Page 3 of 36 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 354

Thread: W3bTracker - GPS Tracking & Secure Location Marking (also offering Mologogo tracking)

  1. #21
    Super Moderator. If my typing sucks it's probably because I'm driving.... turbocad6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    6,234
    well, I'm having an issue, I lost my gps antenna

    I'm dying to try this, does it track you real time?... can I view the tracks as there created? can I have the vehicle conected to the server & then I connect to the server from a seperate location & view the track?

  2. #22
    FLAC W3bMa5t3r's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Washington, DC
    Posts
    1,268
    Quote Originally Posted by turbocad6 View Post
    well, I'm having an issue, I lost my gps antenna

    I'm dying to try this, does it track you real time?... can I view the tracks as there created? can I have the vehicle conected to the server & then I connect to the server from a seperate location & view the track?
    lol uh oh...

    Yes, this tracks you in real time, as you track, it uploads the data (provided you have a connection, and the 'real time' is dependent on your connection speed and upload frequency setting) and as soon as it's on the server, you can view it on the maps on the server's client side. I'm working on the upload function of saved data logs at the moment... for those doing offline tracking...

    The web side is viewable from anywhere at anytime, and is separate from the client. It just pulls the data from the database.

  3. #23
    The Last Good Gremlin GizmoQ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    St Louis
    Posts
    2,348
    Quote Originally Posted by W3bMa5t3r View Post
    I've sent you a PM here and on DCCarPCs with the info. Also an actual email through here, but it came back undeliverable. :-\
    Got it, Fixed it. Thanx

    Just something to consider when you write the code for offline save and upload later - you might want to consider how that info is saved, verification of upload, and renaming uploaded file by date uploaded (just in case the upload failed after verification, so the user can rename it back to upload title and try again).

    Renaming and saving on users computer is also good for archiving, i.e., so you don't have to do it on your server. If the user wants to review an archive they can close the active client, rename the archive to the upload filename, initiate the client upload command, close it and then logon to the website. Or better yet, have it as an option on the webpage view to upload and review a saved archive. Then we can easily switch back to the active feed. (GPSSeure had part of this)
    HARDWARE: Fujitsu Stylistic ST5111w/WiFi and dock, internal Hitachi 500G HD, external 1TB HD, Sierra Wireless Aircard 550, DVD-RW, BoomzBox HD radio, XM Commander, Delorme GPS, Saitek X-52 Pro joystick, BluSoleil Bluetooth, TPMS, FB, Elm327

  4. #24
    FLAC W3bMa5t3r's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Washington, DC
    Posts
    1,268
    Quote Originally Posted by GizmoQ View Post
    Got it, Fixed it. Thanx

    Just something to consider when you write the code for offline save and upload later - you might want to consider how that info is saved, verification of upload, and renaming uploaded file by date uploaded (just in case the upload failed after verification, so the user can rename it back to upload title and try again).

    Renaming and saving on users computer is also good for archiving, i.e., so you don't have to do it on your server. If the user wants to review an archive they can close the active client, rename the archive to the upload filename, initiate the client upload command, close it and then logon to the website. Or better yet, have it as an option on the webpage view to upload and review a saved archive. Then we can easily switch back to the active feed. (GPSSeure had part of this)
    I've got the offline code piece built... but that's a good idea... off to code some more... lol back in a few

  5. #25
    The Last Good Gremlin GizmoQ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    St Louis
    Posts
    2,348
    Quote Originally Posted by W3bMa5t3r View Post
    I've got the offline code piece built... but that's a good idea... off to code some more... lol back in a few
    Now if you really want to get fancy, Shawn Jones wrote a plugin for Map Monkey that stored daily logs in a laymans format which created files by date, created folders by month and year. (Actually, I'd love to see this ported over to FreeDrive). It was great for tax time - an automatic mileage log for the business.

    Check out the .CSV in excel.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    HARDWARE: Fujitsu Stylistic ST5111w/WiFi and dock, internal Hitachi 500G HD, external 1TB HD, Sierra Wireless Aircard 550, DVD-RW, BoomzBox HD radio, XM Commander, Delorme GPS, Saitek X-52 Pro joystick, BluSoleil Bluetooth, TPMS, FB, Elm327

  6. #26
    FLAC W3bMa5t3r's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Washington, DC
    Posts
    1,268
    Ok uploaded a new version, this includes a second EXE for uploading the data from the offline data log file (GPSTrackingLog.txt) to the server, drop it in the same folder as your Tracker. It reads from the same track_config.ini file. I'm going to start on ANOTHER re-write of the program, to combine all these features into one... and organize the code a bit better

    Let me know what other issues we're having.

  7. #27
    FLAC
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Queens, New York
    Posts
    1,386
    OK So i installed this in my car following step by step instructions. And for some reasons the prog cant connect to my GPS. It doesnt have # of sats and no gps info is runningthorugh the prog. I use Xport3 and have my com port splitted. All my other GPS utili are working just cant get it to work with this one.
    2002 Mitsubishi Galant
    Progress: 90% [-▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓- ->

    Carputer Specs:
    Via M10K
    512mb Ram
    60GB HDD
    Souund Blaster Audigy2 NX
    OPUS ITX PC Case


  8. #28
    FLAC W3bMa5t3r's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Washington, DC
    Posts
    1,268
    Out of curiosity, those that are having issues and have followed the instructions correctly ... what speed do your other gps programs connect at? The norm is 4800...

  9. #29
    Para Laura thanatos106's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Miami Beach,FL U.S.A
    Posts
    3,497
    Ok so I register and awaiting for you to set my Tracking account

    Thanatos.
    RexBruMet Skin for FrodoPlayer

    Nissan Aux-in MOD


    Quote Originally Posted by bgoodman
    We're an international forum, post in whatever langauge you like.

  10. #30
    Variable Bitrate nkotch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    FL
    Posts
    412
    Quote Originally Posted by W3bMa5t3r View Post
    Out of curiosity, those that are having issues and have followed the instructions correctly ... what speed do your other gps programs connect at? The norm is 4800...

    Have tried with a couple different gps units (bluetooth and serial, both with and without xport to split the incoming streams) and can't get it to work. Also went through the readme and followed those directions. After following those instructions the program now saves the com port setting (before it would show zero as the com assignment) but now I get an error saying "Not Receiving GPS Data" and no data comes in and I don't get the green connected graphic.
    Nick
    '99 Ford Escort ZX2 CarPC <-- RIP Feb '07

    2006 Chevy Equinox LS (Current Project)

    **VIA EPIA PD 1ghz Mobo, OPUS 150, 7" LinITX LCD touchscreen, 512 Ram, 60Gig HD, DLink Bluetooth, Belkin 802.11g wireless,

Similar Threads

  1. tracking police gps
    By geoff897 in forum GPS
    Replies: 39
    Last Post: 09-10-2010, 11:43 PM
  2. need a gps tracking solution cheeep
    By L33TZOR in forum GPS
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-11-2006, 07:53 AM
  3. Interesting GPS tracking software
    By Tred in forum Software & Software Development
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 10-26-2005, 08:59 PM
  4. GPS Tracking
    By OriginalNick2 in forum Centrafuse
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 01-21-2005, 04:38 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •