My reason for this is, I want to use my modded xbox. (mostly because of the quick boot/shutdown times, and because XBMC is a great piece of software). The xbox can put out standard def (composite), or hd (component, 480i, 480p, 720p, 1080i). It would be great to be able to use the component.
The input on the 740bt you're interfacing to, what is it exactly?
I'm considering developing an interface between a touchscreen (theoretically any touchscreen) and an xbox (or any computer), to be able to truly emulate a mouse (writing drivers for the xbox/xbmc isnt fun from what i hear...)
oh, and btw, your touchscreen interface, will it use usb?
Will it emulate a mouse?
We are interfacing with the RGB input to the 740. Also the touchscreen controller will be usb, we are not sure what all it is going to be able to emulate because we are interfacing the data how alpine made it. So we dont know if this will provide full mouse emulation.
I will go back to our notes. I think we were able to get 480 I/P to scale correctly on RGsB. but I remember there being a issue but don't recall what it was. Maybe further down the line as we get the VGA units ready for deployment we will take a look at a componet input.
etiscc: if you can confirm or correct me on what I recall about the componet input I would appreciate it!
you bloody beauty, this is the one thing that will allow me to finally get a car PC - the cheaper touchscreens put me off a little...
Anyway would be definitely keen on one of these interfaces as im looking at one of hese units at the moment anyway, although i have a few questions...
1) im in australia and we have the IVA-W202E which looks very similar to the unit you are testing, and was wondering if the sound processing features (ie. balance, fader, eq etc) would be retained? or would all of these have to be manually done through the windows sound setup? can the standard ALPINE interface still be acessed to make adjustments such as these?
2) volume buttons - will the volume buttons on the screen work?
3) will features such as the built in DVD player and AM/FM radio still be able to be used?
4) amplifier connections - will this still be done via the CarPC soundcard? or will the RCA outputs on the screen be able to be used?
5) any idea on how much this interface will be available for? approximatley?
sorry about all the questions haha feel that they will be usefull for all...
keep up the awsome work! :)
Thread subscribed :yum: