i buy a BETA product.. help you test it?

    I would fully understand it may have some hickups but im about to spend money again on my new carPC and this would fit my needs.
    I'm sorry but we are not going to be selling any beta models as of yet.

  7. #67
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    8
    Does the 740BT have component inputs?
    thanks

  8. #68
    ptk
    ptk is offline
    Variable Bitrate
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    333
    oh boy, i just saw this thread and I went into tachycardia. ALL IMMEDIATE PLAN HALTED.

    considering i just put in a 701 with tuning interface. DARN!
    ***
    CarPC Ver 4 completed. Aopen i45GMT-HD, C2D mobile 2GHz. Photofast 64GB SSD. Novatel EU-850D

  9. #69
    Low Bitrate
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    75
    Hey guys thanks for the great response. elrom the 740 does not have component inputs. The only open inputs are composite(aux-in & rear cam). ptk I don't know if the 701 can be interfaced through the 740. In this thread it is talked about. I think they said that it could be interfaced the vehicle hub.

  10. #70
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    8
    The input the guys here are interfacing with, what is it? It's not the composite since the composite wouldn't support the higher resolutions. What is the input being interfaced with to create the vga connection?

    If it is not component, what is it? How hard would it be to interface component with it?

    Quote Originally Posted by etsicc View Post
    Hey guys thanks for the great response. elrom the 740 does not have component inputs. The only open inputs are composite(aux-in & rear cam). ptk I don't know if the 701 can be interfaced through the 740. In this thread it is talked about. I think they said that it could be interfaced the vehicle hub.

Similar Threads

  1. Alpine
    By more mods in forum RR Skins
    Replies: 302
    Last Post: 04-10-2008, 06:34 AM
  2. Replies: 85
    Last Post: 07-09-2007, 05:44 AM
  3. Head Unit w/ Touch Screen, interface w/ Car Puter
    By Karterius in forum LCD/Display
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-21-2007, 05:19 PM
  4. Non-VGA screen to VGA
    By xxMIKExx in forum LCD/Display
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 04-10-2007, 10:18 PM
  5. Alpine amp interface
    By omega_5 in forum General MP3Car Discussion
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-02-2007, 04:41 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •